PDA

View Full Version : Where did my sixth gear go

Mr. Sandman
04-19-2003, 12:48 PM
I have a 02 yamaha blaster and i have a major problem with it. All the gears work fine and it runs good but when i hit 6th gear it isnt there. When i hit 6th gear it's like hitting neutral the throttle doesnt respond. I'm preety sure that i just need to pull out the gears and look a them and just put them back in and see what happens. The problem started recenty like 2 or three weeks ago i think. im just wondering if i can get any info before i rip it apart

TRX_Thumper
04-19-2003, 01:01 PM
hm not heard of that problem before on blasters...i guess pull the sidecases off make sure the shift forks are ligned up might wanna buy a clymer or haynes repair manual

DoPeExRiDeR20
04-19-2003, 01:52 PM
what more can i say except............ YAMATARDED

I did know they made blaster"EX"'s?????

Elmo on PCP
04-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Dude why are you being such a ***** lay the fuc off. The guy posted asking for help, not expecting so 13 year old to give his own 1 sided personal opion.
Any how i honestly dont know whats wrong with yer clutch, possibly some kina metal or fiber shaveings got between the plates good luck bro

DoPeExRiDeR20
04-19-2003, 02:10 PM
sry dudes i was just playing with you.... if i knew anythign about yamaha's id try to help... but good luck...

toby400ex
04-19-2003, 03:26 PM
I've heard of quite a few people going through some trannys on their blasters before they finally get rid of them, tough luck dude, it will prolly be simple though.

Mr. Sandman
04-20-2003, 07:22 AM
ya actually i am thirteen and i have been finding little metal chips in my oil as i change it ive been changing it alot lately and its not goin away i think theres somthing grindin. we just went on a ridin trip in michigan and i couldnt take my blaster because it was messed so i got to ride a BADASS!!! 400ex and now that i've proven to be worthy of one and that i can ride one were gonna fix my ****ty blaster and then im gettin a 400 and after that im done with yamahas (well etleast 4 wheeled yamahas but im still gonna ride my 125)

Sportrax10
04-20-2003, 08:43 AM
I see a lot of Blasters being parted out.(I think we have some in our For sale section) You could probably get some parts from them to fix yours.

ROGERS
04-20-2003, 09:19 AM
I have had similar problems. I seem to have misplaced the sixth gear on my 400ex. Can't find it anywhere.:blah

Sporttrax400ex
04-20-2003, 10:11 AM
No idea:confused:

Mr. Sandman
04-21-2003, 05:48 AM
rogers hahahahahahahahah:D

UglyMotha™
04-21-2003, 06:02 AM
when i loose somthing i always try to back track:o

airheadedduner
04-21-2003, 06:07 AM
On my R the engagement cogs on the mainshaft got worn and I lost 6th gear. The tranny was together right but it would not engage 6th unless I was going downhill and I bearly touched the throttle. As soon as I hit the throttle it disengaged and made a lot of noise. On a bike that new I can't believe that would happen already. What oil where you using??

OutlawEX
04-21-2003, 08:27 AM
It might be ur shifting Drum...Back in the day when i had a blaster my 3rd gear acted like a neutral and here it was the shifting drum sprocket came loose,so i bought a new shifting drum for like 50 bux,good luck;)

Mr. Sandman
05-16-2003, 05:04 PM
it as actually that my sixth gear wasnt meshing right and they started to grind and my ixth gear is rounded. thats pricey but i uess its well worth it because were fixing it and sellin it and then im getting my dads z400 andmy dad is gettin the polaris predator. i dont get it my dad doesnt ride with me when i ask him because he says hes old but then hes still young enough to go out and buy one of the baddest 4 wheelers on the market. hes only 42 but he is sporting some metal plates in his neck and back so maybe thats whay he takes it asy