PDA

View Full Version : Tell The Truth!!!

zfire_28
04-22-2003, 09:42 PM
My neighbor went shopping for a quad today and went to 3 different dealers. the guy at the Polaris shop told him that the Predator has over 50 hp!!!!

The guy at the ski doo dealer told him that the DS650 Baha does 100 mph right out of the box, and not to buy the KFX700 because it is slow and weighs over 600lbs!!!!!!

These dealers need to quit lien their arses off and start being honest with people. Now my neighbor is going to go buy a Baha even though I told him that it don't do no 100mph, he still thinks the dealer is telln the truth.......

A few months ago I was in a yamaha dealer, and the owner tells me that a Warrior is a better all around quad than a 400ex and a bunch of other b/s about Banshees and Raptors doing 90-100mph stock!!!!...I told the dude that I own a Warrior, and a 400ex, and that he was full of chit. Needless to say he shut up pretty quik.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with any of these quads, and I know that people should research what they buy, but isn't there a law against these lien turds?

.................:scary: OK I feel better now:scary: .................

zfire_28
04-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Sorry, I guess this should have went in the open forum.

QuadTrix6
04-22-2003, 10:51 PM
i love going into dealers knowing about a quad and liten to them spew all this bs at you..its so funny;)

danyeo
04-23-2003, 02:22 AM
It's all about selling and making money. Top speed is all people care about anyway, until they learn how to ride!

Derno24
04-23-2003, 02:36 AM
Ain't no quad doing 80mph out of the box. I know you can make them go faster. I love screwing with dealers...Ask them about a quad and they spew all this mis-information then you drop the bomb on em. Reaaalllllyyy the Warrior is the best all around quad you say well what about a z400, 400 ex, or whatever. He spews a little further than bam. Well spec sheets on these bikes say this and that the warrior is heavier and has an aircooled motor, and so on. I owned a warrior and liked it so I am not bashing it. Just getting ticked at dealers who pull this crap

You know you found a good dealer when he is willing to compare other bikes against his honestly. This quad is good for this, but if you like doing this maybe the other quad is the way to go.. Don't mind me I have been up since 3:30am:D :D :D :D

GOMER007
04-23-2003, 06:53 AM
the pred puts out 53hp at the crank and 45 at the wheel!!
most yamahuggy people think that yama is the only fast quad made

Derno24
04-23-2003, 08:27 AM
That's funny I watched one on the dyno just last week it had 38-39 hp at the rear wheel, NO MODS....

CHAUNCY
04-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
i love going into dealers knowing about a quad and liten to them spew all this bs at you..its so funny;)

Its always fun to do that:)

"BLAHH"300!!
04-23-2003, 12:52 PM
my dealer doesn't know "schizm" unless he can look it up on his pc...and i think they use service honda, i saw the schematics he's looking at...looks just like service honda, with jacked up prices

i asked him about sproket hub bolts yesterday...and this is for a honda 300 E X ? i..don't.. see.. any.....uhh...what year model is this bike..."
it's pothetic man..they charge 60 an hour for motor work...for some guy who know's very little, he's an assymbler, not an engine mechanic..he put's em together out of the box...the easy stuff..chassis stuff, and maybe some plasitc/seat stuff.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure the motor, and electrics are already on the bike when it arives..
now i have 2 choises on my engine builder...a back woods freinds dad...(he's acctually good..he's been recomended a bunch to me)
or drive 45 minute's to another town (talked to them today....they knew exactly what i was talking about, and even called me back to make sure he going to search for the correct parts for my riding style.

after the way he acted, i told him i also needed some other off the wall bullsid parts that don't exist...i think i asked for a rear axel for a grizzly, and a shaft for the 400ex or somethin'....

they keep NOTHING in stock...my freind had to wait 2 weeks for a set of STOCK tire's...shouldn't STOCK tire's be kept in STOCK?
..and yeah, they try and sell you the yamaha banshee and raptor everytime you go in there..
..RIDE RED dipshid.

it used to not be like that, they changed ownership recently..it's a man his wife and thier son, they kept the "assymbler" and the main sale's man for the floor...
the rear mechanics quit to open thier own buisiness at home, and it went under.....sux man....

sorry i had to vent too...

Rip_Tear
04-23-2003, 02:54 PM
It really makes you feel good though when you are smarter then the dealer... Like I was at the Yamaha dealer ship for some reason, and they guy was like Warrior is an awsome quad, lightweight etc... So I told him it was junk (well not really, but its not as good as he thought) and told him all its problems and he was just like, well..... and walked away... Dumb dealers really bother me!:mad:

QuadJunkies
04-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
It really makes you feel good though when you are smarter then the dealer... Like I was at the Yamaha dealer ship for some reason, and they guy was like Warrior is an awsome quad, lightweight etc... So I told him it was junk (well not really, but its not as good as he thought) and told him all its problems and he was just like, well..... and walked away... Dumb dealers really bother me!:mad: I nkow where you all are comin from on this one....:rolleyes: My dealrer didnt even know what a bolt pattern was!:eek: I had to call the maunfacturer myself...Its funny to see a dealer be totally clueless on what he is selling,then have a girl walk in and give him an education course...:o Our local dealer didnt even know they had mods out already for the Predator?:huh What idiots. dont they know more knowledge brings in more sales????

TRX250X
04-24-2003, 03:12 AM
I was at a local Suzuki dealer about a month ago and the salesman didn't know what a Honda 250R was. He was a middle-aged man who I figured had some knowledge about it, but not a clue. It was sad.

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by TRX250X
I was at a local Suzuki dealer about a month ago and the salesman didn't know what a Honda 250R was. He was a middle-aged man who I figured had some knowledge about it, but not a clue. It was sad. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME!!! What a moron...:confused2 :eek2: sheesh.. I need a career move and kick some of these uneducated dealers to the curb:o

JustRace
04-24-2003, 04:30 AM
Two or three weekends ago i went to a polaris dealership just to look at the Pred. The first salesman that came up to me was actually really cool. I was talking to him and he actually knew some things off the top of his head. So we were talking about some problems in my opinion about the pred, nothing serious though (just like the radiator and stuff being so exposed). He agreed with me and said other people complained about it too. So then he asked me about my 4-wheeler so we talked for a while. He seemed like a guy that actually knew something and I would consider doing business with.

Then about a half an hour later i came back inside to look at the pred again (I was with my dad he was dropping 500 dollars for stuff on his harley) and this other sales guy comes in and i told him the same thing i did the first salesman. He was like those radiators are tough, i have seen branches the size of my fist go right through them and not miss a beat. I was like WTF and told him that. So he actually started to get upset with me, so after that i just became a real *** and started to just actually say he doesn't know **** about racing and that is what the pred is for.

Man i still want to ride a pred though, sweet quad :D

speedy400
04-24-2003, 05:06 AM
Yeah, back in the day I asked a kawi dealer if he had any mojave's in stock, he literally said "I don't know what a mojave is"me and my dad had a good laugh and hung up the phone. stupid people.-darren

oldsandman
04-24-2003, 05:29 AM
Most of the salesmen out there are just that salesmen! they will tell you whatever they have on the floor is the best machine ever made. Most of the time you are lucky if they have read brouchres (sp) on their own product lineup. Their is no way they would spend any time reading up on the compitition it would just clutter their little minds. Besides it is harder to lie with a straight face when you are informed!

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Most of the salesmen out there are just that salesmen! they will tell you whatever they have on the floor is the best machine ever made. Most of the time you are lucky if they have read brouchres (sp) on their own product lineup. Their is no way they would spend any time reading up on the compitition it would just clutter their little minds. Besides it is harder to lie with a straight face when you are informed! boy .. You got a point there!!!:eek2: :p :o

Derno24
04-24-2003, 07:21 AM
I think what it really comes down to is that the pay for this job isn't that great so they bide their time till they get a new job. Most of the places by me have 1 long term guy and one or 2 guys that turn over frequently

AndrewRRR
04-24-2003, 07:31 AM
It's too bad they don't employ more people that are actually into the sport to work at the dealers. The last time I went to the local Honda dealer I told him I wanted a couple NGK BR8EV plugs. He got on his computer and said, "wait, what model is it for?". I had to explain to him I don't want stock plugs, I want BR8EV's. Idiots can't even look up parts!
I had to wait 2 months for my tranny gears because they first forgot to place the order, then ordered 89 gears (86 have a few differences), then they were backordered. grrrrrr...
Luckily Honda of St.Johns actually has a knowledgeable quad guy that works there. He's a 250r rider, and gives us a 20% discount, he says "us quad riders have to stick together" (the other guys there ride bikes)! Too bad they aren't all like that!

toby400ex
04-25-2003, 02:58 PM
Knowledgable Shopper: Dealer, does this unit come with high velocity exhaust bearings...

Dealer: Yes, yes it does. It really makes it pick up in the top end.

Shopper: Wow, I've heard they do help with the power.

Shopper: What about the Power Band?

Dealer: IT does have a top of the line RED Powerband installed straight from the factory.
:p

Brad
04-25-2003, 04:15 PM
i went to the dealership to buy some oil and a filter for my 300 and they tried to convince me that there ozark250 was faster than my 300. i jus nodded bought my stuff and walked away. they r so full of shat its funny and at the yamaha/kawisaki dealership when i was buying goggles and a helmet(better customer service) they tried to convince me that the kfx400 was faster than the z400 because i asked how they thought about the z400 and there like " i didnt like it that much, i though the kfx over here was faster" i was like oh yah ok and i left. those dealer guys/gals jus c if you know what your doin so they could make an easy sale so i dont give em credit and most of the time dont pay attention to em.