View Full Version : need opinions on A-ARMS

hugh jayis
04-20-2003, 06:49 AM
whats up guys? i'm a lifelong mx rider just converted over to ATV about 8 months ago and i'm starting a build up on a TRX250R. what A-ARMS are good and which ones are junk? i've heard a lot of **** about housers. i was prob gonna buy timmyboy designs but i want to get some opinions first. besides being wider, what is the big difference in +2 and +3 arms? do you get more travel out of the +3's? is the turning affected? thanks.

Tommy 17
04-20-2003, 06:56 AM
houser is one of the best a-arms out there...

on a 250r u also want to go +1 forward on the a-arms

how much are u lookin to spend and we can tell u what type of a-arms are in that price range...

Ralph
04-20-2003, 06:58 AM
they are all good.

Houser, Arens, Jd performance, Lone Star, Laeger are all very good.

For a 250r get either +2 +1 foward or +3 or +1 foward

if u have the money i would recomend Long travel(19 inch shocks) with some houser long travel +3 +1 a-arms.

for shocks i would recomend L/T(long travel) Elka Quadrates or Axis L/t quadrates.

if ur on a budget i would say go with pep or tcs and if u have a ton of money get motowoz shocks.

Welcome to the site:muscle:

QuadTrix6
04-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by hugh jayis
i've heard a lot of **** about housers.

i guess your new here :devil

hugh jayis
04-21-2003, 06:33 AM
i'm gonna go with TCS shocks. i know the owner and i can get a pretty sweet deal on them. what do think about timmyboy arms? i got a few friends that race score and grand prix's and they swear by them. i heard that houser has a problem with the upperarms breaking right before the heim joint.

OutlawEX
04-21-2003, 08:33 AM
Id personally go and get Laegers if i had to do it all over again:macho