PDA

View Full Version : which pipe to choose for my 250ex

250exguy
04-20-2003, 06:55 AM
please answer the poll

RuffRyder400ex
04-20-2003, 10:32 AM
i think white bros i never had a pipe but everyone says they are the best.

250EXking
04-20-2003, 11:13 AM
i have one on my 250ex and i love. i like the changeable disc system. thats my opinion.

flaneledholes
04-20-2003, 12:13 PM
I am sorry but I have got to vent a little bit, DO A DAMN SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

imaslider74
04-22-2003, 05:33 AM
I own a 250EX with the complete Graydon Proline exhaust. I also purchased the $60 Supertrapp disc spark arrestor from G.P.. When combined with a K&N filter, open top airbox and the 110 main jet, the pipe produced a snappier throttle response. I am glad I was able to use the stock heat shield with the head pipe. The system is too loud for my riding area without the spark arrestor. I also waited 2 months for the pipe direct from Graydon Proline.
My friend still smokes me through the midrange with his 300EX.

If you notice, Graydon Proline has degraded the claimed increase in power to 20% on their website.

QuadTrix6
04-22-2003, 08:59 AM
i think there all good pipes but IMO i like hetricks pipes. the most popular is gonna be white bros but i think there a little to commercial...everyones got em but they are still great pipes

DaveEX7
04-22-2003, 10:57 AM
You shoulda had Big Gun "Race" in there........ JMO

And whatever you do, do not get a PC T-4, cause they are POS.
All they do is make noise, I know this because my friend has a T-4 and he wanted to sell it to me for $25, he was desperate to get rid of it.

But I would pick Big Gun again, along with WB..... both are great comapnies.

Giz400ex
04-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
I am sorry but I have got to vent a little bit, DO A DAMN SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see it if he's been here awhile but 250exguy has only 2 posts and I'm pretty sure he's brand new here!!! possible just joined today:confused: Maybe the guy didn't know that's what he had to do so.....leave him alone!! By the way, if ya need vent??? Do it somewhere else, will ya:grr We really don't want to hear it if ya gonna post something like that:D :D

DaveEX7
04-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
I can see it if he's been here awhile but 250exguy has only 2 posts and I'm pretty sure he's brand new here!!! possible just joined today:confused: Maybe the guy didn't know that's what he had to do so.....leave him alone!! By the way, if ya need vent??? Do it somewhere else, will ya:grr We really don't want to hear it if ya gonna post something like that:D :D

Either hes new or hes one of the famous EX Riders "banned" members tryin to change his identity:eek:

250EXking
04-22-2003, 11:55 AM
anyone have a pic of a hetrick pipe. i have never seen one.

250exguy
04-22-2003, 12:14 PM
go to hetrickracing.com

redroost85
04-22-2003, 02:19 PM
It's not in the poll, but I have the DG X-cellerator full exhaust, no spark arrester. I am sure that there are better exhausts out there, but I got my whole deal for $200. Most people think DG is junk...some stuff leaves a bit to be desired. I have had no problems with my exhaust.....and it puts out a mean *** bark! :devious:

ridered86
04-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85

All they do is make noise, I know this because my friend has a T-4 and he wanted to sell it to me for $25, he was desperate to get rid of it.

they are all great companies however i do not agree with your opinion that the pc-t4 sucks because i have one and the quality is almost unmatched, except for many engine builders pipes, dont get me wrong i think all the pipes have there goods and there bads, just dont spout off about somthing you dont own and have used.

White_Knuckles
04-22-2003, 07:23 PM
"all they do is make noise" ??, Yeah, Procircuit is a bunch of idiots with a huge R&D lab putting noise makers on the market. Sure, that's what they do, sell junk pipes by the thousands.

The T-4 is a quality product and priced right. The $25 value is ridicules. Weak unsupported opinions don't mean a thing. Get the style and price you want. I have the T-4 and can claim value for the dollar is all over it. It's serviceable and came with the spark arrestor. Quick jet and airbox mod and your bike will pull harder low through the mid range. All for under $250. Yeah I'm very unhappy, I think I'll sell my pipe for $25... NOT!

DaveEX7
04-23-2003, 10:52 AM
And before anyone else starts runnin their mouth on me again.... Im statin what I believe about it, and when my friend has said cause hes the actual one that has it on his 250ex.

He says he dont like it, and when I rode his quad the only thing I noticed that was different was the noise nothin really in power.

And ya I was serious about him tryin to sell me the pipe for such a low price cause he wants to geta better one that was once used.

White_Knuckles
04-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Just adding a pipe without supporting mods doesn't make much of a "feelable" difference on 4-strokes.

The Procircuit slip-on is my choice because you can still find a T-4 (old style end cap) for around $214 shipped. The added expense for "full" including headpipe makes little difference and will be missing the heat shield. The stock headpipe is stainless steel and is about 2-4 mm smaller then the aftermarket pipe. This makes for better low-end leaving on the stock. The "full" is for top-end and might yield a 1/2 mile an hour faster top speed before the rev limiter greets you.

Four strokes can use better flow throughout: exhaust, airbox / filter and a couple sizes larger main jet. Pipe shootout dyno readings show minor improvment from brand to brand, slipons against full systems. For around $250 you can add a slip-on, UNI filter some airbox vents (or pull the lid) and a few main jets to experiment with. The guy who spent $500 for a Yoshi full, K&N filter and Dynojet kit will be running side by side with you...but poorer.

DaveEX7
04-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Hey white knuckles..... what differences did you notice when you got your PC T-4??

I was just goin by my friends experiences, not my personal ones, so what do you think of it?

GETSOME
04-23-2003, 01:27 PM
We have the Big Gun full system on the Wife's 250EX. I could feel a 10% increase in power. I really like it. Not ultra loud either. Best bang for the buck is the Powroll big bore and rocker arm kit. My Wife's 250EX makes a stock one look pathetic in a drag.

crazyrider250
04-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Get a White Brothers pipe they are really good but get a jet kit also i recomend dynojet. yoshirma isnt bad either.

2001 250ex
white bros pipe
k&n filter
holeshot all round
dominator bars

born-to-race
04-23-2003, 02:05 PM

I'll buy that pipe for $25 bucks!

DaveEX7
04-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by born-to-race
I'll buy that pipe for $25 bucks!

The T-4, or are you just bustin me about the other pipes ive said b4?

White_Knuckles
04-23-2003, 03:48 PM
SpeedD.., to answer your question about the pipe addition only, I don't know how it ran by itself. I did the project all at once after talking with Procircuit for jetting direction and ordering everything from RockyMountain.

I added the T-4 slip on, UNI filter, opened up the snorkle, installed 4 UNI pop-in filters into the lid and rejetted the main to a 105 (Keihin). Put on 20" rear Holeshots on wide 9" rims and 21" Holeshots on new front off-set rims. Busy Saturday.

That's a pretty major change and it worked well. First and second gear power wheelies, less shifting when climbing, revs quicker and pulls hard. But to be fair the pipe only adds to the combination, by itself it may be barely noticeable. The jetting and airbox mod with any high flow pipe is a must.

I was going to give this bike to my Wife and grab a bigger one, now I'm keeping it and getting her a new 250EX. These are way fun..... now for the Works shocks - ahhhh. I was going for torque not speed, twisty trail ridin' is our thing.

DaveEX7
04-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by White_Knuckles
SpeedD.., to answer your question about the pipe addition only, I don't know how it ran by itself. I did the project all at once after talking with Procircuit for jetting direction and ordering everything from RockyMountain.

I added the T-4 slip on, UNI filter, opened up the snorkle, installed 4 UNI pop-in filters into the lid and rejetted the main to a 105 (Keihin). Put on 20" rear Holeshots on wide 9" rims and 21" Holeshots on new front off-set rims. Busy Saturday.

That's a pretty major change and it worked well. First and second gear power wheelies, less shifting when climbing, revs quicker and pulls hard. But to be fair the pipe only adds to the combination, by itself it may be barely noticeable. The jetting and airbox mod with any high flow pipe is a must.

I was going to give this bike to my Wife and grab a bigger one, now I'm keeping it and getting her a new 250EX. These are way fun..... now for the Works shocks - ahhhh. I was going for torque not speed, twisty trail ridin' is our thing.

So lets say I climb hills in 3rd gear and usually have to shift back down to 2nd usually in the middle of the hill....... would I just be able to go up in second?

When I added my system, I noticed more of a difference in speed, nothin really in climbin.

White_Knuckles
04-24-2003, 12:13 PM
So lets say I climb hills in 3rd gear and usually have to shift back down to 2nd usually in the middle of the hill....... would I just be able to go up in second?

More likely remain in third and pull on up the hill. Steepness being a variable this is not a great example. With the stock machine I would be on a steep twisty bugger in second gear and let off for an obstacal, this would force a downshift to first. Then try to wind out first to shift up again spinning the tires etc. Now I let off in second and then gas her without downshifting and pull the same hill never leaving second - more torque or pulling power. The 20" rears gear the shaft drive buggy down like adding a larger rear sprocket to a chain drive.

"Less shifting" means more of a power range first through third gear. The compromise is less top speed in fifth. Probably 3-5 mph. My 14 year old son can wheelie in second jacking the throttle - (the little 120 lb. weasle)!

priebo15
02-11-2005, 07:15 PM
sorry for resurrecting, but there is no hetrick racing exhaust for a 250ex....

hondarider2006
02-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by RuffRyder400ex
i think white bros i never had a pipe but everyone says they are the best.

White brothers is about the worst quality pipes ever made. I owned one, so I would know. For your 250, look into the HMF:cool:

trX250eXmXr28
02-12-2005, 05:30 PM
duncan fat boy 4 ill swear by it.. ive beat other 250ex's with when all i had was a pipe to pip and the wb e series did nuttin for them. not even the big gun could keep up with the fat boy 4. then i got the big bore kit and now there never in site

heavyd119
02-13-2005, 06:06 AM
graydon proline is the cheapest and it comes with a jet kit. when i feel like spending some more money thats what i am getting.
I went to hetrick racing and i didn't see a pipe for the 250ex. The powroll big bore kit makes a big difference, i'd look to buy that.

FasstMidnightZ
02-13-2005, 08:17 AM
i got a megamaxx for mine but it does what i want it to , which is to stunt because it has alot of low end , but ne wayz i would get the fatboy