PDA

View Full Version : Canondale Quad

seven
04-19-2003, 11:56 AM
I got to ride a 02 canondale quad today and I really liked it. It is a speed with the ohlins shocks. Almost new and they want 4200$.
I cant decide to buy it or not. If they were still in buisness it would be mine. I have a mx prepped R right now and I am wanting to go to a four stroke. I am mostly worried about getting parts for it such as seals and stuff like that. Any oppinions?

CHAUNCY
04-19-2003, 12:08 PM
I think you will always be able to get parts but they may be harder to find and cost more. If I were in your shoes I would probably keep the R just because I like 2 stroke but if you want a 4 stroke I guess it might be worth it.:ermm:

seven
04-19-2003, 12:50 PM
I want to get a four stroke becouse they are easier to ride and better when you go camping. I do spend most of my riding time on a mx track though. And the more i ride one with electric start the more I like it:D

CHAUNCY
04-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by seven
I want to get a four stroke becouse they are easier to ride and better when you go camping. I do spend most of my riding time on a mx track though. And the more i ride one with electric start the more I like it:D

Yeah, its nice to push a buton and it will start. Technology:cool:

Honda4trax250x
04-19-2003, 01:01 PM
i would stick with the R if i were u

QuadJunkies
04-20-2003, 04:45 AM
I got to ride a 02 canondale quad today and I really liked it. It is a speed with the ohlins shocks. Almost new and they want 4200$.
I cant decide to buy it or not. If they were still in buisness it would be mine. I have a mx prepped R right now and I am wanting to go to a four stroke. I am mostly worried about getting parts for it such as seals and stuff like that. Any oppinions? Troy told me about the Cdale:eek: All I can saay is that is one heck on a price!!! This is what Troy debated on when thoughts of a Cdale came to mind,then being out of the business made us a lilttle leary .. I think the Cdale is an awesome machine for sure ,but as you probably already know, its a bit of a a foreign machine around here, not too many people know much about them here,and the closest dealer is up by Rexburg(racing station here dont know much here locally) thats a tough one to answer, it would be cool to see a Dale aroung here though...... hehe just dont let Troy see it, or he may steal from ya!!:p :blah :D

seven
04-20-2003, 05:59 AM
I think I will hold off from a canondale. They have no resale value right now. Quads tend to break on the mx track and with no place to buy parts I would be screwed. But it is one nice quad! Aalso i have heard rumors of the wr450 put in a quad chasis, So if that happens i will get one of those.

rdmex
04-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Damn, I wish i sold my banshee, I would buy that c-dale for that price in a second!!!

QuadJunkies
04-20-2003, 07:37 AM
I think I will hold off from a canondale. They have no resale value right now. Quads tend to break on the mx track and with no place to buy parts I would be screwed. But it is one nice quad! Aalso i have heard rumors of the wr450 put in a quad chasis, So if that happens i will get one of those. As much as I would like to see someone I know arond here have one, I think its a smart move for now....;)