PDA

View Full Version : Bent R rear shock top bolt with elka shock....

mrusk
04-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Hey guys,
I finally took my newly built R to the track wednesday. It was my first real ride on it. My rear shock would bottom out on the smallest doubles. So i turned the compression to the stiffest possible and it still beat me up. It would bottom alot on jumps that werent really big at all. I have been really sore since wed and it hurt like he11 when i walked. TOday i was washing the bike checking everything over and i realized my top shock bolt was badly bent. Took about 15minutes to get it out. What gives.

What do i do? What other adjustments can i make to the shock besides the compression? Or is my rear shock just screwed up?

matt

trx400ex
04-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Send it back and have them revalve it if you bought it new...it shouldnt be bottoming that easy..

racerx573
04-20-2003, 10:41 AM
I've bent 3 top shock bolts..just get a new one I guess.

mrusk
04-20-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm going to call CD 1st thing in the morning and see what they say. I seriously think there must be something wrong with the shock because these weren't big jumps that i was doing.

matt

lil400exman
04-20-2003, 12:09 PM
sounds like your oil and nitrogen shock level are low get it revalved and buy a new shock bolt maybe have a machince shop make a new one out of a strong alloy.............................:confused:

mrusk
04-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I will call cd tommoro and see what they say. I had the shocks a year but wednesday was my first ride on them. Man there is always something that holds you up or pushes you back.

Sometimes i even think about selling the R and buying a street bike.

matt

lil400exman
04-20-2003, 01:38 PM
dont say that again boy..............................lol:blah :huh

04-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
dont say that again boy..............................lol:blah :huh :eek:

mrusk
04-20-2003, 02:23 PM
After talking it over with my dad, once i fix this rear shock delemia i'm going to sell the bike. The thing is brand new, i know a few guys i may be able to get 8k from for it. Yea 8k seems like alot for a stock frame R, but the guy is looking at buying a raptor. There 6500, so the guy can get a bike that handles 10x better, is faster and more reliable for 1500 more.

With the 8k i'll be able to buy the bike i want suzuki sv650s, all the gear and i need and pay for a years insurance. I'll be set then.

matt

lil400exman
04-20-2003, 02:40 PM
you will regret this man i know u will................................but its ur quad................:( tell him bout exriders man!

04-20-2003, 02:44 PM
I admit it ;) ,,..I sold my first 250R ....to get a 4 stroke not a street bike ,.. beleive or not a DS650 ...:( ..luckily I was able to find THREE more :D :D

mrusk
04-20-2003, 02:48 PM
Naa i won't regret it. I'll have a bike i can ride where ever i want. A bike that i don't have to trailer almost 2 hrs to ride. A bike i don't have to pay 35 bucks to ride at a certain place. A bike that will take pump gas not 4 dollors a gallon 110.

Selling the R will save me more money in the long wrong then i am loosing by selling it.

A bike can get me to work.

matt

forum
04-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by mrusk
Naa i won't regret it. I'll have a bike i can ride where ever i want. A bike that i don't have to trailer almost 2 hrs to ride. A bike i don't have to pay 35 bucks to ride at a certain place. A bike that will take pump gas not 4 dollors a gallon 110.

Selling the R will save me more money in the long wrong then i am loosing by selling it.

A bike can get me to work.

matt

i see your dedicated...