PDA

View Full Version : nightmare, need help

quadman22
04-21-2003, 01:53 PM
all i want to do is sell my quad and buy my dirtbike, but it isn't easy. my question is, when i get the title from the kid i bought my quad from, how do i get the title transfered over to my name? anyone who knows this PLEASE answer:( i need to know a.s.a.p.

GNCC#829
04-21-2003, 02:57 PM
First get his signature notorized when he signs it over to you. Then go to your local title office. There should be one in your county.:cool:

trailburner
04-21-2003, 03:00 PM
bring in a bill of sale along with the title to the license bureau & that should be it i think????:ermm:

SGA
04-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Yep, its not that hard to do. Look on the back of the title and make sure all liens have been taken care of. HIS NAME MUST be on the front. Make sure you know him or he has ID. He will sign it over to you. Get a bill of sale also and get it notorized, with him there if possible. Its not necessary to get the bill of sale notorized, but its a good idea when dealing with a large amount of money. Get everything in order before you hand over the cash. Then you and him are finished.
Take everything to the title/tag office and get the title changed over to your name.

04-21-2003, 03:45 PM
depends on where you live cause the laws on titles and bill of sales differ greatly from state to state.