PDA

View Full Version : Need Help choosing front tire?

kineo3
04-23-2003, 03:47 AM
I am planning on doing some mx this summer and have limited funds. Ideal situation would be to have two complet sets of front and back, but that is not an option I have. I want to keep 20in razr's on back, so what would match up well on front. I like the 20" holeshot mx's but I am not sure going from 22" stock front to a 20" front will effect handling. Should I just get a 21" front so I can still trail ride and mx. Please help I am very torn.

redroost85
04-23-2003, 05:08 AM
I was wondering about this as well. I am looking to get some new fronts and was wondering what the logic is behind taller/bigger front tires? This setup seems to be popular at my local mx track. Please help...I need the EXriders expertise!:D

QuadTrix6
04-23-2003, 06:01 AM
YES your front tires should always be bigger than your rears, im not exactly sure of the reasoning behind it. you should go 1" or 2" bigger in the front than the rear, i run 1" different. i have 18 inch tamers in the rear and 19" holeshot mx's in the front...tamers are really like 17"'s though so they match up real well

Chanman420q
04-23-2003, 03:00 PM
it will handle better and make it more of a smoother comfeyer ride... lol i will always keep 2'' diffrance, thats how stock is and thats how i like it :D