04-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Pilot=38
Main=148
needle=clip in the middle slot

Welcome to exriders:)

Joe

Phat2000400
04-23-2003, 12:39 AM
I was going to post a thread about this same ? when I saw this one so I'll just ask my ? on here. I'm getting a White Bros. E Series full exhaust and K&N filter on Thurs. I was wondering what jets might work best with this stuff. I was also wondering if in order to remove my air box lid, I need to have the precharger for the filter or will I be alright in the meantime without. Thanks for any help anyone may give with this.

RAPTORAZ
04-23-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Phat2000400
I was going to post a thread about this same ? when I saw this one so I'll just ask my ? on here. I'm getting a White Bros. E Series full exhaust and K&N filter on Thurs. I was wondering what jets might work best with this stuff. I was also wondering if in order to remove my air box lid, I need to have the precharger for the filter or will I be alright in the meantime without. Thanks for any help anyone may give with this.

I'd start out with a 165 main, 42 pilot, needle moved up one notch, and no airbox lid. That should get you real close. Assuming you're anywhere near sea-level.

gasit400
04-23-2003, 05:22 AM
i sent the quad to a shop to have it rejetted due to a lack of time to do it myself and i tore it apart yesterday and found the needle on the 3rd notch and a 142 mainjet in it.

airheadedduner
04-23-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by RAPTORAZ
I'd start out with a 165 main, 42 pilot, needle moved up one notch, and no airbox lid.
Moving the clip up one notch is leaning it out. I would leave it.

Doibugu2
04-23-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by gasit400
i sent the quad to a shop to have it rejetted due to a lack of time to do it myself and i tore it apart yesterday and found the needle on the 3rd notch and a 142 mainjet in it.

When I redid mine when I got the dynojet kit, that what I changed mine to.

Honda jets the crab at one setting for the country. You and I are almost at sea level, so with the 148 we were a tad rich. He just leaned it out a bit for you. You should notice a little better throttle response, I did at least.

Phat2000400
04-23-2003, 09:33 AM
I will probably end up with a Dynojet kit cause that seems to be what all the dealers sell around here. So with that, aren't the dynojet sizes different than all the others? Like say a normal 165 main and 42 pilot, what numbers might that be with the dynojet kit? Thanks

gasit400
04-23-2003, 11:18 AM
i meant i moved the needle up one notch. the reason i ask this is my pipe is geting really hot. the pipe is turning bronze all the way back to the silencer. even the megaphone is turning. also did anyone have any problems with their brake lines being too close to the exhaust with this kit? the clutch lever on the side of the case seems to be too close also.

RAPTORAZ
04-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Moving the clip up one notch is leaning it out. I would leave it.

Read it again. I said move the needle up one notch. Not the clip.