PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh_t

shook
12-23-2001, 09:30 PM
I just put a Eddie Sanders racing motor on my 250r 310 cc big bore Eddie Sanders pipe and CR250 reeds and intake boot with a 39mm pwk carb that ESR modified a little you wouldnt believe how fast it is its almost too much I ran it against my 400ex with the xr400 cam and hi comp piston along with a fcr wb pipe by third gear the 250r was 5 bikes in front and still pulling away this thing is incredible I would highly recommend this set up tell esr you want the set up that the guy Larry from hearth & patio shoppe has you wont be disapointed jsut tell them to send you a seat belt to youll need that to stay on the bike we gps'd it to day at 77mph with stock 250r gearing it was so fast down a dirt road that you could never hold it out to get a real top speed it took up all of the road it felt like I was in a hair scrambler race the road didnt feel wide enough for the quad felt like the front tires were hanging off the road I believe I over did it way to much for a motor cross track,if you want fun its highly recommended scary fast

12-23-2001, 09:51 PM
thats awsome man can you give me a price on wht all was done... if you don't want to post it up here can you pm me.. i am interested in it thanks toby

beerock
12-23-2001, 11:08 PM
My bike hangs with a esr 310kit, there kit is great for a big power boost, but the power band is completely unuseable for a track. its all top end. the ct330 on the other hand has power all around.

Either kit I am sure is tuneable for mx with the right combination of reedvalve, pipe, muffler, porting job ETC

400exdad
12-24-2001, 12:36 PM
My friend just got the same setup from ESR for his R. He got the CR250 ignition along with the take-off carb (CR250, I think), ESR exhaust and 310 kit all from ESR. He says Eddie has done him right. The first cylinder had some bad casting on the outside water jacket and Eddie really took care of his customer. He sent him a new one before my friend sent that bad one back. I've ridden it some and while its not 4 stroke grunt it has a gob more torque than before. I can't wait to ride it when he gets the jetting right!!! My friend is very pleased with ESR!:eek: