PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know anything about Manco Dingos?

heavy_d
04-20-2003, 01:37 AM
I have a 1993 Manco Dingo 9hp Briggs and Straton and it does 40 mph, but i want more speed and power, i love when your that close to the ground and going fast, anyway I wanted to do something with the governor under the gas tank or by the carbuerator, but when you slip the arm off that goes to the governor the throttle doesn't move because it all works together, then i tried just adjusting the governor, but then the Dingo went nuts and it was screamin, gladly I had it up on a jack so it just didn't fly away, i was wondering how i can i get rid of the governor or adjust the governor and have the throttle working and not having engine reving right when you start it up

heavy_d
04-20-2003, 05:35 AM
anybody, i could use a suggestion please, something to give this thing a lil more power:D

Narly R
04-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Well I use to have a Monco sumthin or another! 5 horse 2 seater, that thing was a scrapper, let me tell ya what!!! 25-30 MPH top end WOW!:eek2: Anyways, Iv heard people say remove the govener, maybe you have to re-set the idle or sumthin on the carb, if you re-move it?? Does it have a air box? You could re-move that and get a bigger get or sumthin??? Or take the baffel out too(if it has one, bjut I dont know if it has one?!:confused:

Glow Plug
04-20-2003, 09:10 AM
bigger sproket? weight reduction lol, bigger engine ( i think a honda 20hp would do it lol :D )

Krazy Kid
04-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
bigger sproket? weight reduction lol, bigger engine ( i think a honda 20hp would do it lol :D )

i agree........honda 20 horse.....o btw i got one for sale:D honda 20 horse v twin:eek: lol but im not sure what you could do to it other than like a bigger sproket or somethin.....a lil nos wouldt hurt either
:p :blah

Glow Plug
04-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Krazy Kid
i agree........honda 20 horse.....o btw i got one for sale:D honda 20 horse v twin:eek: lol but im not sure what you could do to it other than like a bigger sproket or somethin.....a lil nos wouldt hurt either
:p :blah

:eek2: hey how about we kill our selves in the process to lol, nnaaa it would be awsoem i think you would need to upgrade the suspension just a tiny bit.

HUUUUMMMMMM projet go cart :D - honda 20horse v twin some nos or NAAAAWWWWSSSS lol, custom suspension, hipers, 12 inches of travel, 6 ponit racing harness, full roll cage, racing bucket seat, razr tires muhahahah :eek:

ex kid
04-20-2003, 12:20 PM
i used to have a 5 horse. nice machine just wasn't ment for what i did with it. i went through two sets of tires,had to COMPLETLEY rebuild the torque converter,two new tie rods,and about 20 drive belts. fun machine tho. i don't know how to make it faster other than get rid of the governer. my dad's friend did it on his and it was alot faster. i would put a bigger motor on it or mess with the gearing and put a set of like 20 inch holeshots or turf tamers would be cool

heavy_d
04-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
:eek2: hey how about we kill our selves in the process to lol, nnaaa it would be awsoem i think you would need to upgrade the suspension just a tiny bit.

HUUUUMMMMMM projet go cart :D - honda 20horse v twin some nos or NAAAAWWWWSSSS lol, custom suspension, hipers, 12 inches of travel, 6 ponit racing harness, full roll cage, racing bucket seat, razr tires muhahahah :eek:

yeah needs a lil suspension upgrade since it doesn't have any lol, you get the s#!t knocked out of you like it is now , but i was thinking of a pilot 400 2 stroke if that be easily fabricated and found somewhere because there kinda rare, well the odyssey 350 weighs 605lbs and the pilot must weigh a lil more than that and my dingo weighs 450lbs so that should move it along pretty nicely :devil

stupid driver
07-21-2003, 04:14 PM
i took the govornor on mine clear off. i had to adjust it to keep it from takin off when i started it. i took the air box off too, and secured the filter w/ a few screws. those dingo's haul @$$

Z400sTyLe
07-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Hahaha! A Dingo by MANCO!!!

That was my first vehical!!! The thing would not run for crap in the winter when I got it for Christmas as a kid, I was bummed I wanted to powerslide it in the snow!

Then the neighbor girl who was "dating" at the time didn't know the differance between the gas and brake and drilled the fence behind our house! :eek2: She kept it floored the whole time EVEN AFTER IT HIT!!! :grr: Well that made short work of her "allowance" for a month or three to pay her dad back...lol Bent my front end ALL up. Oh yeah, she was OK I found out.... after I yelled at her over, and over, and over and.... lol

Oh yeah....your mods... Umm get an K&N or something you can rig up to get more air in, port and polish the thing, and make a littel bigger exhaust, a shop could do that cheap. Try to gear it too "were they belt or chain?" I forget... If you cant gear it just get taller back tires.

Have fun!

heavy_d
07-22-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Z400sTyLe
Hahaha! A Dingo by MANCO!!!

That was my first vehical!!! The thing would not run for crap in the winter when I got it for Christmas as a kid, I was bummed I wanted to powerslide it in the snow!

Then the neighbor girl who was "dating" at the time didn't know the differance between the gas and brake and drilled the fence behind our house! :eek2: She kept it floored the whole time EVEN AFTER IT HIT!!! :grr: Well that made short work of her "allowance" for a month or three to pay her dad back...lol Bent my front end ALL up. Oh yeah, she was OK I found out.... after I yelled at her over, and over, and over and.... lol

Oh yeah....your mods... Umm get an K&N or something you can rig up to get more air in, port and polish the thing, and make a littel bigger exhaust, a shop could do that cheap. Try to gear it too "were they belt or chain?" I forget... If you cant gear it just get taller back tires.

Have fun!

there ok in the snow when its like an inch deep and you have to keep your throttle cable lubed by the petal in the winter or it will stick wide open on occasion, the briggs is still purring after 10 years of boucing around now, it is a chain and a torque converter, i need to get a new torque converter

KrazyKid300ex
07-22-2003, 02:13 AM
i had a manco 1 seater thing. it did not have an live axle. it had stub axles. 1 wheel drive! not offroad machine just street.but anyways we bent our governor into a zigzag. because mine was straight so i took pliers and bent it. it is higher maintance when you do that because the engine runs hotter and high rev. changed oil quiet a bit. anyway we clocked 37mph on a 5hp briggs

raptorrider4829
08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
alright guys let me help u out i have a 8 horse that runs 50 so im sure he can get alot!! more power out of the 9 horse all u will have to do is re run the throtal cable that way when u give it full throtal it will not jump back and make u only run low rpm but if that dont work try takin the side plate off the motor and there might be somthing in there to it all depends o and try running a straight pipe .. changin the air filter more than likley wouldnt make to much of a differnce sense it has a govner maybe after u take it out it might but im not sure. after u slip the arms off on the govner and stuff when u re run the throtal u may have to make a new arm out of wire so that it will hold it full throtal just complete by pass the govner stuff..

take advise from the 15yr i built my kart and mesed with the motor... i no wat im talkin about

raptorrider4829
08-11-2005, 07:55 PM
[you can email me anytime for questions

2004exrider
08-11-2005, 08:24 PM
ya just brought back a 2 yr old thread!!!:)

Jimmy

08-11-2005, 08:26 PM
hahaha! i had a dingo-we took the govener off and it really flew- If it had suspension i would probably still have it:(

trick450r
08-12-2005, 07:18 AM
at the southwick neatv race someone was selling a complete twin cylinder 340 snow modile motor for like $50 or sumthing...i wanted it SOOOO bad but i have nothing to put it in....that would be perfect for your kart