PDA

View Full Version : mechanics only, plz help

DoPeExRiDeR20
04-21-2003, 03:05 PM
ive been hearing a lot about these dirt bike engine conversions and all onto quads and i was wondering if it would be possible to put a CBR or XZR or any type of street bike engine into your quad chasis and run it, please help....and lemme know what id need to know

nojoke4stroke
04-21-2003, 05:56 PM
first of all you need to know that if you were about 4 years older you would realize that all that motor means nothing unless youre on the play ground with your wannabe bi***es.assuming you could handle all the motor in that size chassis offroad then you would need custom suspension and frame that would passify the realm of your average racer to the 10'th power and you would be making 50 billion a year on sight alone.just get real man and improve your abilities and when you think youre bada** then get a chassis and in about 4 years from that worry about a hopped up motor.as far as the streetbike motor , it looks good on paper but thats about it,sure they can go fast as hell but only on a straightaway and ive aleady wasted too much time on this lame *** topic and if you build 1 post it so we can laugh at you.

OCCRA288
04-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Dopexrider-
I actually do have an issue of dirtwheels that has a CBRF4i in it, it was highly expensive but it is NOT a drag bike. The owner races MX with it on a regular basis. It is however, extensively modified.

The guy above was a little harsh when he said that it really isn't worth it. But IMO it really isn't worth it.

lil400exman
04-22-2003, 02:38 AM
both people above are right but with all the power in the world and only be able to go striaght but have to stop to turn make sense? cause pple with fully modded suspension quad will pass you up in the jumps and corners. When my r was still togther i raced my friend with his full tc440 with no suspension mods (not sayig my quad was a total aftermarket bike at the time) it killed him in the corners.Sure he was hanging and passing me in straights but in the corners it wasnt even a race....................so think about that man..............:) hope that helped and if you do build a bike like that use a dirtbike engine there more power to weight ratio smaller and wouldnt be as hard to line in and make it fit...............................cause streetbike engines are huge compared to dirtbikes....................:macho

UglyMotha™
04-22-2003, 03:11 AM
street bike motors make awesome dune quads that's all you need to know anything else they suck

don't attempt unless you are very mechanically inclined which i'm assuming your not since you needed to come on here and ask if it is possible so it's probably not in your best intrest to try it

2k2-300exnj
04-22-2003, 03:25 AM
dont pick on him guys it was a simple question he is tired of the power he has and doesnt think he can get the power that he wants out of the motor he has thats all if u really want all that crazy power go with a crf450 or yz426 motor but streetbike motors arent made to take the abuse of mx unless like someone above said they are highly modded... if u want to spend crazy money like that sell your quad and buy an aftermarket frame, a-arms, swing arm, and all the goodies and through a 310r motor in it trust me u will be more than happy with how fast it is

ridered86
04-22-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
street bike motors make awesome dune quads that's all you need to know anything else they suck

yup, thats about all they will do:)

badass250x
04-22-2003, 07:32 AM
nojoke4stroke what is your problem with everyone??? not everyone no everything like you......LMAO

DoPeExRiDeR20
04-22-2003, 09:28 AM
it was just a thought like u all said......and i dunno why some of u are @$$holes who think they know everything about qa quad, yes im good with mechanics and **** but i havent worked with a street bike before and i was just wondering, i thought it would be a kool idea, even if it was just for drag or dunes..... well thnx again to the peaple tht actually gave sum HELPFUL thopughts and didnt try to bull**** me and make me sound like i was 5 yrs. old......

wilkin250r
04-22-2003, 09:53 AM
It is very possible to put a streetbike engine into a quad frame. There are a few companies that will do the conversion for you.

Is it possible? Definitly! Is is a smart thing to do? Questionable.

AndrewRRR
04-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Don't listen to the flamers, especially the ones who haven't done it before. Yes it is possible. Yes they can be very fast. No, due to weight they usually won't be good for motocross (although I assume you aren't planning on using this for that). The powerband is pretty amazing. Imagine the low end of a 400ex and the top end of a built banshee, now combine them. The dyno sheet on my hybrid looks like that of a big block V8, very linear, tons of area under the curve. Plus you get something unique that not everyone has. It may not be the fastest quad out there, but chances are it's the only one that unique.
If you want a hybrid and don't want to go through the trial and error of building one from scratch I'm selling mine so I can get a banshee (it's more of a drag quad and we do some fast trail riding at the dunes inbetween sick top speed blasts). PM me if you are interested or need more info on building one. If you aren't experienced at fabrication and welding I wouldn't attempt to build one.
here's the classified thread with some info on mine: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55407

nastynotchback1
04-22-2003, 02:39 PM
hey i am looking for a late 70's or early 80's 500cc street bike to put the motor on a blaster frame that is just sitting around.it want be for anystyle racing.it is just going to be for the heck of it.