PDA

View Full Version : Look Here If Your Goin To Hatfield

04-22-2003, 02:03 AM
Ok guys..the weather is calling for real good chances of rain on friday and saturday.:ermm: I don't mind dealing with the rain for one day but spending 3 days there in the rain is not my idea of fun.. I'm fully packed and ready to go..all i have to do is go to the grocery and get ma beer and a few other things..so i'm not tryin to sound like I'm backing out. I want this trip to happen really bad..been lookin forward to it since the ride home from the Sept. ride...

I'll keep an eye on the weather and Taco you keep an eye on it too since your the closest to hatfield,,,rain in the mornings and no rain all day is cool..but raining on and off all damn day is not cool..

What are your all's thoughts on this?? I guess if everyone says we'll ride in the rain then we will...just a long road trip for some of us to ride for a few hours on one day...:( Tell me what ya think and we'll come to a conclusion tomorrow afternoon on what were gonna do...:)

weather forcast hereweather here (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USWV0442?lswe=logan%2C+wv&lswa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&whatprefs=)

Taco
04-22-2003, 02:07 AM
I dont trust the damn weather reports one bit. But i agree i dont really want to spend the weekend in the rain.

Pappy
04-22-2003, 02:12 AM
dont matta to me...im comin that direction anyway so its up to u fellas:p

XANDADA
04-22-2003, 02:27 AM
How about postponing it a few weeks like May 17th weekend ;) Maybe some more people will show up. I had my heart set on going but still waiting on parts, last of which are supposed to be here this weekend.

Pappy
04-22-2003, 02:39 AM
may17th is the ride at 4punks

lil400exman
04-22-2003, 02:46 AM
the next weekend after that then?:devil lol just jelpin u guys out here........ i wont be able to ride i am looking at geting plus 4 a-arms...............:eek:

04-22-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
How about postponing it a few weeks like May 17th weekend ;) Maybe some more people will show up. I had my heart set on going but still waiting on parts, last of which are supposed to be here this weekend.

My schedule is full for the year with races and what not..I can't postpone it. It's either this weekend or we'll have to wait till the July ride...:(

UglyMotha™
04-22-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Rico
My schedule is full for the year with races and what not..I can't postpone it. It's either this weekend or we'll have to wait till the July ride...:(

DOH! i started to get all excited but looks like i'll still have to wait until july:(

CranMan
04-22-2003, 04:15 AM
I think I can speak for at least Wyndzer and myself, we'll be there rain or shine. Now I could see the accomodations changing to a hotel if it's BAD. We've ridden up there in the rain and mud, and believe it or not I think that was the most riding we did in one day, about 70 miles!

Like I said, I'm in rain or shine!

04-22-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by CranMan
I think I can speak for at least Wyndzer and myself, we'll be there rain or shine. Now I could see the accomodations changing to a hotel if it's BAD. We've ridden up there in the rain and mud, and believe it or not I think that was the most riding we did in one day, about 70 miles!

Cool beans Dan..I'm not tryin to discourage anyone i'm just making sure everyone is willing to do it rain or shine and see if anyone is backing out because of weather...

wyndzer
04-22-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by CranMan

All right, I look at it like this. I'm not sweet, so I won't melt. I'm going, if I have to shack up w/ airdaddy's poot mama.

I can't believe Rico showing off his skirt, can't decide if you're wearing pink or yellow?:huh

brokeitin3
04-22-2003, 04:37 AM
MAKE THE FINAL DECISION

red
04-22-2003, 07:55 AM
im in either way:cool:

monkeyboy
04-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by red
im in either way:cool:

u shut up.:grr u tol me u guyz wuz goien to ridde las week an u nevr show up.. me and slapnutz is gonna kik U win i c u...:scary:

red
04-22-2003, 08:34 AM
when did i ever say i was gonna ride last weekend?
the trip has always been planned for this weekend so maybe u should kick yourself for not readin when the ride was planned for.:blah :D

UglyMotha™
04-22-2003, 08:35 AM
LMFAO:eek:

04-22-2003, 09:19 AM
is wommen allowed to go on this trip?
mud is good.

SlapNutz
04-22-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by red
when did i ever say i was gonna ride last weekend?
the trip has always been planned for this weekend so maybe u should kick yourself for not readin when the ride was planned for.:blah :D

iv u shoewed up, i will kikk u into the dirt and make u feel like u want to b sorrie to monckyboy. :mad: :scary:

04-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by froggigginmama
is wommen allowed to go on this trip?
mud is good.

yes..were lookin for someone to cook, clean, and fetch beers for us after we get done riding....:macho Sounds like you'd fit the job perty good....;) Come on down froggetininmyazz :D

04-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Rico
yes..were lookin for someone to cook, clean, and fetch beers for us after we get done riding....:macho Sounds like you'd fit the job perty good....;) Come on down froggetininmyazz :D

ouch.

02Yellow400
04-22-2003, 11:30 AM
I just got back from hatfield 2 weeks ago. It rained the day we got there and half of the second day. All of the trails were a complete mudpit. Especially Bear Wallow. We ended up riding in rainsuits the whole time. We still have an awesome time but the mud and rain get real annoying real fast. It was bad enough that water got under my left grip and it was sliding around the whole time which got real annoying real fast. I will post some pics soon.

Doibugu2
04-22-2003, 11:37 AM
That sucks that it rained on you. I bet some of those trails were a bear with them being wet.

Glad you still had fun.

red
04-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by SlapNutz
iv u shoewed up, i will kikk u into the dirt and make u feel like u want to b sorrie to monckyboy. :mad: :scary:

i dont really know what i have to be sorry for but if u say i did something wrong then i am sorry. I not trying to make u mad or nothin i just saying i never said i was going ridin last weekend.
Peace :)

brokeitin3
04-22-2003, 02:31 PM
rain dont bother me its the being alone in my tent on a cold night. 40 degrees is way to cold to sleep by umself

04-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Well i'm there come he11 or high water....:muscle:

wyndzer
04-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
rain dont bother me its the being alone in my tent on a cold night. 40 degrees is way to cold to sleep by umself

I'm sure airdaddy will cuddle with you, when he gets through with his other activities.

I'm with Rico, I'm not a fair weather rider.

Taco
04-23-2003, 01:13 AM
I'm still game

CUZ'n
04-23-2003, 01:17 AM
i missed da ride:( all i say is dont get caught like i did and in trouble a little bit i may come if i can get the fat man to leave me alone mokeyboy settle down he know slappy will hand *** whoopin to poeple like dis big guy red i dont get in troble but you need me call:macho i got da truck fired and can go more places now so

Pappy
04-23-2003, 08:15 AM
aint gonna be no scrapin so simma:macho lol

someone refresh my directions from charleston:o

64 to 119 to 10:confused:

04-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol

someone refresh my directions from charleston:o

64 to 119 to 10:confused:

Yuuup,,,,you'll see a brown sign that points to the left that says To Cheif logan state park...then the park/campground is on the right,,can't miss the big sign..:cool:

Paul400ex2002
04-23-2003, 05:21 PM
d@mn you guys and your HF :p it's to farkin hot hear now to ride anytime other than early morning, dusk, or at night. Be glad it's actually RAINING :D maybe if i get a chance to come back to KY this summer, some of you guys gotta show me around.

04-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Hmmm lets see its gonna be sunny and warm on friday (the day for traveling should be there around noon) till the afternoon when its gonna rain till sat night or sun morning (the day for traveling back home) So who knows WTF is gonna be the ride destination this weeked.

Its like a 10-12 hour ride and stuff but atleast it wont be raining then LOL.

Damn hate to wait till friggin july :grr

I dunno see what things look like on thurs afternoon.

Ex'r Marlin
04-24-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Hmmm lets see its gonna be sunny and warm on friday (the day for traveling should be there around noon). Well, if we leave my house at 10:00pm... 9 hours later we should be there. That would put us there around 7:00am.:) :macho

Pappy
04-24-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Well, if we leave my house at 10:00pm... 9 hours later we should be there. That would put us there around 7:00am.:) :macho

right at dinner time;)

marlin, dont walk to close to lenny...you might step on his string:eek: :blah

Ex'r Marlin
04-24-2003, 02:25 AM
right at dinner time;)
Actually, that will be Friday morning breakfast!!!:cool: :macho

Pappy
04-24-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Actually, that will be Friday morning breakfast!!!:cool: :macho

blueberry pancakes, bacon and sausage and eggs:o you should smell it when ya pull in :p

or look for the black bears:eek:

brokeitin3
04-24-2003, 03:00 AM
and i just slipped into my little yellow dress. its too cold and i aint sitting in the rain, just call me the pansy poo. but my bed will be dry and warm. see you guys in july

04-24-2003, 07:44 AM
marlin, dont walk to close to lenny...you might step on his string

I got something for ya right here Kenny, strings Forgedhabouit.

Checking out the weather situation now so the final decison will be made soon.

04-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Tonight
Apr 24 Showers Late 46° 50 %
Fri
Apr 25 Rain 63°/49° 70 %
Sat
Apr 26 Showers 67°/42° 50 %
Sun
Apr 27 AM Clouds / PM Sun 71°/50° 20 %
Mon
Apr 28 Partly Cloudy 78°/52° 10 %
Tue
Apr 29 Cloudy 79°/55° 20 %
Wed
Apr 30 Showers 72°/52° 30 %
Thu
May 01 Partly Cloudy 76°/52° 20 %
Fri
May 02 Scattered Showers 76°/52° 40 %
Sat
May 03 Partly Cloudy 78°/53° 20 %
Last Updated Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 12:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Well the forcast doesnt look good at all unless your going to arrive on Sunday and stay till Tuesday.

Damn this suks cause I aint driving 10-12 hours to sit in the rain drinking beer and vodka till I pass out and drown in the puddle or mud hole you guys are gonna be calling camp :D :blah

Problem is that they are calling for showers all day on friday and saturday. The only times it wont be raining is during the rider there and back.

Oh frig it I am out :grr see you guys in july :cool: :D

Pappy
04-26-2003, 04:45 AM
welp, im home a day early:p the weather was pretty good for riding...wasnt much mud and even a lil dust. we rode the new trails at the waterpark.....almost as good as rock house but no mc donalds

ill comment more when the rest of the boyz come home and have more tails to tell....like the 1st official jackass award that was earned before someone even got the quad off the trailer:devil

i rode the new r ...we werent 10 miles in and i had tore it up:D 2 broken motor mounts .....which led to a thrown chain.....then a lil miss that ended up being a head gasket that didnt wanna make the ride, it got me back to the trail head under its own steam(literally) so i was happy.

at the time i left(8 pm last night) the damage count was....

2 broken mounts...blown head gasket for me....

and a brand new grizzly missing its racks:( most of the plastic that only moments before was pristine(now looks like a bear chewed it up:p ) the a arm bent back to the frame:( ....it wasnt perty:p but thanks to a local autobody shop he is riding full steam today:D

I CANT WAIT FOR JULY:macho

SGA
04-26-2003, 05:22 AM
Well now, This oughta be good.......... All that in the first hour?
Why do I have the feeling that overconsumption of the elixer will be part of the story?:rolleyes:

Pappy
04-26-2003, 06:41 AM
lol...we dont drink and ride:p

lets say someone thought the quad was in reverse (and it wasnt) ouch....i never seen a quad jump off the side of the trailer and hit a pretty enclosed trailer before:ermm: wasnt a pretty site...but rico got a picture of it:D and that was in the first 5 minutes:eek:

and after further review...the chain did crack my case:mad:

SGA
04-26-2003, 06:56 AM
and after further review...the chain did crack my case:mad: :( Sorry man, that has to blow.

red
04-27-2003, 08:27 AM
lol...we dont drink and ride:p

lets say someone thought the quad was in reverse (and it wasnt) ouch....i never seen a quad jump off the side of the trailer and hit a pretty enclosed trailer before:ermm: wasnt a pretty site...but rico got a picture of it:D and that was in the first 5 minutes:eek:

and after further review...the chain did crack my case:mad:

dang kenny that sucks, u didnt have any luck.
well we made it back and no one else wrecked but the ride on sat wasnt very fun...mud and rain all day...we rode the road back from gilbert cause noone wanted to go back over that hill in the mess that was there. all in all it was a fun ride.

Pappy
04-27-2003, 09:01 AM
well i sure as hell had a great time. i dont care about the ride as much as hangin out at camp:p when you fellas get some rest start a thread and fill me in:cool:

redzoomer
04-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Kenny,, Dude.. You have had a lot of luck this weekend!!! Dang shame it's all been bad!! Hey Red, what time did you guys break camp?? We left the Motel at 7am...

Pappy
04-27-2003, 01:15 PM
haha yeah i geuss it was:p oh well, i missed seeing errrrrrrrrrrrrrrdaddy in action at the bar:(

but i did have a blast as usual and cant wait till july!!!!!:D

red
04-27-2003, 02:24 PM
i think we finally left around 1130 or so

04-28-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by redzoomer
Kenny,, Dude.. You have had a lot of luck this weekend!!! Dang shame it's all been bad!! Hey Red, what time did you guys break camp?? We left the Motel at 7am...

Zoomer i was hopin ta see ya again before ya left but anywho..as usual..had a blast with you NC guys..the night at the bar was well worth leavin the camp for a change.. I' scared ta see the pics of me doin the midget pushups with rosie...:o saturday was fer chit and I wanted ta ride with you guys..but i slept till 11:30 and wasn't feellin the best.. anywho..I rolled out at 10:00 and got home at 3:00 or so..can't wait for the next one and you boyz better be stayin at the campground at least 1 or 2 nights...:grr

CUZ'n
04-28-2003, 04:34 AM
did u see dem peopel i send der to look for dat red guy:ermm: i will cum in da next ride and we git it straght :macho my frendz ride at dat park alot