PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem HELP

HiperEX
04-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Ok i posted before but just went for another spin adn i found out when im goin full bore on my 300ex the clutch starts to skip only when im topping it out can i adjust the the clutch from teh side case where it says honda on the side? or do i need a new clutch or have mechanic look at it?

HiperEX
04-21-2003, 04:04 PM
bump

nojoke4stroke
04-21-2003, 05:11 PM
maybe if you posted a year next to what your machine was it would help us figure it out but from the sounds of it you need some muffler bearings.:rolleyes: seriously man,we dont even know what topped out is to you,your probly running a 97 that hasnt seen maintenance since its dawn of time.......if the clutch slips and theres no adjustement in the cables then buy a new clutch because chances are youve burnt the piss out of it with that hefty 4 stroke powerplant.

HiperEX
04-22-2003, 05:24 AM
my machine is a 2000 300ex and what are muffler bearings?:huh

UglyMotha™
04-22-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by HiperEX
my machine is a 2000 300ex and what are muffler bearings?:huh

ignore nojoke he's just some asswipe that has wondered on to the boards recently and just seems to never have anything good to say, and you don't have any muffler bearings, you might want to get your mechanic to look at it, are you sure it's your clutch is slipping or maybe your motor could be just lackin up top in other words is it starving for gas, if you clutch is slipping i would think that you would would notice it more on the low-end rather than up top

HiperEX
04-22-2003, 01:43 PM
yeah thanks uglymotha i dont believe what nojoke4stroke said i new there is no such thing as a muffler bearing anyways i was riding today and now teh clutch isnt slipping at all i dont know what the problem is but its gone now and hope it doesnt come back

2K1 300EX
04-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
when im goin full bore on my 300ex the clutch starts to skip only when im topping it out?

If it is only when you are topping out, you might be hitting your rev limiter.

ridered86
04-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 2K1 300EX
If it is only when you are topping out, you might be hitting your rev limiter.

excactly, your just reving it out and your limiter is kicking in, if it was your clutch than you would feel it slip upon letting it out not when it is engaged.

hope this helps:)