PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Clutch Kit ???s

Castor-426ex
04-19-2003, 06:46 PM
I just installed the sparks 8 plate clutch kit in my 426

after getting it all back together...i test rode it and it shifts very hard...and when im sitting in neutral...it wont go into any other gear...even if i rev it...i have to let the clutch out and then if i try itll change gears

By shifting hard i mean It takes more effort to shift than it did before...and you can def hear it shift

Is this normal?...i went by the book on assembly with this thing
i did however break one of the bolts that compresses the springs
it was an easy fix however

so now im curious if i made the right decision with this clutch
or my bike is becoming a total pos...i take care of it...and im getting tired of pouring money into it

any suggestions appreciated

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-20-2003, 04:21 AM
It is not a problem with the clutch nor the instillation, You just need to adjust it sound like it is draging to much free play in the clutch cable..

04-20-2003, 04:31 AM
did you get a hinson basket and inner hub, if so did everything install up real easy, i fried my clutch the other day and im gettin a complete hinson setup(basket, pressure plate, inner hub) and im wondering whether or not to get the sparks 8 plate setup, or just order 8 oem fibers and 7 oem steel and order sparks heavier springs

Castor-426ex
04-20-2003, 04:34 AM
i didnt get the hinson cause im stupid i guess...lol broke too

same meaning i think its the adjustment if not...lol

ill be getting a hinson basket

:D

04-20-2003, 04:39 AM
so an 8 plate setup will work with the stock basket and hub...i did not know this, o well, im still getting he hinson i ahve no choice, my basket and hub both have grooves in them from the plates and the steel discs, and i figured i might as well get the pressure plate while im at it so i know my clutch will be solid

Castor-426ex
04-20-2003, 04:42 AM
it all fit well and from what i rode...it def pulls alot better

my stock fibers were ok but the steels were thinning

04-20-2003, 04:46 AM
ok, but one thing though, i keep hearing different things, like the hinson basket is made specialy for OEM plates, but people are telling me thqat its recomended with a sparks clutch kit, and if i get OEM kit il be happier or something, i realy need someone to clraify whats best with the hinson products

Castor-426ex
04-20-2003, 10:08 AM
at my first oppurtunity im gettin a hinson set up