PDA

View Full Version : Cutting plastics

250EXking
04-20-2003, 01:03 AM
i want to cut the plastics on my 250ex. is it worth it. i know if i dont like it i can get another set. i want to but what are some opinons on it. and if i do how far. can i see some pics of some bikes with the cut plastics. thx

AndrewRRR
04-20-2003, 10:41 AM
I think they look better with the fenders cut if you do it right. The hardest part is just laying out the lines the way you like them, acutal cutting is easy. If you ride in mud a lot I wouldn't do it, you'll get sprayed with mud constantly. There is a reason GNCC racers don't cut their fenders.

Chanman420q
04-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
There is a reason GNCC racers don't cut their fenders.

everyone says that ur gunna get mud on you anyways... but notice how only MX cut there fendors and not GNCC racers... maybe those fendors do more than u think

04-20-2003, 10:54 AM
thats right, cut fenders do a lot more than just add looks, less win resistance, if you hit a prety good sized jump witht he wind blowing at you, the fron end will come up if you have fenders, but cut fenders=less wind resistance...also on some jumps you ahve to work hard to get the front end down, and cutting fenders makes it easier to do so also

250EXking
04-20-2003, 11:04 AM
i dont go muddin on purpose. but yeah i will always find some so you think i should cut them. i get hosed most of the time anyway when i go riding so it doenst matter. any one got pics of 250ex's with cut plastics.

Sportrax10
04-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 250EXking
i dont go muddin on purpose. but yeah i will always find some so you think i should cut them. i get hosed most of the time anyway when i go riding so it doenst matter. any one got pics of 250ex's with cut plastics.
I wouldnt recomend it if you ride anywhere near mud. You probably dont have to worry abour wind resisntance being a problem for you either. Looks is the only reason and its hard to get the 250ex fenders cut good. Theres a thread in the Open forum about 250ex's. Some of them have cut fenders. You should cheak it out.

AndrewRRR
04-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah, imagine getting roosted in the face with mud evertime you turn your wheels! I wouldn't have cut mine if i rode in mud at all.

04-20-2003, 04:39 PM
i never get any mud kickin off mine, i wouldnt shave on a 250ex tho just not worth it and it willc ut the resale value

250EXking
04-21-2003, 12:06 PM
thx, looks like i wont cut em. just wait till i get my 400. :D