PDA

View Full Version : new plastic paint

crashinmatt
04-20-2003, 05:17 AM
ok i seen this on tv. its called fusion i think its made by krylon(i already forgot that part). now in not thinkin about doin this, and never have, but i always hear people askin, and i know it flakes off, but this stuff is supposed to not flake. have any of u guys seen this or tried it? just thought id say something about it, and maybe this is something that will work for those people who want to paint there plastic.

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-20-2003, 05:37 AM
Paint plastic? :ermm: I don't care if you use the best paint in the world, its still redneckish to do. New OEM plastic is only $160...just get some new fenders man.

04-20-2003, 05:39 AM
it will look like chit after the first few rides, get new fenders and be much happier

crashinmatt
04-20-2003, 05:40 AM
im not talkin about me usin it, i was just sayin that i hear people askin about paintin plasic, and i seen this stuff on tv and its supposed to hold to plastic, and i was just askin in case anyone knew for the people who want to paint there plastic.

04-20-2003, 02:25 PM
we used it on a old beater trx 250 and it looks good and stuff but it scratches off , better than reg spray paint but its suppose to chemically adhere its self which i dunno about:ermm:

Pvt. Maggot
04-20-2003, 03:25 PM
it stays if you use alot of coats and lots of clean i painted my kx plastic black and it stayed on for along time but i stripped it off with paint stripped cuz i liked green better -shrugs-

Tommy 17
04-20-2003, 04:56 PM
it would probalby work awesome on a dunes or drag quad....

44oEX
04-21-2003, 06:14 AM
this is mine and I just use car paint it holds good if you can keep it on all four tires ( dont flip ) And it is very flexible i can ben it all the way down to the tires.

2k2-300exnj
04-21-2003, 04:06 PM
for a second i thought u had cotton balls in your back tire lmao

44oEX
04-22-2003, 03:31 AM
Sorry to disapoint you but its only snow

KeitherHere
04-22-2003, 09:57 AM
where can u get this paint? i was looking for it not to long ago and i didnt have n e luck? if n e one has n e ideas it would be very helpfull......thanks alot

04-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by KeitherHere
where can u get this paint? i was looking for it not to long ago and i didnt have n e luck? if n e one has n e ideas it would be very helpfull......thanks alot

key word here is PAINT.....dont do it....no matter how durable they say the paint realy is...or how much it can flew..think about it...it wont stand up the beating a quad can dish out

KeitherHere
04-22-2003, 12:12 PM
that maybe true but still man i want to try it bc im getting new plastics n e way. so if u could i would like to know a place to get it? thanks again

Stevie-D
04-22-2003, 02:44 PM
ive heard of that stuff. (even made a thread about it, but got no replies:mad: ) anyway, its supposed to "fuse" to the plastic. ill have to get some, spray some old plastic chair or something to see if it works or if its BS

crazybuffalo
04-22-2003, 03:01 PM
this is mine and I just use car paint it holds good if you can keep it on all four tires ( dont flip ) And it is very flexible i can ben it all the way down to the tires.
yeah i did it the same way did you use a bonding agent?
we did, it was for fiber glass and works good until you break your plastics.

JLanphear
04-23-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
key word here is PAINT.....dont do it....no matter how durable they say the paint realy is...or how much it can flew..think about it...it wont stand up the beating a quad can dish out

Actually....I felt the same way until I saw a friends quad that he had professionaly painted. It looks great and he rides it hard. He's got a late model Yamaha Grizzly and it's his trail quad...you deffinatly don't see him babying it. The paint looks like brand new and it's been on there for over a year.

BUT.....

I wouldn't do it to the EX because the plastic is sooooo cheap. His grizzly was the Silver LE model and I guess the silver started flaking off right after he got it. He put quite a bit of cash into his paint job, but new plastics for it probably would have cost more.

-Josh

KeitherHere
04-23-2003, 07:44 AM
yea i want to try it on old plastics also.....but do any of u guys no where to get it?

JLanphear
04-23-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by KeitherHere
yea i want to try it on old plastics also.....but do any of u guys no where to get it?

The guy that I know who had it done, brought his to an auto shop. They used a gun on it with automotive paint with a special flex additive. There are multiple coats of that and tons of clear coat if I remember right. Here are some shots of it. I am suprised how long it's stayed nice...

http://www.ncaa-inc.com/readerpics/Jerry4.jpg

http://www.ncaa-inc.com/readerpics/Jerry5.jpg

and yeah it gets used...

http://www.ncaa-inc.com/ncaapictures/3-2003-16.JPG