PDA

View Full Version : what inprovments to shocks do?

KASCHAK
04-21-2003, 01:16 PM
i want to get new front shocks the stock ones suck. what do shocks do i hear you get more power to whe wheels and i know that there alot better then stock, but what other inprovments would i get stearing? power to wheels? which ones are are really good and ofordiable? thanks

QuadTrix6
04-21-2003, 01:28 PM
they keep your wheels on the floor all the time so you have more control over the bike its also able to soak up big jumps to big woops, there well worth the money

Derek
04-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Yea you can screw up more and ur shocks cover your arse.

Power to the wheels??:huh

trailburner
04-21-2003, 03:12 PM
you dont have to fight the quad as much, handels better,rides better,etc...etc.....Its like driving a damn cadillac:D

forum
04-21-2003, 03:18 PM
a good rear shock with zps or somthing like it will help keep the rear tires on the ground therfor help in aceleration. But front shocks should still be bought before a rear

Ex'r Marlin
04-21-2003, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't say that the stock shocks suck... But I would say that if you went from riding aftermarket shocks back to stock shocks, then it would "suck".:blah

Aftermarket shocks will:
Keep you from bottoming out.
Improve your jumping, and confidence in jumping.
Soak up the bumps better than the stockers... When set to your body weight, thus allowing better control of your atv.
Allow you to adjust ride height.

Hope this helps!:)

wilkin250r
04-22-2003, 03:53 AM
Have you ever ridden a three-wheeler or small quad with no rear suspension? It's a terrible ride. Even if it had 100hp, you couldn't go very fast because it bounces so much you can hardly stay on the dang thing. It's the same philosophy.

You can go faster on a paved road than you you can on dirt. Why? The dirt road often has bumps and rocks that can throw you off your quad if you hit them at high speed. Good shocks will help soak up all those bumps and rocks better, giving you a smoother ride, and allowing you to go faster.

As for power to the ground, that can also be true. Good aftermarket shocks will not "buck" and bounce as much. If they are not bouncing as much, then your tires are on the ground more, delivering power instead of spinning in the air.

Many aftermarket shocks will sag a bit more than your stock shocks, making your quad sit a little lower to the ground. If your center of gravity is lower, you can turn harder and faster without tipping over.

Then, there are the obvious benifits of jumping. Softer landings mean that you can jump higher and farther.

KASCHAK
04-22-2003, 01:24 PM
but what about good shocks for an offordable price and a good idea that i can confince my parents that i can buy them. lol