PDA

View Full Version : Swing arm Carrier, Grease Zerks...

Rip_Tear
04-20-2003, 02:31 PM
I am thinking about putting a grease fitting in my stock carrier, at the point where there is the most room on the carrier, is this okay? And where should I put the hole in my swing arm? I remember someone saying about this but cannot remember what the post was named. Any information would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks!

JOEX
04-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Read this before you do it, specifically Mr. Arnes posts;)
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48491&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Rip_Tear
04-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Okay, what I got from that is:

Basicly not worth putting the hole in because the bearings are sealed and won't actually take the grease, and you could blow your seals out if you pump to much in...

So I just put grease around the carrier bearings? What about the centre of the carrier, dose grease go there too??(I assume so)

What about grease on the swingarm where the carrier goes in..? I take it just a bit to it can come out (white grease?) but not much other wise it can spin to easily and the chain will loosen.

Thanks for all the help! :D

JOEX
04-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Basicly not worth putting the hole in because the bearings are sealed and won't actually take the grease, and you could blow your seals out if you pump to much in...
That is what I ot out of it too.

So I just put grease around the carrier bearings? What about the centre of the carrier, dose grease go there too??(I assume so)
I belive so...I have an aftermarket carrier with a zerk fitting and instructions to grease before installing.:ermm:

What about grease on the swingarm where the carrier goes in..? I take it just a bit to it can come out (white grease?) but not much other wise it can spin to easily and the chain will loosen.
That is what I did at first then I heard to just spray it WD-40. So I took it out, cleaned off the grease and sprayed it.

Thanks for all the help!
I sure hope I did everything right!:eek:

Joe