PDA

View Full Version : clutch is messed up

glowinzr2
04-23-2003, 04:39 AM
ok iv been ridin for like 10 years now and i got my 400ex about a year ago. i rode it pry 3 or 4 times a month before and not very hard. for a few months now i ahve been goin to tracks to practice for an upcoming race and iv noticed a few things. when i shift (usually 2nd to 3rd) every once in a while it will just drop back down after a few seconds. i mean its a clean shift and everything. and also when i pull my clutch in after a while of practicing it takes my whole arm strength. i mean i know it normal for it to pull hard a little bit but i mean i have to stop and let it cool off before i go back out. im lookin at gettin a magura hydro clutch but i just dont want ne thing to be seriously messed up. thanks

Castor-426ex
04-23-2003, 04:44 AM
for it to jump out of gear like that limits the problem to the shift linkage i think...pull the right side cover off and have a look around

glowinzr2
04-23-2003, 04:34 PM
i was hopin you wouldnt say that i just changed my oil. oh well i guess its better to drain it than completly blow out my clutch in the middle of a race.

Castor-426ex
04-23-2003, 05:13 PM
what oil are you running?

glowinzr2
04-25-2003, 02:33 AM
i know its honda oil if i remember correctly it 10w-50. does that sound right?

glowinzr2
04-25-2003, 01:07 PM
well i know what wwas wrong after i took everything apart. of course it was the smallesst thing. i talked to some guys around town and they said all i have to do is adjust the clutch cable, i was like i did and they are like u THINK u did. long story short does anyone have a pic of how everything goes back together? im havin probs with the thing taht connects to the clutch cable and that little spring along with the other spring. not the ones taht are bolted in though. i know i should know this sorry guys. PLEASE HELP ME i ahve a race on sunday.