PDA

View Full Version : That Darn Pivot Bolt

Moto92
04-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Yeah I know this subject has been beat to death lately but I have a question. So Im taking mine out this weekend to grease it like suggested on here. I got the nut off fine, went to the other side to turn the bolt out and it spun fairly well but never backs out. So I hammer until the treaded part was flush with the frame and once again tried backing it out. So what Im wanting to know is if this bolt treads out or have to be hammered out. I stopped hammering because I didnt know if I was really going to screw up something.

john308
04-21-2003, 05:24 PM
no, it's not threaded into the swingarm. take the nut off, turn it around, and thread it back on flat side out. hammer that until it gets to the frame. After that, I just used a punch and hammered the rest of the way out. Mine wasn't too hard to do. Make sure you put some good anti-sieze or grease on the bolt when you put it back in.

GNCC#829
04-22-2003, 07:04 AM
The way I do it is:
Use a rubber hammer to pound it even with the frame, and then use a claw hammer on the other side to simply pull it out. (with the claw end of the hammer):cool: