PDA

View Full Version : easy engine question

Daredevil1
04-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey, I have a question that anybody who has a manual will probably be able to help me out with ( i havent bought one yet for the ex). I was going to polish my side case cover tonight (left/magneto cover) and I took off the cover for the starter gears and saw a little channel in the bottom that looks like it allows oil to get to the starter gears. If I pull off the rest of this whole cover will any oil come spilling out on me? If you guys could, would you please give me some instructions on removing the starter along with the rest of the cover? Thanks a lot, all the dealers are closed or I would go buy a manual tonight.

04-19-2003, 11:51 AM
yes, oil will come out, drain the oil before you take the case cover off, and for the starter gears, take the starter cover off and just pull the gear out alond with the spacer and the rod, then the cover should come right off, after you have drained the oil oil will still leak out of the engine once you take the case cover off, just put an oil drain or a bucket enderneath to catch all the oil