PDA

View Full Version : 350X conversion ....

Honda250XRacer
04-21-2003, 11:06 AM
do any of you guys have pictures of your 300ex with the 350X conversion ....and step by step pictures ?....and i would like to know if anyone has made the motor mounts ....thank you , TRENT

Honda250XRacer
04-21-2003, 01:38 PM
BUMP :macho

stocktires
04-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Bump! good topic!
All I know, is that the swap is not very hard to do :o

Honda250XRacer
04-22-2003, 09:41 AM
yep ...would realy like some pictures ....!!! BUMP:mad: :macho lol

Honda250XRacer
04-22-2003, 12:10 PM
bump

atvrider
04-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Speedbump has done that conversion.

Honda250XRacer
04-22-2003, 12:46 PM
thanks...tell him i want some pictures and him to tell me about or i could tell him ..

nismo
04-22-2003, 01:06 PM
i have been thinking about doing this conversion for a while but i cant get the motor for a cheap price and i dont want to pay for a head pipe that is $400+. but i would like to see step by step pictures because if i ever did get the motor i would do it for sure.

Honda250XRacer
04-22-2003, 01:52 PM
yea...but you can make and customize your own header if you know how to do that kind of thing ..well i really hope someone has some pictures..

joeroadking
04-22-2003, 01:53 PM
I have done two of these here is all the info I cut and paste from prior emails to others about the same conversion so it may see a little choppy but it is all there! the major mods where
1. rear top mount on engine needed to have aprox a 1inch Alum cut out very basic with a hack saw all other motor mounts bolt right in
2. you need an exhaust I made my first one (pain in the ***) I bought the second one from powerall perfomance they still sell the pipe for this conversion. but today maybe you could use a 400ex headpipe
3. cutting the oil lines to the oil cooler and flaring them and re locating oil cooler to front also other mods that need to be done that I did not mention. The banjo bolt for the oil line going to the head on the right hand side of 350x motor needs to be filed down take about a 1/8 off or it will touch the ex frame on a jump also I had to cut the tube on both bikes from carb to airbox and connect them I installed a piece of pipe with 2 hose clamps between them because the tube will be to short if not, you should look up posts by speedbump he just finished one and posted some pics of work, basiclly you wil need a 350x motor and harness, you will have to make your own oil lines, to relocate oil cooler, buy a pipe from powerall made for this application unless you are a talented fabricator, the head pipe is much different,and hard to fab although speedbump made his own,at the rear of the 350x motor the top mount on the engine itself needs aprox. 1 1/4 in cut off the trick would be to place both motors on the ground next to each other to see what I mean. The oil line where it meets the cylinder head needs to be ground down a little bit ,off a jump the frame will flex and touch if this is not filed about a 1/8 off the face of the banjo bolt, the rear sprocket on the axle will have to be spaced over about 1/8 to 1/4 for proper chain alignment I used washer between hub and sprocket simple fix

ridered86
04-22-2003, 02:36 PM
joeroadking, if you could get some pics maybe, and write up some steps this would be a great post to send to ben for the new and improving tech section.

:)

nismo
04-23-2003, 07:12 AM
here is a site that shows pictures of when someone did theres and at the bottom there is a link to someone else that did a conversion http://users.nlamerica.com/dixiebai/atv/html/250x2.html

Cody_300ex
04-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Powroll has a kit. Includes engine mount spacers, installation instructions, and wiring instructions...for $69.95. And the conversion exhaust system. You can get all your info at this link http://www.powroll.com/honda_trx_250X.htm

CoDy

jaywoodsrider
04-23-2003, 12:52 PM
sweet quads in the link, the rx is awesome

Honda250XRacer
04-23-2003, 02:16 PM
well heres the story for you guys.....well one day i got tired of my 250X being so slow so i was going to put a high compression piston and all this other stuff in it , i have 2 250X's they are both 87's and the one has a 365Stroker from TC and port pollish all that other good **** , but anyhow with the one that wasnt so hot i took it apart , nothing wrong with it , so i got it apart and then decided not to do anthing to it , i put it all back together fired right up but.....BUT ....then i put it in gear and jack**** happened....which is nothing lol it wouldnt even budge , now it's so pathetic it's not even funny ...so now i want to do a 350X conversion but not sure yet , im not exactly on a budget like some of you guys and i would really like to get this motor going but nothing is happing yet ...lol want more info ask for it im getting tired of typing now lol:D

Honda250XRacer
04-23-2003, 03:23 PM
bump this really bite...lol:macho :rolleyes: o well ...hope i can get her going before june lol