PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Valves with the Sparks key installed

DESDAK4
04-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Does anyone have any tips for how to do this at all. It has been a long time since I adjusted mine and so I thought I would take a look but I am not sure what to do with the Advaned key in there.

Any help would be great.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

gojk
04-21-2003, 07:48 AM
Take the caps off and rotate the engine till it pushes the intake valves and comes back up( Then I rotate a little more to make sure it isn't on a lobe). Check and set, then move to the exhaust valves the same way.

Doibugu2
04-21-2003, 07:59 AM
I don't know with the advance key in there, but the FAQ has some pretty detailed instructions.

UglyMotha™
04-21-2003, 08:11 AM
just rotate the flywheel to your T mark and then rotate the flywheel another 6 degrees which isn't much and then your at TDC make sure you can wiggle your valves if you can't, rotate it one more time if you can wiggle the valves go ahead and adjust them and your good to go

DESDAK4
04-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the info guys. i have the stuff from the FAQ section printed out I jsut wasn't sure how to go about doing it with the key in there.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

MoparTrav
04-21-2003, 09:20 AM
I know on cars, you can always' pull the sparkplug, and use something soft like a straw to feel when the piston hit's top dead center