PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild Update.

"BLAHH"300!!
04-22-2003, 10:41 AM
You prolly already know, but i'm doing a frame up rebuild on my 300ex...why a 300ex?....why not...

i picked up my frame and stuff from the body shop today.
ahh man it's nice....i got home for maybe an hour, and the UPS truck pull's up....i got so excited i peeed in my pant.....?...

SILVER..maier plastic
BLUE.....ceet cover
BLUE.....tusk bars
BLUE.....swngarm, lower arms, battery housing, m-mounts hubs
WHITE...frame, front brake mud guard..(metal with hole's behind
.............front rims on a 300..400's don't have em' i don't think

i ordered the TuSK bars, becouse they were in the scratch n dent,
at rickymountian only $6.00 for honda atv bend....i figure, if i have a wreck i'd rather my bars bend than my stem, and hey...6 bux...i shoulda bought 2 set's.....and the only scratch's on em, are the one's i put on em while installing. (bar clamps)

i still need my motor. and to order the following parts ::
ALL AROUND CAM
315 KIT
REAR TIRE'S
CHAIN
SPROKET'S
FST OIL COOLER..(might get the one at auto zone)
FIBE INDUS, 250R hood scoop
'LUMINUM AIR SCOOPS
'LUMINUM AIR BOX

some of that i don't NEED right away, but if i order things in that order then i'll be streight....oh yeah, i gatta get a digicam, to show this thing off......it's tight man, i love it.....exactly what i had in mind,
i got a question...on the A/C/ mud screen f/bumper's, can i buy a white number plate, put it on over the mud screen, then take something and punch out all the hole's, then put my number over that, and punch out those holes...would the be enugh room for the number "15"
plue i'll be adding white number plates with "15" on the rear fenders too.
....i've added all my stickers, on the rear fenders, lined up to look nice of the front part of the rear fenders, and 2 round WORKS stickrs at the corner of the rear (not that you care, but...)

KrazyKid300ex
04-22-2003, 11:10 AM
WHERE are you getting an Aluminum air box?

"BLAHH"300!!
04-22-2003, 12:31 PM
...not sure yet.
people on this site used to make them for all honda bike's, but i can't find him.
i''ve worked with sheet metal off and on over the years, and have a riding buddy who is a wiz at folding it.
i might get him to do it, if we can find someone to let us use a brake.

jay's 300
04-22-2003, 12:37 PM
Sounds nice! Get some pics! I like my T-7's especially for the money, good looking set of bars! :muscle:

"BLAHH"300!!
04-22-2003, 12:43 PM
....mine were supposed to be white, but they sent blue.
kinda glad they did....
i'm thinkin' hard about replacing the tusk bar pad with a blue, maybe yellow, or green renthal pad....
honestly....who's ganna know other wise...you and i will couse we know our $4!t...but not the people i ride with.