PDA

View Full Version : 420ex

stroked300ex
04-21-2003, 01:49 PM
yess.. it is true.. i have had my close friend work on my 300ex and he has made it into a full fledged 420ex!!! he has bought a new head, sleeve, hollowtop piston, and new valves. The head is Wiseco. It will be running a mix of 93 and race fuel.. i havent figured out the ratio.. i have to play with it first.. anyways can you tell me how reliable this will be? i know i will be dusting some 400ex's but i just want to know if it is gonna start up everytime. thx

stroked300ex
04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
someone help me! the stuff is done.. i am just wondering if the thing is gonna hold up good.

crashinmatt
04-21-2003, 02:30 PM
well all i can say, is with proper maintenence, things will last longer. then again, the more u do to the motor, the less reliable it will be. with that size of motor, i personally believe it may not last all that long, but then theres a lot that goes into that. i have a friend who just had his 300ex made into a 4??cc beast, and i think he already blew it up once and hasnt had it more then a couple months.

Beep54
04-21-2003, 02:33 PM
:eek2: Holy oversized piston dude. That i want to see, do you have any pictures of the quad?

As for holding up just make sure everything is torqued to specks and keep after ti i think it will hold up just fine. But im no expert at it im sure some of these otehr guys could answer that question much better.

stroked300ex
04-21-2003, 05:28 PM
i havent got it back yet but when i do, i will surely take a pic of the bike before i get it dirty again!!.. im am currently buying shocks, a-arms, axle, tires, and handlebars off of ebay so maybe i can do XC!