PDA

View Full Version : major problem and i am mad...

Tommy 17
12-23-2001, 06:28 PM
ok i just found out today district 5 is supposibly running a stock and mod clase next year in the 4-strokes, well i have all these engine mods now and stuff and i am gonna get smoked bc theres goin to be legars or walsh or lsr bikes out there too. my friend told me this and he is keepin his bike stock now so i am gonna be the only one in it... someone plz tell me this ain't true... i dunno what i am gonna do i will never get my a-arms and stuff this year... this is bull... sry i have to vent my anger...

mitty_ex
12-23-2001, 06:35 PM
I heard the same thing man.

Tommy 17
12-23-2001, 07:36 PM
thats not the answer i wanted to hear haha o well looks like i gotta step up my skillz now...

Chef
12-23-2001, 08:50 PM
well, looks like you gotta step up your skillz now...

Feel better? lol

12-24-2001, 08:39 AM
I'd ask what they mean exactly by mod class....heck just tell em you aint got no motor work done,,,what are they gonna do,,pull the head off and measure your bore???? I"d look into that a little deeper and ask a lot of questions,,don't get bent out of shape yet..

Tommy 17
12-24-2001, 09:37 AM
so far this is what they told me u can have any type of chassy mod u want arms, shock, lines, axles, anything but u can't have a pipe or motor mod... rico i wish it would be that easy but my motor has stamps on it from the guy in the side of my motor and on the top it says gp for grubling perf... so i will be busted in 2 mins... i am goin to cernics in about 10 mins to check this out....

12-24-2001, 09:49 AM
Sounds like you betta get to the track and start practicing then..:D

trx400ex
12-24-2001, 07:14 PM
buy a spare engine :confused: , thats alot of money though, then you could have gotten the chassis mods, i went chassis first, but im not happy with what i did,,,,:rolleyes:

practice every day and get some wheel spacers:blah

400exRacerX
12-24-2001, 07:38 PM
Are you serious Tommy? I am going to be racing district 5 this year too,,,,,,,,,damn looks like I'll be racing district 6 now. I meen I got all the chassis mods, arms, axle, lines, shocks, and a modified frame. But it aint no lsr, walsh, or lobo chassis. I'll have to think about if I'll race district 5 mod class, although it is 80% rider 20% machine.

Tommy 17
12-24-2001, 08:55 PM
well norm i think we are just goin to have to take our hits bc i am gonna race it theres nuttin i can do and i think it will be fun... hey it will make me push harder... we will do fine just keep our heads straight... and i will have u 2 push me bc i will die b4 i lose to u haha;)

12-25-2001, 09:19 PM
i'll come out and give you a push off the gate ...lol... dang that sucks though for real... are they or do they already have this for the 2 stroke class?.... thanks toby.. ohh and is there going to be a 250 a, b, c calss?... the races i went to there weren't eneough 2-strokes to have seperate classed..thanks again toby

12-25-2001, 09:55 PM
So what if they smoke you watch them and learn from them
thats what i do on the track
i watch everything and i dont get mad
i suck on the big doubles but i have talked to many pro riders and they have helped me to increase my freestyle ability

if you do get beat down and you know you will
go out on the track heads high do the best you can
and learn from people who are better and faster

Tommy 17
12-25-2001, 10:55 PM
toby i dunno for sure yet if its just 4-stroke or 2 stroke i will tell yinz soon as i hear from jeff hes in hawaii right now till the 5th...

top gun i know exactly what u mean i have raced b4 and i will just keep my head high take my beatings and move on... i think the mod clase will be fun alot faster:D :D plus we will go off the gate first i bet so that means a open corse ahead wit no slow stock riders to bump into and smash while trying to get ahead of them... :D :D

400exRacerX
12-25-2001, 11:03 PM
The AMA has been going crazy changing rules for the 2002 season.

12-26-2001, 09:30 AM
Well I get nervous before races myself and the one thing I tell myself to ease the pain is,,,,,remember your out here for fun and if ya push yourself past your limits your gonna get hurt and not ride for a long time. Which is better riding and coming in 3rd or watching everyone from the stands with a brokin arm or leg..it's all in good fun,,remember that.

Tommy 17
12-26-2001, 10:10 AM
When we use to race in the morning b4 practice u would see everyone from my pits sick to their stomach throwing up and stuff bc they were so nervous i never did but everyone else did... i was pretty calm till the 30 second board got up then i was starting to feel it and buy the time the 15 sec was up i was shakin so bad at times i could here my bike trottle goin up and down... best thing to do is don't push bc if u do ur bound to get hurt...