PDA

View Full Version : 250R Trail Machine

ravage3000
04-20-2003, 02:47 PM
How is the 250R on trails, seriously because i need to know. Is the premix a pain in the rump? Where i live Shediac New Brunswick you pretty much ride wide open and go from gas station to gas station. Noise doesnt seem to be much of a problem either, there are guys here with z400's, 400ex's, 300ex's with really noisy pipes. Here you just ride on mainly fire roads, service roads, pipe lines and the only place where the sound is a problem is at the house. So could you guy's/gal's could respond to this thread i would greatly appreciate it.:)

250rpilot
04-20-2003, 03:08 PM
i use mine for trail riding all the time. setup is the key. proper tires, gearing, and pipe are what will make you or break you on the trails.

ravage3000
04-20-2003, 03:10 PM
what would you suggest for pipe and gearing?

mysticfalcon
04-20-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm running 20" razrs and I was very impressed when I went out for the first time on my R yesterday. I really liked them a lot better than the stock 400ex tires I had on my old quad. part of teh could be the R too :) and you might want to do something about cooling for trail riding cause my quad overheated and melted the coolant lines so I had a crappy ride home with no coolant. And I blew teh rear shock when I stopped at teh track. It was a bad day but for its first time out I was very impressed with the R. I find it much more forgiving out on the trails than the old ex.

250rpilot
04-20-2003, 03:28 PM
i am running the esr trx5 pipe and silencer, 22" holeshots xct's, 12/39 gearing. i tested it out for the first time today, and it was great (way better than stock). it is very rocky here, and i wasnt bottoming out all the time like i used to. the gearing makes trail riding possible, but you can still go wide open at a nice pace. if you are ONLY going to be trail riding, i would go with the trx6 pipe from esr, or another type of low end pipe. mine is jut a bit too high coming on the pipe for only trails. i also ride some mx, so i needed a bit of midrange too. good luck!!

mysticfalcon
04-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Ive got the trx6 pipe and love it. Its got a real nice low end but still a good snap at teh powerband

marksuttonjr
05-02-2003, 03:09 AM
Mine does prety good on the trails, but it is running a bit on the rich side so I will need to rejet the carb before I go to trail riding only with it. I run 110 leaded race fule mixed 40:1 with the red bottel of Klotz, so I might try just running pump fuel instead of race fuel to correct this problem. I think I'm running 13/38 but I'm not sure about that it might be 14/38 I would have to look at the sproket to be sure. Curtis Sparks pipe and silencer. 18" tires. So far I've only ridden the quad about 50 miles on trails and around 100 just playing around the field and on the county roads. Only fouled 2 plugs during this time, but like I said it is running rich and you can tell that when you first crack it open.