PDA

View Full Version : Hipper Rims

MillerTime
04-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Anybody on here having truble with these rims, I can get the front to seal fine, the rears the dam things won't hold any air. I'v tride every thing in the book to try and get these things to seal. its enough to piss a guy off:mad: they leak around the inside seal doesn't matter what torque spec I put it at I've evan broke a bolt in the rim, I've tried gooping the beed, the rims are on brand new Maxxis tires, anybody got any fixes for these things, I'm about ready to send them back. for the money I payed for these things I should be able bolt and go.

ridered86
04-22-2003, 02:44 PM
maybe there cracked:confused: although i dont know anything about them.

how bout a free bump.:)

Ex'r Marlin
04-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Are there 2 rubber gaskets on the middle aluminum hub? One on each side that mounts to the Carbon Fiber rim?:confused:

Keep us posted!

Derno24
04-22-2003, 03:21 PM
I think the newer version doesn't have the rubber gasket. If it is the older version ca hiper ask them what to do. They may surprise you.

Ex'r Marlin
04-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
I think the newer version doesn't have the rubber gasket
I don't have the newer Tech 3's... But I would think there would need to be something between the Carbon Fiber wheel and the aluminum hub to hold the air in.

My Tech 2 rears have a wide rubber gasket on each side of the aluminum hub.

bradley300
04-22-2003, 03:50 PM
if there is any excess rubber on the insides of the bead, shave them off with a razor blade.hope this helps

yz250
04-22-2003, 11:21 PM
If u cant get them to seal and they r leaking on the inside bolts take them apart and see if u have a pinched Oring.Theywill send u another set of O rings,They r pretty good guys over their at Hiper

MillerTime
04-23-2003, 01:23 AM
I have the tech 3, there is no o ring gasket that goes around the beed ring, the thing I'm finding out on the ring is there are 3 little bosses on beed side, that prevent from sealing all the way, and that is were it is leaking from. So far the company has been greate to work with, they are trying to find out what the problems is, They will be giving me a call this afternoon to discuss what the problem I'm having, and I'll keep you guys posted on what the out come is.

vtwoodsrider
04-23-2003, 04:55 AM
those are for the lexan covers. i am not sure why your leak mine dont at all. did you seat the bead when you mounted them. i put wd 40 all over the inside and outside of the beads the bolted the outer rings on and then inflated the tires till they were rock hard then bounced them on the floor for a while, then i brought them down to 6lbs and they hold air just fine.

Bart
04-23-2003, 04:58 AM
Millertime,

Just curious what size wheels you are having problems with. I got my new 9x9" dual beadlock rears to hold air no problem. My 8x8" dual beadlock rears are another story. Had them together and apart several times and cannot get them to stop leaking.

vtwoodsrider
04-23-2003, 07:25 AM
mine are the new 8x8's and work just fine

MillerTime
04-23-2003, 08:35 AM
just got off the phone with one of the engineers he suggest to first make sure the inner part of the rim is tighten down good, and if that don't work check the inner o ring, to make sure it is not kinked, these guys are great they stand by there product 100%, they said if this don't work they are going to send me new rims, or I can send them the rims with the tires on them and they will decide what the problem is, if the tire is the problem they will by me new tires, I can't say enogh about this company other than World Class.
these are the 9x9's the engineers also mentioned that there have been a couple of incidens where the center bolts wern't torqued down right.