PDA

View Full Version : getting back inshape

tom400ex
04-22-2003, 07:48 AM
What does everybody do to get back into shape for riding.
I've been riding this winter but definatly not as hard as I've been riding these past few weekends... Man do i get sore on monday morning. And when I'm riding I get arm pump so bad my arms feel like popeye and my thumb wants to fall off! Then it usually starts messing up my riding skills cause I can bent my fingers...
This has never bothered me bofore or maybe I'm starting to ride harder and without stopping and B.S.ing so much:devil

SGA
04-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Just the usual stuff. situps, pushups, watching what you eat, riding the bike, jogging. Starting to work on this stuff myself, been lazy, thats for sure. Use a hand exerciser for arm pump, or the ole broom handle with a cord tied to it and a weight tied to the other end. hold it like handlebars, and roll the weight up and down.

monkeyboy
04-22-2003, 08:17 AM
jus dew dis>>>>:muscle:

Tech-D
04-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Tae Kwon Do & Soon Aerobic Kickboxing (What a cardio workout). :D

SGA
04-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Tech-D
Tae Kwon Do & Soon Aerobic Kickboxing (What a cardio workout). :D
Tell me about it! I used to do that up until 2 years ago. Our system used most the art styles. Safe relaxed distance, to Kicking distance, to hand to hand distance, to grappling. I would really almost faint after a 5-10 minute sparring match. Down on the floor, sucking air afterwards. God I loved it!
Kinda reminds me of my dating years:D

zephead400ex
04-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Just the usual stuff. situps, pushups, watching what you eat, riding the bike, jogging. Starting to work on this stuff myself, been lazy, thats for sure. Use a hand exerciser for arm pump, or the ole broom handle with a cord tied to it and a weight tied to the other end. hold it like handlebars, and roll the weight up and down.

When I am bored at home or at work or wherever I am, circumstances allowing, I will just drop and do 50 pushups, for the lack of anything else to do. In 1 day I probably do about 300-400 pushups!

Tech-D
04-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by SGA
God I loved it!
Kinda reminds me of my dating years:D

Yea I can't wait to get back in, due to family illness I have been away since last September. I can't wait for the Friday night Fight Nights in Tae. No holding back sparing. :D

Then get my butt kicked in the Aerobic side.

hehehehe... Letting yourself go when you are not dating? :D

Narly R
04-22-2003, 03:24 PM
whenever I ride by myself I get apretty good workout! If its the warrior kodiak, but not latley, the r!:( I just need to eat healthy!!! I prolly eat 2 fruits a month!!! Im alergic to like ALL fruits except apples and ornges!!!!:eek2: Sucks! I need to cut back on the Cherry Pepsi too!!! But Im too ADDICTED!!!!:devil I would defently get into better shape if I was racing, but im not, and WHO knows when I will ever start agin!!!!:confused: My bike just wont come together!!!!!!:grr :mad: :(

SGA, yea in the "younger years" is all good! Man I stay in shape all the time, j/k!!!!! Why do ya think I weigh 400lbs!!!!?:huh :D

04-22-2003, 03:33 PM
i just go out and start ridin track hard and eventually im goin really slow and im tired and ill go for another 30- 40 minutes, do that a couple times and do 1 race ull be fine

04-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Ive never seen so many faces in one post b4.:rolleyes:

I just ride and ride and ride and do minimal lifting. I use to workout with weights 24/7 but it dont do nothin for riding. Pushups sit ups running and RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Narly R
04-22-2003, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400exracer
[B]Ive never seen so many faces in one post b4.:rolleyes:

Dude me neither!!! This guy must be some kind of freak thats emotions change all the time!!!!:huh

I didnt even realize I did that untill I looked!!! O-well!:D

Woodsrider
04-22-2003, 03:39 PM
12oz curls:macho Nah I just drink lots of water before my meals so I eat less and still feel full. I get a lot of exersice at work working on cars all day.

04-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Dude! That makes sense! I never even thought of downing a couple glasses of water before a meal. I think I may try that...

As far as working out, I am doing weight training on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, and Aerobic kickboxing on Tues and Thurs. It does a body good!:)

ramfan
04-22-2003, 05:50 PM
If you have the access to a pool,,,swim. I could not say anything about any martial arts but I have done weight training for a few months and it did not do anything for me in a race except for give me arm pump. Also run, endurance.... I do like the idea of the oll wrist twist because my forearms get the worst while racing.. and do laps on the track