PDA

View Full Version : free mods

zlam27
04-21-2003, 12:17 PM
hey, i have a banshee and i just bought a 400ex so im lookin to add some HP to it. i know all about exhausts, intakes, etc for the banshee but im kinda new to the EX.

it has a K&N and im gonna take off the stock headpipe and grind off a little bit of the weld. what do you all do about the airbox? do you take off the intake pipe or just cut the last bend off so it kinda gets force-feed when you are goin fast? should i just use a hose and come out from the box and go straight up a few inches?

what about the battery? i dont like the stock location at all but i dont wanna spend the big$$ on an alum. airbox. could i build the airbox, i have a few machining tools available.

anything else i should know? im thinkin of gettin rid of the e-brake and maybe pickin up some airscoops. should i bump up the pilot to a 42?

if anyone can help me out here i would appreciate it. i know you have heard this 100000 times, but which pipe does everyone like? is the FMF PC-4 anygood? im pretty set on the PC T-4 for looks and sound, but does it help perf?

zach

cheetah
04-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Well you can remove the choke and run no airbox lid. A cheap mod I just did was the Curtis Sparks Timing Key. It was only $15 and I am very satisfied with the result. As for the pipe, your engine builder's pipes will give you the most power. Check out Curtis Sparks, Hetericks, HMF, etc.

skinrider440
04-21-2003, 05:33 PM
where can you get a sparks timing key and what does it do

OCCRA288
04-22-2003, 02:27 AM
The battery can be relocated to the front of your quad. IT will fit on the upper frame crossmember between the down tubes. You have to build a box for it though.

UglyMotha™
04-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by skinrider440
where can you get a sparks timing key and what does it do

you can get the sparks key from our sponser, and it advances your timing 6 degrees for improvments in throttle response