PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket clutch

Mx300exRyder
04-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I am looking to buy a new clutch perch, but I dont want to loose my reverse. Is there any way to save the reverse, or is there and aftermaket company that has the button on it?

HiperEX
04-21-2003, 04:00 PM
um do can get a msr raptor clutch or a cr clutch and just do the reverse mod i did the day i got my 300 and i love it so much easier there was a thread on this on the site somewhere thats where i got the instructions on how to do it

Mx300exRyder
04-22-2003, 05:18 PM
thanks, I will try to locate it

300exTJjeeper
04-23-2003, 06:47 AM
anyluck with fidning the threar for that mod, I would love to hit that up on my quad, took out the parking brake sonwo it's just a one huge piece of metal with a huge runnder boot. If you guys find it can you post it up

Thanks

Cody_300ex
04-23-2003, 09:36 AM
My name is Casey (hetrick330ex), My uncle is Rich Hetrick of Hetrick Racing .. Anyway we were sitting there one day trying to figure out ways to improve my less than perfect quad.. We came up with two main problems, first the subject of the poor reverse system came up (I will do a report on the second thing in a few weeks)... So we set out to figure out a way to improve it..

Alright just to get on the same boat I will tell you how the stock reverse ingagement goes... Make sure your machine is in neutral, then with your right hand reach over to the left side of the handlebars and press down the little red button on the clutch lever, hold this down untill you pull in the clutch, by pulling in the clutch lever it holds this little button down... Then you reach over the quad with your right hand and pull up on a lever that is mounted on the left side of the quad just below your knee. Basiclly this is a big pain and I was tired of it. So we watched what happend as the little button was pulled into the bars...

It caused a cable to pull a little bracket (on the right side of your quad down by your heel) in a counterclockwise direction (towards the rear of the quad).Then when you let the clutch back out it goes to its origanal spot (towards the front of the quad). Reverse can only be engaged if it is in the counterclockwise postition. So what we did was take a piece of chain and put it from one piece of metal to the other one which caused it to stay in the counterclockwise position. By doing this you can eliminate the cable going from you clutch lever to that part. All that you have to do is put it in neutral (REMEMBER TO PUT IT IN NEUTRAL),pull in the clutch and pull up on the little lever on the left side.

Well I hope you understand this because it makes in 300000 times easier to put into reverse. Now there is only one thing, I have heard from some people that once you do this mod your quad can be put into reverse at anytime..in any gear.., if you do this...your transmission is junk so take my advice and dont even test it out.

copy paste from the Tech Articles