PDA

View Full Version : newbie ?'s

slow4ex
04-22-2003, 02:42 PM
ok well first off, im new to the 400ex. second i've been reading as much on this site as humanly possible for over a week, the site and the people are kick ***. i've gutted the stock muffler, grinded the welds on the head pipe, opened up the air box, took the choke off. everthing went as planned, now to put it all back together, anyway, on to the point, jets? i baught a 42 pilot, 155 and a 158 keihin(spell?) jets. do you guys think thats big enough or should i go up some more. what do i do about the needle how do you adjust that, just push it up or down, or remove clips or what (didn't really understand the posts on needles). i haven't put it back together yet just thought i would put my first post up, and ask your opinion!?!?!?
thanks a lot in advance
andy

slow4ex
04-22-2003, 02:47 PM
oh yeah, i forgot, put a 14 front sprocket on. my dad(Z400) couldn't pull me out of the corners any more, haha!!
anyway any help would be great
andy

ridered86
04-22-2003, 02:50 PM
id say do a search, and see what you can dig up, jetting posts come up all the time. jetting depends on alot though from elevation to temperature. i couldnt tell ya what to run but i can tell ya to just play around with them until you get it right, i think a 158 masin would be big enough though, hope this has helped:)

and welcome to this sight but i do warn you, it will be very addicting and you may want to quit if you experience any of the following symptoms,
-poor grades
-being tired in the morning
-your eyes burning from looking at the monitor
c-rapping your pants, because the thread your reading is just to damn thrilling.

:blah

slow4ex
04-22-2003, 02:55 PM
i'm already there, owned my bike a week and have done all the free mods i could find. my eyes are burning right now, haven't **** myself yet, but i'm sure it's just a matter of time.haha.
andy

Brad
04-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ridered86

but i do warn you, it will be very addicting and you may want to quit if you experience any of the following symptoms,
-poor grades
-being tired in the morning
-your eyes burning from looking at the monitor
c-rapping your pants, because the thread your reading is just to damn thrilling.

:blah

my eyes hurt:eek2: and all i do in school is g on exriders.com i get in trouble alot for it

coryatver
04-22-2003, 04:01 PM
you probley need a 155 main jet. to check it run it and pull out the plug and look at it. Or ride it and you should be able to tell if it is running rich.