PDA

View Full Version : predator

mod300ex
04-21-2003, 09:26 AM
what are the problems the new pred's have? thanks

QuadJunkies
04-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by mod300ex
what are the problems the new pred's have? thanks well, most are experiencing a porbelm with brake drag, and Polaris knows of this and is trying tom come up with the answer on how to correct the problem..Its not a huge issue, but still needs corrected... So far on ours, we have been problem free other than that... ;) Ive seen a few things others have had at the predator forums,and Im sure there will be some ,I know of a few peeps that have had issues,but due to there own stupidity not maintaining like they are suppose to ect.. I bought a 4 year warrenty since this is a new quad,but for far eijoying it and cant wait to get a few mods this summer

RED121572
04-24-2003, 04:43 PM
My chain rattles. Apparently the chain rollers are to blame. My ball joints are junk. The boots are falling off. Theres two pinch bolts on the rear axle. These are the two bolts inwhich you loosen to adjust the chain. Anyhow, one bolt on mine wont torque down, it just keeps tightening down. I had probls with the rear brake dragging for the few few hours I rode it. :rollseyes:

......and the glue from the stickers is a pain in the *** to get off the fenders. :D

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by RED121572
My chain rattles. Apparently the chain rollers are to blame. My ball joints are junk. The boots are falling off. Theres two pinch bolts on the rear axle. These are the two bolts inwhich you loosen to adjust the chain. Anyhow, one bolt on mine wont torque down, it just keeps tightening down. I had probls with the rear brake dragging for the few few hours I rode it. :rollseyes:

......and the glue from the stickers is a pain in the *** to get off the fenders. :D :huh :eek2: not good. You taken it to the dealer yet?that is very normal for your chain, when ran at low RPM's. this quad likes to be rode hard and I have heard the linkage has else been too loose or too tight from the factory .. The brake pad is oin the works on getting fixed,they are trying to come up with an answer for that as we speak.. I am buying a new sprocket for the preadator and a few small mods to pick up sluggish 1st gearTake full advantage of your warrenty...;)

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 04:51 PM
on ething I do agree with.......... the glue is a bee itch to get off the fenders.... :grr

RED121572
04-25-2003, 01:39 AM
I havent taken it in yet. Im waiting to get my honda running so I have something to ride while the Polaris is in for surgery.

:D

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 02:35 AM
I havent taken it in yet. Im waiting to get my honda running so I have something to ride while the Polaris is in for surgery.

:D LOL. Ic, well dont wait too long;) Did you see that Rob over at Predowners.com found a solution to the brake drag? I printed it and Im giving to the dealer today !:D You might mention it to the dealer when you take yours in, cause no one has been able to come up with a solution until now...just thought I would pass it along;)

RED121572
04-25-2003, 03:53 AM
I just got back from taking my honda to the dealer. (they slid the cylinder down on the piston for free....:D )

Anyway, there are not aware of ANY of the probs with the predator, except for the recall on the caliber bolts. They told me that they would keep an ear out for more complaints.

I got an appointment to take mine in soon. Ive also been keeping track of Robs situation. Ive been lucky enough not to have brake probs, although I was blessed with those crappy ball joints. :D

Gonna go ride for a bit before it rains...

Kent

Oh, by the way, I sat on one of those V Forces this morning. If you havent seen one yet, they are huge!! :eek:

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 04:09 AM
I just got back from taking my honda to the dealer. (they slid the cylinder down on the piston for free....:D )

Anyway, there are not aware of ANY of the probs with the predator, except for the recall on the caliber bolts. They told me that they would keep an ear out for more complaints.

I got an appointment to take mine in soon. Ive also been keeping track of Robs situation. Ive been lucky enough not to have brake probs, although I was blessed with those crappy ball joints. :D

Gonna go ride for a bit before it rains...

Kent

Oh, by the way, I sat on one of those V Forces this morning. If you havent seen one yet, they are huge!! :eek: Well, Rob just posted a new finding with the brake Drag and Polaris was contacted about it, it seems the problem has been solved:)

balla250ex
04-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Hey mod300ex, how much did u spend on ur 300. I was lookin at ur signature-GOD!!:eek2:

440exnacsracer
04-30-2003, 04:03 PM
brake problems are the only ones ive expierienced....oh and when i took it up to the dealer for them to look at it, the manager was loading it up on my moms f-250 and hit the gas HARD on the way up the ramps and bent the front part of our bed into the cab:eek2: :huh :grr :mad: $1400 of damage.....hope they take advantage of THEIR WARRANTY....INSURANCE!!!!!

440exnacsracer
04-30-2003, 04:07 PM
oh about those v forces....i saw one at echecconnee, it had dual DMC's.....BADARSE! well it came around the turn after the first lap and MAN was this thing strong....it walked away from BA 250r's, you could tell it was heavy though cause of the body roll and harsh landings.

eagledesigncorp
03-22-2006, 06:03 PM
what was the fix that was found for the front calipers locking up i just picked up a 04 pred about 2 weeks ago and after 1 ride notice it it seems like the calipers are not relaesing after appling the brakes