PDA

View Full Version : Played in some nice sand today for the first time in life!!

HiperEX
04-19-2003, 12:51 PM
i took my ex to my uncles farm and they have a good sized sand part in his pasture about 3-5 acres and man it was a ton of fun nice steep hill, was nice throwing big roosts goin up it man the sand just flys it was alot of fun i will for sure do it again just wish i lived closer to teh dunes, my razrs worked pretty good for how steep the sand hill was man i tell ya whoever hasnt ridden in sand it is real fun and u should try and get a chance in yer life to get out to a dune

CHAUNCY
04-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Sounds like a fun day of riding;)

Honda4trax250x
04-19-2003, 01:02 PM
im jealous:grr

kawasaki_ridah
04-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
im jealous:grr

me 2!

CHAUNCY
04-19-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
me 2!

Im with you 2 too!

QuAdRaCeR244
04-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
me 2!

me 3:D

CBW
04-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Sand is a blast. I went out to the oregon dunes for sandfest 2000, but didnt get to ride all that much cause the kids were so young, then last year i went to some dunes in Moab/Greenriver Utah about 4 Hrs from me, not huge dunes,,,not glamis,,,,,,but none the less its fun.

Now im hooked.,,,,,,,,and its all i really want to ride:D

SpeedBump
04-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know the closest place to check out some sand? I live in central PA. Bout 2hrs from Pittsburgh, PA. BTW....nice 250R, CBW. (I like the 86 350X billet center wheels :D )

Jellyrolls
04-19-2003, 02:43 PM
omfg cbw...that is a great ride

CBW
04-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
....nice 250R, CBW. (I like the 86 350X billet center wheels :D )

I thought they would look nice. They need some cleaning up, and my tires need put on the right way.........really gives you a lot of confidence in a ATV shop that cant even put paddlse on the correct way when is says LEFT and RIGHT on the tires.........:confused2 LOL. Anyhow they worked ok,,,,,,,it just looks funny.

Here is an updated pic..........Includes LSR a arms, ESR billet motor mounts, and RPM axle, trail tires,,,and i stripped the powdercoat off the stator and clutch cases and polished them..........Tried a TRERRYCABLE throttle today,,,,,but coulnt quite get it dialed in......so maybe later....and i also want to get a billet waterpump cover from ESR next week,,,,,,,...

Sorry for the long post....i got carried away.....:o:ermm:

CHAUNCY
04-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by CBW
I thought they would look nice. They need some cleaning up, and my tires need put on the right way.........really gives you a lot of confidence in a ATV shop that cant even put paddlse on the correct way when is says LEFT and RIGHT on the tires.........:confused2 LOL. Anyhow they worked ok,,,,,,,it just looks funny.

Sounds like the shops around here:rolleyes:

CBW
04-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
(I like the 86 350X billet center wheels :D )

They belonged to this,,,,,,i sold it a while back to a member here.

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........dont tell him i kept the original wheels.......:eek2: :p

QuadJunkies
04-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by CBW
Sand is a blast. I went out to the oregon dunes for sandfest 2000, but didnt get to ride all that much cause the kids were so young, then last year i went to some dunes in Moab/Greenriver Utah about 4 Hrs from me, not huge dunes,,,not glamis,,,,,,but none the less its fun.

Now im hooked.,,,,,,,,and its all i really want to ride:D I know thew feeling, nothing like riding sand, I cant wait for my duning trip in July. BTW, how was the ridnig in Utah?? We had a frined that went to St. A's last wk and he watched a gut jump to his death on a DS :( jumped a razor I think he said, and nothing was on the other side...CBW nice pics......;)

CBW
04-20-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I know thew feeling, nothing like riding sand, I cant wait for my duning trip in July. BTW, how was the ridnig in Utah?? We had a frined that went to St. A's last wk and he watched a gut jump to his death on a DS :( jumped a razor I think he said, and nothing was on the other side...CBW nice pics......;)

The only place in Utah i have been is Whitewash Dunes..Here is a picture. They dont look big at all in the pic,,,,,,,cause of the distance..

thats sad abot that person you mentioned........if there is one thing i learned is .......ALWAYS look before jumping in the dunes.

CBW
04-20-2003, 02:20 AM
Here is where we camped,,,and the kids can play in the wash..,thats my boy on his 50.....he cant wait to go back with his new 80 :D...( our camp is the one with the cabover camper on top)

Its a great place cause it is rarely crowded.............