View Full Version : Would you consider yourself a redneck?

onebadbanshee91
04-23-2003, 05:11 AM
Would you consider yourself a redneck and why?

redroost85
04-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Alright banshee man. I didn't vote in the poll and here's my reason. Where I live there is a difference between rednecks and hillbillies. The rednecks are more apt to silly and stupid schiz whereas the hillbillies are just laid back, whatever happens, country folk. Both like to have a good time, just rednecks get more rowdy around here, whereas the hillbilles just keep to themselves and their riding buds.

I would classify myself as hillbilly. Don't know how it is where you all are from, but that is the way it is 'round here. But, to each their own....:bandit:

300exazzkikr
04-23-2003, 05:20 AM
People call me a redneck, so i voted for yes. I see you live in NJ. where abouts, I'm in central near PA.

exriderdude
04-23-2003, 05:24 AM
um...no:huh

04-23-2003, 05:27 AM
I voted yes....:devil I got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4 wheel drive so I guess so..:macho

Castor-426ex
04-23-2003, 05:29 AM
i make my own whiskey and my own smoke too

aint too many things these ole boys cant do

YLW400
04-23-2003, 05:31 AM
Can you skin a buck and run a trout line?:eek:

wyndzer
04-23-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I voted yes....:devil I got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4 wheel drive so I guess so..:macho

I thought that meant you were a "country boy" that can survive?

Charlie Daniels sings about what this world needs " is a few more rednecks". We'll listen to it a time or two over the next few days.:devil

250xman
04-23-2003, 05:32 AM
I voted yes.... I got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4 wheel drive so I guess so..

well Rico thats a country boy though.

but yes i am "THE" redneck. in dallas there aint too many of us either. but dang its fun!:devil

p@iNn3ck
04-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by 250xman
well Rico thats a country boy though.

but yes i am "THE" redneck. in dallas there aint too many of us either. but dang its fun!:devil

You aint kiddin..... I moved a friend from Nashville down to Allen Tx. Went went out to Dallas.... dagum did we stand out.

I guess the 4 confederate flags and the cowbell on my truck label me as a "redneck".... and the farmers tan don't hurt neither.

04-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Well i know the song is about a country boy..the point i was makin is if ya know the words to that song..your a redneck..;)

p@iNn3ck
04-23-2003, 05:43 AM
Well i know the song is about a country boy..the point i was makin is if ya know the words to that song..your a redneck..;)

round here, if ya know LeDoux, you're a redneck....

onebad98blaster
04-23-2003, 05:49 AM
I voted yes because, my bike is hemi orange and is called the general lee, I wear a CAT diesel power hat and flannel shirt, I got a 3'x5' confederate flag hanging in my room and a sticker on my quad. I also listen to Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels and Creedence Clearwater Revival. I'm only 13 years old.

TheChknhwk
04-23-2003, 05:52 AM
I had a friend from Tennesee that I used to work with that called me the Northern Redneck.... I tell you what.. I live in a polebarnhaus, drive a 4x4, got me a junkyard dog, listen to country raidio, download & burn Waylon Jennings songs, and I live in a town w/one stoplight. Future plans include a softball field in the front yard w/Dixie flyin on the foulpoles, and painted b-ball court in the garage w/Dixie as the lane colors. Don't worry boys, I'll take pics:D :devil Oh yeah & the Reb-X Ceet cover:)

TheChknhwk
04-23-2003, 05:54 AM
Oh yeah and if you enjoy drinkin' beer & shootin' crows outta the pines w/a pellet pistol from a lawn chair - you must be a redneck:D :devil

400exdad
04-23-2003, 05:56 AM
I voted no, but it probably depends on who you ask. Some people think that if you own a truck and ride a 4 wheeler, you must be a redneck. And then there are those who think that if you live in Mississippi, you must be a redneck. And then, (yes one more and then's :) ), there are those people who watch Jerry Springer, and see the worst the south has to offer and think: If you are from anywhere in the south you must be a redneck. Yanowutamean?

Right now, I have to go and find my chaw, git my gun, and snatch my baby sisters cousins brothers daddys mamas little brother bald headed.

04-23-2003, 05:57 AM
:huh

Glow Plug
04-23-2003, 06:09 AM
i don't consider myself a rednech more a country boy i guess :D

QuadTrix6
04-23-2003, 06:11 AM
naaa ;)

TheChknhwk
04-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Can't forget about this.... yummy;)

QuAdRaCeR244
04-23-2003, 06:12 AM
yeah i guess i would be:ermm:

bigbadbrad
04-23-2003, 07:12 AM
redneck no, hick yes
it is not my fault i want to drive a skidder and have a truck that has a12 inch lift with a straight through exahust. well just about every one in northern maine in a hick if yu go buy if you hunt, drink, own a truck , own a atv, and have more dirt roads in there town then paved roads oh yeah and cant froget that in your town the acres of woods out number the acres of developed land 7-1

blondie69
04-23-2003, 07:38 AM
i aint no redneck:huh
i may live in the country, but i'm gettin out as soon as i graduate. you'll never catch me in flannel. i have used shot guns....but i'd rather use a pistol. we have 4x4 trucks and thats all we will use....cuz wats the sense of havin a 2x4?? lol...umm....wat else makes a redneck:confused2

blondie69
04-23-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
redneck no, hick yes
it is not my fault i want to drive a skidder

ooooooh, we have a skidder....and a porter....and a slasher truck....and a harvestor.....my dad cuts trees...we used to have a tractor trailor truck, but we sold it to the driver cuz he threatened to quit if we didn't sell it to him:rolleyes:

CHAUNCY
04-23-2003, 07:45 AM
I wouldnt consider myslelf a redneck.

TheChknhwk
04-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Some people view the word redneck in a negative light, but I just see it as proud to be a country boy & stayin' that way.

4wheelboy
04-23-2003, 08:37 AM
yankee by birth rebel by choice

last friday my neighbor was having a party an their friends where making fun of us being rednecks saying we could have junkyard wars in are back yard so me an my buddy loaded up a confederate flag in my air cannon shot it in to there yard well it shut them up:devil

crazybuffalo
04-23-2003, 09:02 AM
yeah im one if you count the jeff foxworthy redneck tests

04-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Some people think that if you own a truck and ride a 4 wheeler, you must be a redneck.

well riding a 4 wheeler doesnt make u a redneck ........people think that because 57% of the people who ride them are rednekcs....the reason why quads have bad image

Black400
04-23-2003, 11:20 AM
I live in ok but i am not a redneck at all but i did live most of my childhood in the country (i live in town now with my mom because my dad died) and i have lots of rifles pistols etc.... and a 4x4 but i am not a redneck at all and i dont look like one either. But i dont have anything against them.:rolleyes: :devil

TheRedRebel17
04-23-2003, 11:24 AM
if you consider the redneck test true.then im definately one. one song comes to mind, that i do about everything in that song..
Alan Jackson- Its alright to be a redneck

It's alright to be a redneck
It's alright to ride around in a dirty ol' truck
Catch a bunch of fish and shoot a bunch of duck
Chase around girls on Friday night.
You wanna make 'em feel alright

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright to be a redneck
It's alright to work hard in the sun all day
Drink a couple beers after balin' hay
It's good to be a redneck
Drive down Ernie's for some barbecue
Showin' off your brand new boots
The kids are gonna cry
and the chickens gonna fry
Oh, you know it
Your car won't run
so your cousin's comin' by to tow it

Ba bom ba bom...
It's alright to have a girl
name'a Thelma Lou
That don't mind a little kiss
when you got a little chew
Party on the road
By the light of the moon
Dancin' to a country tune

Yeah...it's alright, it's just right,
it'a alright to be a redneck
Ba bom bom...

"BLAHH"300!!
04-23-2003, 11:52 AM
:devil ....i won't lie to you.....
..i'm a head....nothin' red about me....
here's afew differances between me and a redneck

...they wear cowboy hats
i wear a viSor (fox visor)[i don't turn it upside down though)

...they wear wranglers
i wear jYnco's

...they wear cowboy boots
i wear dOc martins, aka..riding boots

...they drink budwieser / wild turkey / evan..(RICO?)
i'm bud-light/ coors light / crown n coke

...THEY RIDE YAMAHA 4x4 P's.O.S.!!!!!
:D :D :devil

...they hunt deer
i hunt booty

...they go to the bar
i go to the club

...they yell "Whoo hoo..get him billy"
i look at the guy next to me a give a smirk "fkn rednecks"

...they stand on a table to call out a 5-second drill
i give the international sign....(beer in the air, eye contact)

...i've noticed they also count down thier 5-sec drills....
i don't...i either drink it all, sucking the air out of the bottle untill it colaps's, or spill it onto my shirt...

...they also hook up with some nasty beeyachez...
i can't handle that man....i'll go dumb before i go home with that.

lil400exman
04-23-2003, 12:06 PM
i am with blahh and red roost i am inbetween i like 4x4's causei pull u little city boy ricers and i can pull my quad with em and i dont chew or shoot a whole lot but i think its kinda byist its like sayin if ur from jersey ny or east pa ur a yankee ya know?so redo yer poll man:eek2: :grr

Stevie-D
04-23-2003, 01:23 PM
my whole family is from Philly and my parents left there a few years before i was born. all the people i know consider me a redneck..i shoot guns, hang the stars n bars, listen to country music, look at country girls who are actually pretty, not some ho from the ghetto(dont flame me on that one guys). i have a reputation for being a redneck. i dont say "sir" to anyone. i dont show respect to anyone unless they respect me first. some people say thats cuz my parents are from the slums of philly and im born with a tough attitude, but i think otherwise...
like the sayin goes i guess...Yankee by birth, rebel by choice.

skinrider440
04-23-2003, 01:32 PM
southern by birth, redneck by the grace of God

i dont have any skids or and of that stuff cuz in Oklahoma there are like 100 trees but i have tractors and combines and swathers and other (flat ground) equipment

Dustybear300ex
04-23-2003, 01:45 PM
im not so much referred to as a red neck, but more of a hick.

FourFiftyFour
04-23-2003, 01:51 PM

Well I guess I was caught red-handed.... I was listenin to it the other day (and I even have a system in my truck)
Somethin doesn't sound right :huh lol o well
Ive always been sorta prone to go back to my country roots every now and then...... hehe

racerx573
04-23-2003, 02:16 PM
1. I am from Texas (well used to be)
2. I say "ya'll" all the time
3. I have a rebel flag hanging in my room
4. I come from a long list of farmers
5. I RACE QUADS, haha

hessianmx111
04-23-2003, 02:48 PM
i wouldnt really consider my self one because around here some people pride them selves on being one but alot of em are really racist, one of my friends outlook on life is "if ya aint white ya aint right":huh and even though i dont like the realy g-dawg homey n**gers or wiggers i have nothin against black people. i think chris rock once said somethin like that once too. but back to the question i would consider my self an all around kinda person like i have my kinda punk clothes, i got some mossy oak camo, i even have a bunch of preppy abercrombie clothes. my cd player has everything from 50cent,hank williams jr,good charlotte, killswitch engage, metallica, and even christina aguilera:eek2: :huh . i guess im a country punk prep:huh :huh anybody else like this:confused:

Brad
04-23-2003, 03:18 PM
i voted yes cause i shoot squirrels, got a 4x4, and say yall alot, my grampa has a farm too and i shoot even more sqirrels there

MOUSE
04-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by skinrider440
southern by birth, redneck by the grace of God

amen :macho

kxrider
04-23-2003, 05:03 PM
i gues ya cuase im from louisiana im doooomed:D

04-23-2003, 07:25 PM
:huh why would u be proud of being a redneck? maybe hick but when i hear redneck it brings to mind a toothless ignorant small minded loser from a trailer park who thinks shoes are for rich folk and insists on walking bare foot thru mud , gravel ....ppssh im obviously outnumbered here:uhoh:

Castor-426ex
04-23-2003, 07:26 PM
i just like to drink whiskey...

night time...day time....anytime...

matter of fact Ive got whiskey right now....and im drinking to this thread

04-23-2003, 07:33 PM
nuthin wrong with being a country boy but i dont think of country boy and redneck as same thing:ermm:

"BLAHH"300!!
04-23-2003, 09:34 PM
.....HEY.....
i wrote that up there a long time ago, i was ganna come back and say i was kidding, but i left., so...

i'm kidding.

i'm from
"meye, crooked letter, crooked letter, eye, crooked letter, crooked letter, eye, pee pee, eye"

you know i got red all in me...i don't show it. i'm a slacker, i'll give you that...read my sig."
put it this way....got an uncle named "boo boo" his real name is "vernon"..got another named "buddy" his real name is "buddy"
"buddy tested buddy aproves.....can't bust em'"....got another named "squeekey"..his real name is "alfred" one named "E.O."
oh yeah, can't forget "junior"....his real name is "JUNIOR"!!

when i was a kid , we had nicknames for all my uncles on my dads side...names like.. "Goat man".."22".."Tex hal"
"The ram"...my dad was "Big foot"...i was "Little foot"..
..why did they call him.. "Ole Pit' atoe"..
..one was blind and would cut his own grass...another was paralyzed and drove around town..
my grand ma calls' me "Donnie"...o.k. donnie is the guy that's paralyzed....

ok, now that's only my DADS side..and i didn't even start on his sister's...or tell half the storie's i have...i could right a book like that "Odel Lodel, Eugine, and MAH"cell, went on a coon hunt..
ahh yeah....2 other cusins, (more like uncles)..
."Bear" and "coon"??
thier dad was the one who'd cut his grass...WITH A RIDING MOWER, i might add...

..would you like to hear about my moms side?

12 on my dads side
9 on my mom's side

my uncle had a deer run him over....he ran out of shells, the deer charges and like the movie..he threw his hunting vest over his shoulder and yelled "BATTLE"
and went head to head aginst a buck....with his "buck" knife..
....he fell in the creek, and the deer got away.

.................witch reminds me...cousin "buck"....

Leo
04-23-2003, 11:54 PM
redneck, wouldn't have it any other way...

Leo

400EXrider#91
04-24-2003, 02:43 AM
i would be a deff. on redneck

1. i work on 2 dairy farms
2. my truck is lifted 6"
3. my g/f lives on a dairy
4. me and my friends always do the stupid chit!
5. the cops are at my house monthly!
6. i always say 10-4

P.S. i'm the next JOE DIRT!!!

lil400exman
04-24-2003, 03:15 AM
freeride i am with you...................................and reacerx i have all those songs too...................:confused2

redroost85
04-24-2003, 03:59 AM
My uncle once told me that rednecks throw their beer cans out the window (of the pickup) and hillbilles throw'em in the bed of the truck.

Take that for what it's worth I guess.........:confused2

TheChknhwk
04-24-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by redroost85
My uncle once told me that rednecks throw their beer cans out the window (of the pickup) and hillbilles throw'em in the bed of the truck.

Take that for what it's worth I guess.........:confused2

Hmm, I throw em in the back me & my buddy made it home from a bender w/over $7.00 in the bed @.10ea. Just enough money to power wash the frozen KC masterpiece puke off the side of my truck:D :devil

jcv400ex
04-24-2003, 04:29 AM
Freeride,

You listen to Jeff Foxworthy too much....Alan says it best in the song.....

Just simple country folk....with shotguns and coon hounds....wanna run the "S" pattern fer me? :D

GETSOME
04-24-2003, 05:13 AM
I'm a redneck all the way. I'm a 3rd generation log truck driver, among my senior class at Oregon State University I am the only one that wears hickory shirts and says 10-4, chew kodiak snuff, ride ta beat hell in my spare time, and I have three neighbors and their all drunks!

ThorChick
04-24-2003, 06:08 AM
I'm a redneck at heart. I can ride (horses and quads), I own a 4wd truck, listen to country music, can out drink most of the men I know, and have friends with names like 'John-boy' and 'Hoss.' I change my own oil (truck and quad) and take pride in seeing how much mud I can cover them both in. At any outdoor bonfire party I'm the one chick that shows up with palletes (sp?) loaded in her pickup, which you know she did herself.
I don't dress like a redneck, but I am one at heart. I am currently looking into getting a belt with my name on the back of it though....:devil

jcv400ex
04-24-2003, 06:30 AM
:eek2:

What address should I mail the plane ticket and the engagement ring to Thorchick?! :devil

AndrewRRR
04-24-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
:eek2:

What address should I mail the plane ticket and the engagement ring to Thorchick?! :devil

heeeey, thats MY redneck girl! lol
I'd have to say I'm a redneck. I go through more duct tape by 10am than most people do all year. :D

beer: it's whats for breakfast!

Hey GETSOME are you still at OSU? I'm a senior there too.

04-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Some people says I'm red, but I'm really just a river rat deep down inside. I like to catch catfish, gig frogs, grab turtles and hunt coons with my ol red bone hound "Red". I outshoot and outdrink most men round here, course I'm bout as big as most men round here. I work a job most men won't do. I'm die hard outlaw country fan, my alltime favorite is none other than DAVID ALLAN COE, and I grabbed his tushy one night at a concert. I have 26 of his albums on cd and cassete. I also "groove" to Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, John Prine, Billy Joe Shaver, Arlo Guthrie, a fellow by the name of Hank Williams Jr., C.W. McCall, Johnny Horton, I think you get the point. I drive an El Camino, I would have a jacked up truck, but I messed my hip up in a air boat accident a few years back. I ain't into piercing myself, but if others wanna do it, I ain't got no problem with that, either. But I can't stand those lousy ***g0ts. Buttholes are for pooping - not pumping. Well, that's my views on this subject for now, I might add more later.

TheChknhwk
04-24-2003, 08:01 AM
^^^^ that is some good redneck chit right there. Brings to mind "Outlaw Women" by Junior. Are you sure you ain't slapnutz & monkeyboy's momma?!?

04-24-2003, 08:19 AM
I don't have kids, just ol Red to keep me company. I haven't been on this computer chat long, but I've been here long enuff to know them boys are either messin with everybody, or they a couple fries short of a happy meal. That Outlaw Women is good stuff. I'll drink to that once I hit the homested. Boss's gone today so I can play on the computer more. Better not partake in the devil juice while on the job. I forgot to mentionanother favorite singer of mine earlier, which I highly reccommennd although he has had serious battles with that forsaken heroin drug throughout his life, and that is Steve Earle.

GETSOME
04-24-2003, 09:15 AM
AndrewRRR, yeah I am still at OSU. I am a senior in Construction Engineering Management. I graduate this June. How bout you?

hessianmx111
04-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
nuthin wrong with being a country boy but i dont think of country boy and redneck as same thing:ermm:

same here

AndrewRRR
04-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by GETSOME
AndrewRRR, yeah I am still at OSU. I am a senior in Construction Engineering Management. I graduate this June. How bout you?

I'm a business admin major with an option in management. I have 1 more term of business classes for my degree, I still might take a minor though.

WalshKFX
04-24-2003, 12:57 PM
i voted yes because everybody at my school calls me a redneck because i live on a farm and drive tractors:confused:

Tommy 17
04-24-2003, 01:07 PM
i about as big of a redneck as u can be haha...

GETSOME
04-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Our program is basically a civil engineering degree suplemented with business courses. I'm taking Human Resourse Management BA 453 right now, and also BA 213 with of course...Jim Byrne. I bet you have had him for a couple of classes, hes a goof. Good luck AndrewRRR with finishing up your degree.

04-25-2003, 01:57 AM
Down in these parts there is sorta a un-offical sport called possum kickin. Now if youve ever done this I'd say you could be a redneck. How you do it is load up a case of beer in a cooler full of ice. Make sure to pour a little salt on the ice cause it makes the beer colder. Put your cooler in the truck, along with a couple buddies and head out for the river bottoms. Now the goal of this hear game is quantity, not quality... so chase down every possum you can find. Don't hit em with the truck, you jump out, run em down and kick the living daylights out of them. After theyve passed on, throw em on the truck hood and at the end of the night, head on back into town (to the local saloon if your town's big enough to have one) and show em off to all yer buds. Makes for a good night of cheap entertanement.

bigbadbrad
04-30-2003, 09:56 AM
well i guess i am a redneck:D

today in english class our teacher told us to write about our most memorible moment, and i wrote that it was buying and looking for my truck. she asked me to say what i wrote about and i told her. she said "you know that you are a redneck when your most memorible moment is buying you truck"
they whole class laughed, hell i did to.
so now i am i redneck hick, good combination aye.:cool:

Brad
04-30-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by froggigginmama
Down in these parts there is sorta a un-offical sport called possum kickin. Now if youve ever done this I'd say you could be a redneck. How you do it is load up a case of beer in a cooler full of ice. Make sure to pour a little salt on the ice cause it makes the beer colder. Put your cooler in the truck, along with a couple buddies and head out for the river bottoms. Now the goal of this hear game is quantity, not quality... so chase down every possum you can find. Don't hit em with the truck, you jump out, run em down and kick the living daylights out of them. After theyve passed on, throw em on the truck hood and at the end of the night, head on back into town (to the local saloon if your town's big enough to have one) and show em off to all yer buds. Makes for a good night of cheap entertanement.
ROTFLMGDAO!!!!!!! :D :D

AndrewRRR
04-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
well i guess i am a redneck:D

today in english class our teacher told us to write about our most memorible moment, and i wrote that it was buying and looking for my truck. she asked me to say what i wrote about and i told her. she said "you know that you are a redneck when your most memorible moment is buying you truck"
they whole class laughed, hell i did to.
so now i am i redneck hick, good combination aye.:cool:

Hey some people just don't understand what a kick *** feeling it is to get a new rig! Tell them it's like when they get a new pair of Birkenstock sandals and they'll probably understand! lol tree huggers