PDA

View Full Version : whats up with georges?

NITRO1253
04-23-2003, 03:27 AM
i have been hearing a bunch of different stories about cops and stuff going on down there. does anyone know whats up?

danyeo
04-23-2003, 04:00 AM
There is another post, scroll down a little. I was busted there last year by the DEPA and have not been back since, and i have heard reports of cops down there a lot.

hondagirl3175
04-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Cops are there and you can't get into george's property anymore he blocked it off.....

CronicArt
04-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Yes, yes many cops and blocked roads.:grr

04-23-2003, 05:04 PM
I was busted there last year by the DEPA

So you met all my nice helpful friends :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about those wonderfull DEPE officers, but I dont ride there often anymore either since it seems they have some kind of tracking signal attached to my quad casue they seem to know when I am there :grr

On a serious note I hear that the land owner is letting things cool down for a while and waiting to see what effect the new off roader group has on the political system.

Do you part and sign up @ www.jorva.org you can make a diff and we all need to help each other.

CronicArt
04-23-2003, 05:11 PM
I've signed up with the jorva many months ago and made copies of the form and made many others sign up too and none of us have gotten any kind of response from them.

04-23-2003, 05:18 PM
From what I understand there wont be any immediate contact and the initial round up of members will be to show the state that there are many of us that need to be considered when they propose new laws and vote etc.

I have had several talks with the people running this and they are very actively working on getting new areas opened up for riding and off road use etc.

Seems like later during the summer there should be more info out on whats happening and how the newly set up committee (by the state) has faired with pushing things along.

If I should hear anything sooner (I am not part of the "loop" so dont sit there waiting) I will deff post on it.

I have been doing what you have on a fairly large scale in just getting people to join so we have a voice as a group in our state politics, and good work by the way.