PDA

View Full Version : Your worst wreck?

300ex_rider03
04-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Well i got a new 300ex about 2 weeks ago and have been doing good on it, until today. Me and some friends were going out to play at the trax and where on the gravel roads when all of a sudden i hit loose gravel and go into the ditch and flip it, it rolls a good three or four times and ends up like 15 yards from where i first hit.... Suprisingly it only bent my handle bars and broke my headlight plastic, also scratched it up pretty bad. Lets here your stories :( P.S. - I am very pissed at my self for this :mad:

TheX1992
04-21-2003, 12:19 PM
i was doing a hillclimb behind my house......fairly steep but only 20 feet high....when i stalled it right at the top (bottomed out on the lip) and it just started tilting backwards until i was seeing upsidown so i jumped away but the only thing to hit me was the handelbars landed on my leg.....man that sucked.

derekhonda
04-21-2003, 12:25 PM
broken shoulder-dirtbike

Mx300exRyder
04-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Back in October, I tried a jump that was just built, and I hit it to fast, when I hit, I fliped it 5 times and I was too scared to think about letting go. I ended up shattering my femure, and had to get a metal rod inserted in my thigh.

blondie69
04-21-2003, 12:34 PM
i never really hurt my quad.....the worst thing i did to it was i was goin around a turn too fast and too sharp and the wheel pin thing broke and made my wheel turn inwards. and i smashed my face off the handlbars.....hurt like a b!tch....no helmet:ermm:

250EXking
04-21-2003, 12:34 PM
i was jumping a step up at my buddies broc's on his track. my back end hit the top and sent me face first in the ground. thats all i remember but my buddy said my bike did flips and flops and cartwheels and all sorts of stuff. my bike ended up on top of me and i was ok just knocked out for awhile. i bent my axle and a rim. and i took it easy the rest of the day.

300ex_rider03
04-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Forget to mention that the being soar as hell part sucks!!!

zephead400ex
04-21-2003, 12:41 PM
I was at Little Sahara, OK. I was riding my gf's mojave with her on the back, I was following my bud ledofthezep up a short but step hill. We hit the hill at an angle, I thought that mojave had a little more power than it did, b4 I could do anything it tilted to the right. My gf jumps off the back I jump down the hill with the quad rolling right behind me. (picture this, I jump down the hill and when I hit the sand I look back up the hill, the quad is about 3 ft from me, rolling 5 times down the hill w/ the quad behind me the entire time) When I hit level ground the quad was still behind me, I jumped to the side and the quad landed on its wheels right were I jumped from the last time.

I sh*t my pants! not really, but I did break my smokes that were in my pocket! I dont smoke cigarettes anymore:)

peace

04-21-2003, 12:45 PM
I"ve had a few.....

Came up short on a 55+ foot step-up and knocked out a front toof, and bruised my ribs...

Clipped a tree goin down hill at a pretty good little click..went over the handybars and the quad came tumbling after me..:ermm:

Flipped it over climbin a hill at an angle..rolled the quad over top of me and bruised the left side of my body from chest to knee..:scary:

I've had several racin XC the last few months..worst i guess was clippen a tree in 2nd tapped and that hurt..felt like I got broad sided by a truck..

Jumped a 70+ triple made for dirtbikes and I was just stupid that day...made the jump but landed rear wheels first too much and slammed down on my seat...never came off the quad either..but bruised 2 kidneys, compressed 2 disk in my back, bent my subframe, axle, and steal insert for pro-peg nerfs..

had several other but those come to mind the most...:huh

nakomis0
04-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Thats freakin awesome Rico.:D And I thought I had some good crashes.

roostin_dale
04-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Me and my friend had been riding all day...it was about 10pm and we were on our way home. I was crusing alond prolly hlaf throttle in 3rd.....somehow we stumbled onto his MX track and i didnt know it...i hit his 45 footer and nailed the other side....bruised 1 rib, broke one ribe, fractured knee, and my bumper fell off...

Brad
04-21-2003, 01:09 PM
i was smoothing out a hill and i by accidentally stalled at the to( no biggie right?)(WRONG) i hit my back brake bi accidentally and rolled over backwards a good 3 times the whole time attached to the bike i came out with 3 broken ribs and the right wrist was cracked and the left was completely broken, my friend bragged for me the next day in school. i was at home feeling like shat

250rAL
04-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Driving up a ditch once, I came upon a driveway and decided to jump it. Unfortunately, there was an 8" culvert pipe buried in the leaves right at the place I picked for my takeoff. I hit it square with my front wheel ('85 ATC250R). I completely cleared the driveway and went end over end on landing. I didn't get hurt at all, but I did see stars-literally. The ATC had wadded up handlebars, a bent fork and a 2" cut in the front tire.

"BLAHH"300!!
04-21-2003, 01:27 PM
i was at a bon fire one night, in this chics pasture. a polarass utility bike was there. on the way back, we turned around kinda quick, i thought he wanted to race, so i took the inside, roosted him, and my back tire cought on a pill of cow....dung...it came over to the side, i balied, jumped way off the bike as it came over, and i landed on the top of my shoulder...broke my color bone...
back at the house,..i took my shirt off, ....everyone was like "BLAHH"!! :blah i thought it was becouse of my bird chest,....
but the bone was sticking out.
broke the rear fenders, bent bars, killed the light, and ruined my buzz.... :devil

this one was just dumb....
...i sat by the edge of the road waiting for a car to pass, so i could cross...i was sitting on an incline, poping the clutch, letting the wheels come up, and the back down,...(showin' ff).... i was so used to popping it, that when the car passed, i gased it, poped it and landed right on my ***....

2 tree's real close together, gatta hit em' perfect, forgot that i had just put the axel at it widest set, and stopped dead in my tracks...bar's in my gut..tounge come's out....."BLAHH" :blah

toby400ex
04-21-2003, 01:51 PM
hmm, i guess i havent got hurt all that badly YET....

I would say the one I got hurt the most on was a few weeks ago. It was just a lil jump, it was more like just 3 crappy woops that could be tripled. I doubled it once, then tried for the tripple. Somehow the quad just got vertical and landed that way. I tried to hold on and land it, but it was a horrible landing, the whole spot for landing was covered in rocks and potholes. Well i fell to the side and slid on my back on the rocks. The next day my back and neck hurt wuite badly, but my pride was hurt the most when i saw some wierd little kid waiting for me to move after i fell off.:huh

born-to-race
04-21-2003, 02:33 PM
I rolled my quad on a small but steep hill. I wanted to get off it near the top so I turned but my whole quad started to slide down
and tip so I bailed and my quad rolled. The plastic broke where it
bolts to the frame mount, no biggie, a washer fixed it.

honda250xrider
04-21-2003, 02:47 PM
i was being a hot shot and just power sliding in my yard, well i was going a little to fast and turn a little to sharp and got completly sideways and the tires hook and threw me off, i was told i flew about 8 feet, and the quad rolled 4-5 times, plastic was totaled needed new handlebars, and i torn all the ligaments out of my shoulder

AL81
04-21-2003, 02:51 PM
I broke my pelvis in three places it broke in the back of it were it connects to the spine and in the front on both sides were my legs conected to it it was seperated by about an inch in all three spots i was laid up for about 3 months and oh i came up a little short on our step up at our track

Mitch400EX
04-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Was jumping a 65 foot step up 3rd gear pinned and the take off ramp I had built gave way on one side while I was taking off, needless to say this shot me sideways and crooked in the air. I hit the ground and immediately was shot over the side of the bike and down the other side of the step up. I later measured that my body flew 30 feet before slamming into the dirt. My quad flipped sideways numerous times. Damage: bent A-arm, tie rod, and inverted front rim. That is one of the scariest crashes I've had. No broken bones, very sore that night though!

lil400exman
04-21-2003, 03:11 PM
i hit a telephone pole riding a wheelie on my friends blaster.................. and i got knocked out for awhile and went to the hospital and i couldnt rember where i was at or anything...............................it was weird they got a video tape of meand i kept asking the same questions over and over cause i couldnt rember!:eek2: :huh

300EXrider02
04-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I"ve had a few.....

Jumped a 70+ triple made for dirtbikes and I was just stupid that day...made the jump but landed rear wheels first too much and slammed down on my seat...never came off the quad either..but bruised 2 kidneys, compressed 2 disk in my back, bent my subframe, axle, and steal insert for pro-peg nerfs..

had several other but those come to mind the most...:huh

at least you got 2 kidneys! I only got one, so I have to be careful:( ;)

"BLAHH"300!!
04-21-2003, 03:21 PM
i had a freind that had amnesia (sp) once.
..i went to his house after school one day, he skipped that day.
on the way there i saw what looked like his moms car being hauled behind a wrecker..got to hos house his mom was all
..."talk to bo...tell me if you notice anything.....weird"..
haha he was weird alright...everytime he'd turn around to do something, then turn back around and see me' he'd say somethin' like..."whoa..scared me,..how'd you get in here....is my mom home?"....uhh..yeah bo....later us and 2 more freinds went for a "joy ride"....everytime' he'd smoke a cigarett he'd look in his pack and say...Damnb...i gotta.....jdhY....do i, do we smoke?".....
...uh yeah bo...we just finished.......he'd finish the ciggarett, put it out and light another...i got a head ach....
he never went to the doc...we just toyed with his head all day....

i'll delete this in a minute ben.

Giz400ex
04-21-2003, 03:22 PM
I was about 15 or 16 and had a 250x and was going down this dead-end road which leads to a place to ride. It was me and 2 friends on seperate dirtbikes and I had the 250x pinned!!! We're going as fast as we can and I was focusing straight ahead of me and this HUGE!!!! Rotty (dog) came flying out and the only brakes I had were the fronts, the bolt hole that goes into the rear caliper was stripped so I had no rear brakes. Well, I believe I was going about 50mph and nailed him!! Quad and I went flying, the quad flipped over (don't know how many times) and I went flying off the road into trees and came about 1 foot from barbwire fence. There's alot more to this story and I could write forever but I had to go to the hospital and ended up with a concussion and I did wear a helmet!!!

250rAL
04-22-2003, 01:00 PM
But the doggy was OK wasn't he?

Giz400ex
04-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Well, lets say he survived the hit but never heard him bark again!! I heard that the crash dislocated its jaw:( :(

300exjuggalo
04-22-2003, 01:53 PM
when igot hit buy a truck

fmf300ex23
04-22-2003, 03:19 PM
IT was March 15 at Macon this year, in my qualifier on the last lap i went over a double double section that i had done 100 times that weekend with no troubles and cased the last one and front flipped off the bike, the tire hit me in the head and knocked me out, quit breathing for a few minutes, had seizures (never had one in my life until then), had a concusion, bit the hell out of my tongue, and some bad bruises, had to spend the whole weekend at the hospital with needles and stuff attached to me, it sucked majorly.

kawasaki_ridah
04-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Mx300exRyder
Back in October, I tried a jump that was just built, and I hit it to fast, when I hit, I fliped it 5 times and I was too scared to think about letting go. I ended up shattering my femure, and had to get a metal rod inserted in my thigh.

how long was you out?

Woodsrider
04-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Flipped it on a steep hillclimb, quad landed on my head, scarred up my helmet, tore up my neck and back, cracked the plastic:ermm:

Mx300exRyder
04-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
how long was you out?

Riding till Febuary, but racing I havent gotten back in yet, I am still not cleared from my blood clot that developed.

Nausty
04-22-2003, 04:46 PM
worst wreck? Pry the one where I crashed through the garage window on a yz80. I've told the story a thousand times and basically I came back on the twist throttle and couldn't let off and hit the house 4th gear pinned and went through a garage window and landed on a pool table. Got over a 100 stitches, skin graph not to mention what seemed like tons of little cuts and scratches just about everywhere and I really cut up my right arm bad where it hit the window frame after all that and no pain killers:D

All in all I think i've had a pretty long list of injurys and bad accidents but I still consider myself lucky compared to a lot of people.

Crashing sucks but this year I got the urge to hit a "seth jump" well kinda. I wanna 4th gear pinned jump w/ a nice take off and landing where I can just fly forever. I'm so gonna kill myself by the time i'm 25.:rolleyes:

str400ex
04-22-2003, 05:05 PM
red bud i came up short on the pipe jump 6 screws and a plate in my heel im going back this year and im curious to see if i will have the #### to hit it i guess ill find out what im made of later shawn

Castor-426ex
04-22-2003, 05:27 PM
easy...

drag racing... hit third gear.....won the drag race...went to slow down... brakes lock up...almost saved it....endo..about 5 times...landed on pavement...look up...WHAM! footpeg clocks my helmet...and cracks it...rest of the quad follows hitting me at a high rate of speed...me and quad skid down pavement.....not fun...

911 was called i didnt wake up till they revived me.......road rash...concussion...ouch:huh :confused:

CHAUNCY
04-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
easy...

drag racing... hit third gear.....won the drag race...went to slow down... brakes lock up...almost saved it....endo..about 5 times...landed on pavement...look up...WHAM! footpeg clocks my helmet...and cracks it...rest of the quad follows hitting me at a high rate of speed...me and quad skid down pavement.....not fun...

911 was called i didnt wake up till they revived me.......road rash...concussion...ouch:huh :confused:

OUCH. Asphault will eat you alive !

Mr_Bub400ex
04-22-2003, 06:15 PM
i was pulling stoppies in my dugout and the quad went over forwards and landed on my... it was pretty funny

jumping my old warrior, did a no footer but my foot ended up under the tire as i landed, sprained my ankle bad

i was hitting a angled jump where u kinda have to whip the quad, i went with the nose too far down and broke my arm

thats about it...:macho

speedy400
04-23-2003, 05:03 AM
long story short, I did a front flip going 40 mph(wire fence)= not a scratch on anything.....except my safty vest.-darren

OneFast400
04-23-2003, 06:57 AM
my worst happened two weeks ago....was out riding after it had rained with my bro and friends....was moving about 30 on a wet trail went around a small bend in the trail, back end came out and pushed me into this puddle about 5 inches deep....the bike stopped fast and i kept going took the bike with me it flipped about 6 times and barely missed hitting me.....i was fine bike was fine too nothing bent nothing broken.......I was really lucky......also wish i had a camera to see what happened....went so fast

EXDUNER127
04-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Just abt three weeks ago some buddies and I went to a local rider made track, and a bunch of jumps, there was this huge double that was just made the week before, but I didnt have my bike this ride, so I dared all my friends to try it, but they were all chicken shiatz, so I bragged "yah, if I had my bike I would try it". So one of my buddies told me to use his bike if I was so tough, so I was like s%#!.... So I have the bike pinned in 3rd gear( ths bike has only a pipe and filter, and this jump is made for dirt bikes) and once I got right up to the jump I noticed it was slanted, so I was crooked in the air with some major air and used all my weight to get that bike straight, cleared jump but with his stiff suspension hit the ground hard and my foot slipped and peg scraped my whole shin from ankle to knee and then the back tire rode over my ankle, but I held on and sprang my ankle ,small fracture in tibea bone(shin) and 3 weeks later all still swolen, bad kharma...sucks but atleast im the only 1 with balls out of them.

300exQuadracer
04-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
i was being a hot shot and just power sliding in my yard, well i was going a little to fast and turn a little to sharp and got completly sideways and the tires hook and threw me off, i was told i flew about 8 feet, and the quad rolled 4-5 times, plastic was totaled needed new handlebars, and i torn all the ligaments out of my shoulder

haha i did that exact thing before on my 3-wheeler, and it was infront of like 20 people they all died laughing but my arm was all cut up from sliding in the field

HoNdAdude48
04-23-2003, 10:51 AM
my worst wreck was on my kdx 200, i was getin ready to jump and i rolled over the end of the jump and didnt give it enough gas and next thing i knew i had hit tha ground then rolled over and BOOM, the bike landed strait on my helmet. broke my nose, the part between my teeth & the bottom of my lips (inside your mouth) split open, the worst pain in my life!, broke my leg. then a few scratches. yea it sucked lol!

then anouther time i rolled my 300 about 10 times, i was doin about 60 at the time, then next thing i knew a fence was about 60 yards ahead, so i slammed on my brakes, the bike turned sideways, and hit a bump about 10 yards in front of the fence, so i fliped once, went in to the BARBED WIRE fence got cut to ****, the bike went over it and rolled about 9 more times after that, really ****ed some **** up!

FastByDesign
04-25-2003, 05:41 PM
I was taking my bro's about 30 foot jump (on ma pos yz 80) , i have never takin it before (had no idea how i ended up), it turns out the front end goes forward too fast, i did like a half front flip and fell of, i was sore the next day, oh ya yesterday i did a no-footer lander aka nut cruncher, ya they were sore the next day:eek:

Glow Plug
04-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by FastByDesign
I was taking my bro's about 30 foot jump (on ma pos yz 80) , i have never takin it before (had no idea how i ended up), it turns out the front end goes forward too fast, i did like a half front flip and fell of, i was sore the next day, oh ya yesterday i did a no-footer lander aka nut cruncher, ya they were sore the next day:eek:

god your such a lier :rolleyes:

i fliped this kid's yz80 over pretty good on some whoops last year lol :rolleyes:

FastByDesign
04-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Im not a lier, its 30 feet from where he jumps to where he lands, not from where I spill:blah

Glow Plug
04-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by FastByDesign
Im not a lier, its 30 feet from where he jumps to where he lands, not from where I spill:blah

lol

what about that no footed lander than didn't hurt you :rolleyes:

FastByDesign
04-25-2003, 06:06 PM
shhhhhhhhhh, i wanna fit in, lol:cool: