PDA

View Full Version : Haspin Acres 4/19

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Me, Braff1, Jesshamner, tclapp and some others hit up Haspin Acres last Saturday. Good day of riding. Here's the pretty pictures:

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Jess no-footer on the track. He busted one with much better extension before I got the camera out

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:50 AM
Jess - another no-footer. Resizing killed the detail of the pics :(

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:52 AM
Jess again - Nice no-hander. And this is bone stock suspension.

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Jess and crew takin a break at the trucks

CHAUNCY
04-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Looks like a fun day of riding:cool:

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Me jumping over a wash out. When you're 260lbs and have stock suspension - this is big air.

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Braff1 over the same jump

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Nasty hill at Haspin not many quads mess with because of the rocks. That's a buggy at the bottom getting ready to run it

remlapr
04-22-2003, 10:59 AM
tclapp on his Z, and crew takin a break

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Time to hit the hills. That's Braff1 going up and me going down.

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Me climbing up the other side

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Jess climbing

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:04 AM
tclapp comin back down

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:06 AM
This hill aint no joke. That's Jess just trying to walk down it.

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:07 AM
tclapp getting saved. This is why you should spot when climbin serious hills. If they hadn't been there it could have been stat flight time - there aint nothin but a rock bed at the bottom

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Last one. tclapp's second run at it, he made it this time :D. The pics don't show how steep that sucker was.

tclapp
04-22-2003, 11:23 AM
remalpr, thanks for posting those pics, had to get the one of the Z gettin stuck in middle of the hill the first time though didnt ya ;) :D its understandable this is Exriders not zcentral :) but those pics are really clear and the pic of jess walking that hill really shows how steep it was so it doenst look so bad that i got stuck on it the first time up:devil

remlapr
04-22-2003, 11:38 AM
It's all good - you made it the second time. I wasn't about to even try that sucka. I think the dry creek bed at the bottom is what makes it really bad, because if you roll you are going to end up between your quad and solid rock 40ft below. Last time we where there I took this route just to get out of the creek and that first section was serious steep.

tclapp
04-22-2003, 11:42 AM
You are tellin me, that is why i didnt make it the first time cuz i lost so much momentium on that first step, brading shot up it nice teh first time, he hit it a lot harder then i did the first time, but u could have made it, nxt time we go ull have to try it:D

tclapp
04-22-2003, 11:45 AM
I think that is one of the biggest hills i have every climbed if not the biggest:eek2:

CHAUNCY
04-22-2003, 11:53 AM
That hill looks really steep and it sounds like its a hard one to climb becuase you loose momentum

jesshamner
04-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Nice pics remlapr. I didn't realize you took so many. I had my digi cam but I didn't have anywhere to keep it. I'll try to take some next time.

tclapp
04-22-2003, 11:56 AM
worst of all about that hill was the fact that there was only about a 10-15 ft run before u hit the hill and the approach was in a creek bed:ermm:

remlapr
04-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Here is the same pic, but I croped it down low so you can see what the creek bed looks like. This is what is waiting for you at the bottom if the flip :eek: You can't get any run because of the creek bed, you just have to roll up to the bottom, make sure it's in first and punch it.

tclapp
04-22-2003, 12:06 PM
wow, that pic really shows the creek bed and the approach, your digi takes really nice clearn pics when u post them on here, who else climbed that hill last time besides scottie?

remlapr
04-22-2003, 12:31 PM
They actually look bad to me. You should see the full size pics. I sent you a PM ;) . Scottie and Jimmy(rides a Banshee) climbed it last time and there was about another foot of water in the creek and the hill was way muddier:eek: Scottie is a damn good rider, probably the best I've ridden with. The dale he rides with Elkas all the way around down hurt either though.

remlapr
04-22-2003, 12:36 PM
What did you guys think of the jump me braff went back too. I was fun - it threw you up just right. Some kid on a Z was coming down the trail and saw Braff hit it and he just cut over and hit it about 3/4 third gear without even looking at it first. We were only jumping out about 12-15 feet. This kid flew about 30 feet, land front tires first and almost flew off the trail and down a hill. It scared him big time.

tclapp
04-22-2003, 12:41 PM
it looks like a really good jump, one of the guys that went with us Ryan, other yellow ex has a jump in his woods that u have to jump across the creek it looked a lot like that jump, i sent u a PM with my email addy, either way i couldnt have jumped it cuz i was not even suppose to be riding cuz i have 3 fractures in my wrist :D but cant keep me off my quad

jesshamner
04-22-2003, 12:41 PM
I kinda wished we went back with you. I didn't know that you all were going back. I just thought you all had to go to the restroom or something. Did we go by that while we were on the trails? I kinda wanted to go back to that big dirt hill. It wasn't too steep but it looked fast and a nice little jump off the lip at the top.

Originally posted by remlapr
What did you guys think of the jump me braff went back too. I was fun - it threw you up just right. Some kid on a Z was coming down the trail and saw Braff hit it and he just cut over and hit it about 3/4 third gear without even looking at it first. We were only jumping out about 12-15 feet. This kid flew about 30 feet, land front tires first and almost flew off the trail and down a hill. It scared him big time.

remlapr
04-22-2003, 05:04 PM
bump - geez, people post a picture of a new sticker they just bought for their quad and get more love than this??

Braff1
04-22-2003, 08:47 PM
Those pic do not give that hill any credit to how steep it actually is. You have about a 10 foot run in the creek to build up any speed, after that it is just clutch and gas in the right porportions. I think if you just tried to run WFO you would deffinately be rollin.

Dan

tclapp
04-23-2003, 04:07 AM
remlapr you arent kiding we are gettin no love

jesshamner
04-23-2003, 04:36 AM
bump

ranger400ex
04-23-2003, 05:51 AM
That is one of the areas/hills that are in the HS races there, just come down one side wide open, and pray you make it to the top. kinda a good run unless it is really muddy the hills turn to ice patches.

ben

remlapr
04-23-2003, 12:39 PM
Man I can't believe that would be part of the Hairscramble?? But as far as routing around the outside of the riding area it would make sense. I've been thinking about try to run one of the HS's up there this year, but flying up that hill with other quads right in front and behind me?? :confused2

tclapp
04-23-2003, 01:01 PM
i can already picture how that hill would go wiht a buncha hills tring to hit it at one tiem that coudl be nasty cuz not realizing the size of that hill adn just hitting it if there were a bunch of other guys behind u u could wind up on top of all them and that would be one nasty mess

ranger400ex
04-24-2003, 04:17 AM
And that is exactly what happens, my strategy is pin it and pray.

Ben

250EXstud
04-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Hey i was there 2 weekends ago but i didn't get any pics. I am racing next weeked there. Its a cool place. Yeah that one hill is the devils backbone. No one trys it. That is a nasty hill you guys were on.

04-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Nice pics guys.. I'm definitly gonna make a trip up there later this year and make a 2 day ride of it...

-=Skot=-
04-28-2003, 03:28 PM
awesome pics man, that looks like a hell of a hill.

Yellow Nuts
04-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Yo, Its Garrett From LBL i was riding the 250X with babs and them when you gonna Post the pics, brads wnating to see them l0l.:cool:

marksuttonjr
05-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Looks a lot better than it was when I went last month..
Is Pic. #7 Devils Backbone??? It looks like it is. I have a few pics of me climbing it on my Rancher. I would post them, but I took my helmet off and drank a beer rite before I went down so they would get deleated because of the no helmet rule. I also have a few pics of a Warrior tumbling back down, and a pic of a Rancher sitting on the roof of that car.

tclapp
05-01-2003, 11:39 AM
i tihnk pic # 7 is not sure i know that the last couple pics are of devils backbone the ones of the white z goin up are, u are from loogoote, how old are u?

tclapp
05-01-2003, 11:40 AM
no # 7 isnt devils back its jus a rocky hill

marksuttonjr
05-01-2003, 11:45 AM
I guess that I should have read all posts before I posted instead of only the 1st page..
I love climbing hills like that. They are so fun. You can't beat the adrinalin rush you get when you climnb a hill that nobody else has the b@##$ to climb. Of course I was on a 4X4. I wouldn't dream of trying it on my R yet, but maybe after I get a liytle more experience on it I'll start climbing everything in sight like I do on the Rancher.

tclapp
05-01-2003, 12:14 PM
do you know kevin lannan,or andrew kluesner i go to school with both of them and are friends with both, i know that andrew (dru) rides a 300ex, just wonderin if you knew either of them or rode with andrew

marksuttonjr
05-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by tclapp
do you know kevin lannan,or andrew kluesner i go to school with both of them and are friends with both, i know that andrew (dru) rides a 300ex, just wonderin if you knew either of them or rode with andrew

I know who they are. I graduated High school with Kevins older brother and Andrews older sister back in 1997 so I'm a few years older than them. I think that they both graduated high school with my younger sister in 2000. I've seen andrew riding his 300 several times near a farm that I cut hay on.

tclapp
05-01-2003, 02:27 PM
thats cool, me and dru are supose to get together this summer and ride, maybe u could go with us

05-01-2003, 02:43 PM
that hill looks steep as hell. sweet pics:cool:

marksuttonjr
05-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by tclapp
thats cool, me and dru are supose to get together this summer and ride, maybe u could go with us

sounds good to me. I'm almost always ready to ride. Just let me know when & where and I'll be there if I'm not working or something like that.

tclapp
05-02-2003, 04:09 AM
will do we are plannin on goin to spuregon some time soon

tclapp
05-02-2003, 04:16 AM
o and Dru graduated in 2001 and kev graduated in 02 with me, so i am sure they know ure sis but they didnt graduate with her

marksuttonjr
05-02-2003, 07:23 AM
Thats cool.. I knew it was sometime close to when she graduated.

remlapr
05-05-2003, 10:56 AM
tclapp - #7 is devils backbone. The one you climbed doesn't have a name that I know of - probably needs one though. I would love to see the pic of the rancher up on that old car, that would be sweet.

Oh - and for the pics from the LBL trip check kentuckyriders.com.

marksuttonjr
05-06-2003, 02:03 AM
I'll see if I can get it and e-mail it to you. I thaught that I had it but another guy in the group must still have it because I can't find it. It would be a waste posting it because the rider isn't werarin a helmet. It was my sisters ex boyfriend on a 2 wheel drive Rancher. I didn't try it on my 4X4. I think that he alkso has a pic of both our Ranchers sitting on the car at the bottom over by the fence, but I'm not sure. The best pics we had of the entire trip were of the guy tumbling back down on a Warrior. That guy wasn't very smart, I told him after he rolled the 1st time that he needed to straddle the rock that flipped him, but he didn't listen and tried to go over it 3 more times without doing it my way. NOT SMART AT ALL IF YOU ASK ME....

I'll PM you when I find out who has our pics. Then I'll e-mail them to whjatever e-mail address you want them sent to.

All of your pics look like it was a lot nicer than when we went. It was so bad then that even the shower house and rest rooms had several inches of mud on them. I'll have to go back sometime after seeing your pics. I wasn't even thinking about going back after it being so nasty for my trip there.

Jennys440'Dale
05-06-2003, 02:59 AM
In pic #13, I cannot believe you climbed that! I've seen that hill and it is crazy!! I've seen a Warrior almost make it up, but sure enough he came tumbling back down. Wasn't a pretty sight.

Looking at those pics makes me wish I could get up there soon. I love that place.

joshyz125
05-26-2003, 07:43 AM
The backbone isn't hard to do. On a quad any ways, one rocky lip you have to get over, but it's pretty close to the bottom. You get over that, you'll get up there hill.

the big motocross track is cool, wide open the entire track. I'm glad they filled in that table top though, Alot of people got hurt on it. They need to put a little bigger jumps in a few places, but nothing huge.

that hill your talking about in the number 7 picture i believe it was, me and a few friends took a festiva down that hill, talk about an interesting ride.
do you guys know who pete is ((i believe that his name)) he's the guy that drives around the utility quad checking tickets in the mornings? he wasn't to happy when he seen us with that festiva down there, with good reason of course, stupid people take cars in there and dump them or set them on fire.