PDA

View Full Version : Predator Handling ???

Ryan300exRider
04-21-2003, 02:20 AM
Im thinking about selling my 300ex and investing in a predator. Now the question is im about 5'8" 150 lbs...Do you think it will be a whole different game going from the 300 to the pred....like is it gunna rip my arms off when i ride it because i want a quad with power but a fun ride that i can handle just as easy as my 300 :huh

OCCRA288
04-21-2003, 02:23 AM
I just rode a predator last weekend, To me the Front end was really twitchy. It had ALOT of chain slap. I felt 3rd gear was enough for anything. The shocks felt too stiff in the first third of travel. It's also almost impossible to pop a wheelie on it as well. That can be a good thing and a bad thing.

flaneledholes
04-21-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
I just rode a predator last weekend, To me the Front end was really twitchy. It had ALOT of chain slap. I felt 3rd gear was enough for anything. The shocks felt too stiff in the first third of travel. It's also almost impossible to pop a wheelie on it as well. That can be a good thing and a bad thing.

I have to dissagree. My uncle has a predator, and he has the shocks set all the way down, it is a lil bit rough when jumping, ut thats because of the shocks... He has a WB slip-on, and a K&N fliter.. jetted right, and all I have to say about the thing is 2 thumbs up! grea bike in all areas, it iwll jerk your arms off, power out the ying yang... it has a jerky power band though, if you have never rode a 2 stroke, it will take some getting used to, u even have to rev it up a lil bit to puill out, but polaris has really steped up in the game!

nastynotchback1
04-21-2003, 02:19 PM
the predator is not a 2-stroke.it does tend to get real hairey in the steering when you gas it.with a pipe and air intake it makes awsome power.

04-21-2003, 02:44 PM
the predator is not a 2-stroke.

Correct but the lack of any real bottom end power makes it "feel" like one.

nastynotchback1
04-21-2003, 02:49 PM
your right.it does feel like a 2-stroke

RAPTORAZ
04-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
It's also almost impossible to pop a wheelie on it as well. That can be a good thing and a bad thing.

It's a GOOD thing in sand drags. I had a helluva time catching them this past weekend. They come out of the gate real hard. I'm fighting a wheely with my Rappy while they're pulling away. :grr

Ryan300exRider
04-21-2003, 03:34 PM
what companies make pipes for the predator..... i was thinking the t-4 would be loud as hell because its so loud on the 400ex and this is 100 more cc's.....:p

nastynotchback1
04-22-2003, 09:51 AM
the only one i know about is the polaris pipes which is made by white brothers.it is an e-series i think.

forum
04-22-2003, 12:52 PM
i love how dirtwheels had that thing qouting daryl rath. "its got more hp then my ktm 520" Couple of guys i know called up rathe racing and asked him about that. Hes like : yea well with all our mods its still 10 or so hourses off the ktm but we're getting there. Screw rath. Just for lying im never buying anything from him. just cause hes getting free preds from polaris!

speedy400
04-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by forum
i love how dirtwheels had that thing qouting daryl rath. "its got more hp then my ktm 520" Couple of guys i know called up rathe racing and asked him about that. Hes like : yea well with all our mods its still 10 or so hourses off the ktm but we're getting there. Screw rath. Just for lying im never buying anything from him. just cause hes getting free preds from polaris!
dude, dont diss him that bad unless you really know him, I know a guy that knows him, I guess he's a Really nice guy... I'm guessing you havn't "fibbed" before have you?:rolleyes: ...just asking to give him some slack.-darren