PDA

View Full Version : anyone have big plans for any trips this summer???

QuadJunkies
04-22-2003, 08:00 PM
I was just curious how many of you had riding trips planned for summer?Any of you meeting with other EXriders?:D If so, where....

Guy400
04-22-2003, 11:47 PM
No riding trips but I'm going on a cruise this December:D

killed300ex
04-23-2003, 12:11 AM
nopoe not a one just a couple of day trips prolly gotta work my ***** of so i can buy my new truck in the fall
killed

DESDAK4
04-23-2003, 01:02 AM
I might try and make it to Dunefest over in Oregon if I can get the leave. I may also try and get over to Idaho for some riding. It all depends on the Military and their plans for me this summer.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

04-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Well i"m leavin in the mornin,,,,headin ta west Virginia ta ride with a couple weirdo's off the webpage at the Hatfield McCoy trials and probably drink a beer while i'm there too..:scary:

Then 2 more rides later this year..big one in July from the 9th to the13th. And another one Sept 25th to the 28th...

And racing at a couple GNCC's should give me the chance to ride, meet, and drink with more members from the page..:D

SGA
04-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Rico, I sense a theme going on there, just cant put my finger on it.:D
I plan on being at the July Hatfield McCoy ride, and catching a gncc or two. Oh, a trip up to to the smokey mountains with the son this summer :)

fuddrucker
04-23-2003, 02:54 AM
I am headed out to Pismo Beach in California the week of July 7th.

dirtmomma
04-23-2003, 02:56 AM
In July we go to Wallace ID to the ATV Jamboree for a week, then we try to make it to the dunes (Or.) for a weekend but other than that we camp every weekend we're not racing & race every weekend we're not camping:D :D The son's 1st summer series flattrack is this Sat.(weather pending) it's a huge track, I'm not sure how big it is but it's probably a 6th gear WTO straightaway:eek2: :eek2: could be scary watching him at that one!!!!! Hope the Blasty can handle it:eek: I'm sure it can though. I'll post some pics if I get some. Hey QJ did ya see my fenders since I shaved them? They're up in the open forum somewhere let me know what ya think:)

JOEX
04-23-2003, 02:57 AM
Horsefall/Winchester Bay....July 11-14
Florence....August 24-28
And a few short trips in between:cool:

Joe

Honda4trax250x
04-23-2003, 04:11 AM
i will probably go upstate to my uncles cabin for some trail riding

hopefully:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
04-23-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by CBW
NOpe:(

dont ya feel sorry for me:p I do!!:( IC you like sand,why dont you bring yourself down and ride with us for our trip to St. A's in July? There will be a few other Exrider memebers going too...Anyones welcome to join us ...;) Dirtmomma~~ I did see the fenders ...looks good!:cool: Say, you are headed to the jemboree in July huh...What are the dates? You should swing by while your in Idaho:) DESDAK4~~ I wish I could make this years duinfest, I have been wanting to go ,but I think Ill make my vacation plas to the coast for a week next year and do it the week of sandfest, I miss the coast:(

QuadJunkies
04-23-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
In July we go to Wallace ID to the ATV Jamboree for a week, then we try to make it to the dunes (Or.) for a weekend but other than that we camp every weekend we're not racing & race every weekend we're not camping:D :D The son's 1st summer series flattrack is this Sat.(weather pending) it's a huge track, I'm not sure how big it is but it's probably a 6th gear WTO straightaway:eek2: :eek2: could be scary watching him at that one!!!!! Hope the Blasty can handle it:eek: I'm sure it can though. I'll post some pics if I get some. Hey QJ did ya see my fenders since I shaved them? They're up in the open forum somewhere let me know what ya think:) BTW... good luck to your sons and his first race!!:cool:

exriderdude
04-23-2003, 06:01 AM
just one:

we plan on going up Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan sometime this summer:cool:

QuAdRaCeR244
04-23-2003, 06:15 AM
i am having a friend from cali come out to Nebraska:)

flyin#5
04-23-2003, 06:22 AM
my plan is to go wherever the wind takes us:D lol but we are always riding in the summer. 24/7. cant wait untill this summer though! hopefully i will meet some more exriders too.

Glow Plug
04-23-2003, 06:26 AM
i'll be sitting on my *** feeling sorry for myself and wish i had a good quad to ride and people to ride with :(

dirtmomma
04-23-2003, 09:05 AM
Hey QJ well the dates are July 14-19 but aren't you on the other end of Idaho?? Wish we could come & see ya!!! Hell I think you guys ought to just come to Wallace for the weekend hehehe we'll do the rodeo together!!!! Thanks for the good lucks on the boys race, yeah I just found out the track is an 1/8 mile:eek2:

ThorChick
04-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Let's see, I think we're stil planning on coming over to Idaho in July, going to Dunefest in August, and probably taking at least one daytrip a week to Florence, Winchester Bay, or Coos Bay in between. Its great living this close to the dunes!!!:devil
Here's a pic to get you all in the mood for sand.....

ThorChick
04-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Let me try that again....

lil400exman
04-23-2003, 10:32 AM
this year tina i am hitting red bud kenworthy's and loretta lynns with my 250r................:devil pretty much this year is all going to be track and a few trips to haspin acers:eek2: :macho

Rider#11
04-23-2003, 10:45 AM
:eek2: im coming out to your moms..lol j/p but now your coming out to my place right quadjunkies?? or do i have to come to your place....lol

coryatver
04-23-2003, 11:27 AM
im planning on racing a couple cross country races, going to h/m and silver lake. And my crazy riding buddy thinks we are going to drive all the way to idaho to ride at st. anthonys. cause he wants to climb that big dune. but thats pretty far! :eek:

Dune Surfer
04-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Lets see,
St a's in july, Mammoth lakes, Pismo, Glamis night riding, Little sahara, Lake arrowhead, Who knows, Ill ride all over all summer:D

Nausty
04-23-2003, 03:06 PM
my only plans are to ride a lot, sleep a lot and party a lot. I dunno about trips. I think i'm going to Tenesee(spel?) and maybe Arizona.

1fast400ex
04-23-2003, 03:11 PM
going to wv the end of may to rolling thunder drag race. spring nationals $25.000 dollar purse.

lil400exman
04-23-2003, 03:19 PM
well in west virginia pal u only need 200 buks there and u can plan ur famalies futre but 25 dollars will get u new mobile home with a nascar flag of ur choice.................:devil :eek:

MOUSE
04-23-2003, 03:26 PM
going out to reno nevada june 1 through the 15 for a wedding im giving a way one of my best friends :huh :confused2

Foxyangel0425
04-23-2003, 03:40 PM
All we have planned is a lot of days at the drag strip, going to Indy for the NHRA drags and some riding in between...

speedy400
04-23-2003, 03:52 PM
In 8 days me and my friend are going down to the BADLANDS in Indiana! cant wait!!!-darren

04-23-2003, 04:56 PM
hmmmm Idaho maybe :D :cool:

batgeek
04-23-2003, 05:04 PM
just did our trip out to Little Sahara OK. was a great vacation, but we missed the Snake Hunt weekend by a couple of weeks :(

QuadJunkies
04-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
hmmmm Idaho maybe :D :cool: you serious??:eek: that would be very cool!!! Rider #11, come n out you know your welcome anytime;)come out a day early..Ill throw us a BIg party the night before at my place... .....WOW> sounds like alot of you have awesome plans for summer!!:cool: :D Dunesurfer, Have you made your reservations yet?I think Ill be making mine the beginning of May......

TIGER72
04-23-2003, 07:27 PM
I AM TAKING MY FIRST TRIP TO LITTLE SAHARA MEMORIAL DAY WEEK-END. I CAN'T WAIT!!! OTHER THAN THAT, JUST LOCAL TRAIL RIDING WITH MY BUDS!!!

04-24-2003, 08:16 AM
;) ;)

Dune Surfer
04-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Quadjunkies,
I havn't made reservations yet. I still have time. I'm trying to talk one of my riding buddies into coming with. I have also applied to a couple of companies for a new job. So I'm going to need to wait a little bit. Even if I land a new job I'm going to ask for the time off going in. I'm really looking forward to riding St A's. So I'll do everything I can to make it. I'm hoping a bunch of EXriders can make it.

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Quadjunkies,
I havn't made reservations yet. I still have time. I'm trying to talk one of my riding buddies into coming with. I have also applied to a couple of companies for a new job. So I'm going to need to wait a little bit. Even if I land a new job I'm going to ask for the time off going in. I'm really looking forward to riding St A's. So I'll do everything I can to make it. I'm hoping a bunch of EXriders can make it. It would be cool to gather a bunch of us out here in Idaho.Would make one heck of a video!:blah well, cross your fingers, but its lookin pretty good that I might be able to attend the hatfield/mccoy ride in Sept:D I was offered free airline tickets if I wanted to fly out to ride(not written in stone,just mentioned as an option for me) ..Ill just have to play that one by ear and do some butt kissin with the ole boss:o Dune Surfer, good lcuk with a new job:cool: ,and I hope you can still make it out, Im looking forward to meeting you...;)

JOEX
04-24-2003, 03:50 PM
QuadJunkies,
Are you planning any other trips to St. A this year? I already had plans in place for the July trip everyone is going on:( and I really want to get out there. Maybe next year?

Joe

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
QuadJunkies,
Are you planning any other trips to St. A this year? I already had plans in place for the July trip everyone is going on:( and I really want to get out there. Maybe next year?

Joe JOEX, sorry, but this will be our only trip up this year:( We took two last year cause the weather was so crappy the firsttrip andthe kids count get around out there,its just too hard for them to get around out there.... But if you want to next year,we will make plans if you want when the time gets closer..Maybe you could be my tour guide when I come to Ore. next year?:D I sure miss it down there...

Rider#11
04-24-2003, 04:14 PM
quadjunies.. you know we will have some fun:devil :devil .....but...hmmm..hey i havnt talked to you in a lil while on aim...well have to make some plans:devil :bandit:

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Rider#11
quadjunies.. you know we will have some fun:devil :devil .....but...hmmm..hey i havnt talked to you in a lil while on aim...well have to make some plans:devil :bandit: :eek: :p :eek2: :o

JOEX
04-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
JOEX, sorry, but this will be our only trip up this year:( We took two last year cause the weather was so crappy the firsttrip andthe kids count get around out there,its just too hard for them to get around out there.... But if you want to next year,we will make plans if you want when the time gets closer..Maybe you could be my tour guide when I come to Ore. next year?:D I sure miss it down there...
No worries:) I'm still trying to talk my buddies into going over there, they all have families and it's a long trip, especially with kids:eek: . Maybe i'll take a long weekend off and cruise out there anyway;)
I'd gladly be your tour guide:D

Joe

300exTJjeeper
04-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Ahh Summer,
Well I be moving cross crounty to Fredericksburg, Virgina in the middle of July. For a permanet stay over there. It should be fun, already meet a few exriders from over there, got there names, I'll be sure to hit them up as soon as pull in. Can't wait to hit the trails over,

whooooooohoooooooo

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 300exTJjeeper
Ahh Summer,
Well I be moving cross crounty to Fredericksburg, Virgina in the middle of July. For a permanet stay over there. It should be fun, already meet a few exriders from over there, got there names, I'll be sure to hit them up as soon as pull in. Can't wait to hit the trails over,

whooooooohoooooooo WOW>:eek: thats gonna be a BIG change from So. cali:huh good luck:) I give you a week and you will miss the dunes;) :p

300exTJjeeper
04-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Shhhhhhhh

I am already missing the dunes, trying to go as often as I can.

ahhhhhhhh

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Shhhhhhhh

I am already missing the dunes, trying to go as often as I can.

ahhhhhhhh why the big move?

300exTJjeeper
04-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Making the move because I got a good job offer over there. Plus

They got a ITT over there so I'll be transferring schools, plus my sister lives there, so it all worked out.

THe bad part I just bought paddles like a couple months ago, ohh ya you'll be seeing them in the for sale section when it's time

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Making the move because I got a good job offer over there. Plus

They got a ITT over there so I'll be transferring schools, plus my sister lives there, so it all worked out.

THe bad part I just bought paddles like a couple months ago, ohh ya you'll be seeing them in the for sale section when it's time what kind of paddles you got? you sellin with a rim too? I may need an wxtra pair for my 400ex.Let me know;)

JTRtrx250r
04-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the good lucks on the boys race, yeah I just found out the track is an 1/8 mile:eek2: My guess's would be Hannagen,Raineir, or Castle Rock.......:D quite a bit different than the local indoor short-tarckin,you guys are gonna love any of these tracks,you guys ever run Elma?Its like Monroe but w/ clay;) good luck to the lil ripper!!:cool:

dirtmomma
04-25-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
My guess's would be Hannagen,Raineir, or Castle Rock.......:D quite a bit different than the local indoor short-tarckin,you guys are gonna love any of these tracks,you guys ever run Elma?Its like Monroe but w/ clay;) good luck to the lil ripper!!:cool:

YEP it's Hannegen we're going to on Sat. (weather permitting), we went to Rainier last year once & oh yeah the kid LOVED the track!!! I really want to check out Castle Rock but we'll have to see how the schedule is!!!!!! As far as Elma goes nope, my brothers run thier bikes there, but we haven't made it yet it's another one we'll have to see about. You gonna be at any races??

300exTJjeeper
04-25-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
what kind of paddles you got? you sellin with a rim too? I may need an wxtra pair for my 400ex.Let me know;)

THere Sand Sharks 20x10x8, the rims are .160 and not even a scrath on them. I'll be heading up to Glamis a couple more times and then calling it quits.
If your intrested I can save them for you when I'm done and get back in contact with you.

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 05:43 AM
THere Sand Sharks 20x10x8, the rims are .160 and not even a scrath on them. I'll be heading up to Glamis a couple more times and then calling it quits.
If your intrested I can save them for you when I'm done and get back in contact with you. hmmm. I would love a play tire too, but Im really needing a Hauler for here, when ya leaving again? If I have the funds before hand maybe. PM the price and any pics you have of them too:)

airheadedduner
04-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Florence, OR. The same week that will be the anaversity(SP?) of my big crash last year, i'm scared:(
Well I guess that is still pending, I need to get my $(%($*!!!ing R running again:mad:

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Florence, OR. The same week that will be the anaversity(SP?) of my big crash last year, i'm scared:(
Well I guess that is still pending, I need to get my $(%($*!!!ing R running again:mad: I know the feelin!! I bit it pretty good last year this time when I was at the dunes... Makes youy have flashbacks!:eek: I now have a fear of riding the rim on sand bowls..:( All I can say is learn what NOT to do next time and go have some fun........;)

04-25-2003, 07:40 AM
I'm gonna try and hit a few champunship coon hunts. I want to try and make Red a Grand Night Champion this year. He's gonna have to learn to quit treeing those lousy possums, though. Quadjunkies, I've never ridden in the dunes, but it sounds like a real nee slapper. Maybe if the economy gets better and gas gets cheaper I can come out that way and ride for a few days hopefully Bush gets things laid out right and things turn around for the better but I dont know if I can take that much time off this summer what is the best time of year to go ridingg out there anyway? I would also like to make it to one of those Hatfeld McCoy rides with Rico and all them guys that go with him, but it is a long ways to there too and I might get alittle nervus being the only woman in the campsite. Some of them fellas seem like the pervert type. I guess I would have to sleep with Black Betty under the pillow. Is there any mud in the dunes? Or just sand? Prolly just sand I'm guessing. Oh, well, I guess I see how things are in a few months.

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by froggigginmama
I'm gonna try and hit a few champunship coon hunts. I want to try and make Red a Grand Night Champion this year. He's gonna have to learn to quit treeing those lousy possums, though. Quadjunkies, I've never ridden in the dunes, but it sounds like a real nee slapper. Maybe if the economy gets better and gas gets cheaper I can come out that way and ride for a few days hopefully Bush gets things laid out right and things turn around for the better but I dont know if I can take that much time off this summer what is the best time of year to go ridingg out there anyway? I would also like to make it to one of those Hatfeld McCoy rides with Rico and all them guys that go with him, but it is a long ways to there too and I might get alittle nervus being the only woman in the campsite. Some of them fellas seem like the pervert type. I guess I would have to sleep with Black Betty under the pillow. Is there any mud in the dunes? Or just sand? Prolly just sand I'm guessing. Oh, well, I guess I see how things are in a few months. Sounds good, let me know. Im going to be posting a roll call here in about a week or two in the dunes section for all who is interested ...:)

JTRtrx250r
04-25-2003, 01:09 PM
YEP it's Hannegen we're going to on Sat. (weather permitting), we went to Rainier last year once & oh yeah the kid LOVED the track!!! I really want to check out Castle Rock but we'll have to see how the schedule is!!!!!! As far as Elma goes nope, my brothers run thier bikes there, but we haven't made it yet it's another one we'll have to see about. You gonna be at any races?? I might make a few races this summer,it looks like all the flattrack is on Saturdays and this yr the mx is Sundays,that could be good,maybe I can do both on certain weekends(if the wallet and body permit,lol)good luck and have fun at Hannagen,both tracks sure are sweet!!;)

Porkchop
04-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Gonna do alot of trail riding and try getting down to the dunes a couple times to rip up some sand with out4sand, and in August some buddy's from school and I are planning a trip down to Dune Fest which should be a blast :D

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop
Gonna do alot of trail riding and try getting down to the dunes a couple times to rip up some sand with out4sand, and in August some buddy's from school and I are planning a trip down to Dune Fest which should be a blast :D I heard that out4sand my be out this summer, let me know if you plan on coming out the same week we are,and Ill meet ya up there:cool: