PDA

View Full Version : My YZF/400ex conversion pipe

OutlawEX
04-19-2003, 05:05 AM
Well i came home today and there was my Ceramic coated exhauast for my conversion..I been waiting for about 2 and a half months for it with a price tag of $470 shipped to my door from power pro's..They make all of CT,Trinity,graydon and few other companys products such as what i got.The silencer may need cut about 1-2 inches so it aint to long,but it looks ok to me but im open for honest opnions..But i would like to thank Adam Sick for making it possible to get the exhuast.Enjoy;)

OutlawEX
04-19-2003, 05:07 AM
another with out fenders

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-19-2003, 05:31 AM
Piece of crap :devil

toby400ex
04-19-2003, 08:31 AM
way so sweetness

04-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Piece of crap :devil

POS:macho

Mxbubs
04-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Outlaw, I had the SAME problem with mine.....It too came from Adam Sick......If they put a strap on the silencer to hold it and not an aluminum bracket, they shafted you. I had to cut my aluminum bracket off and move it back 3/4". I took a rectangle piece of carbon steel and welded it to the bottom bracket, and drilled a hole in it....

Also, where your silencer mounts onto the pipe, is it pop riveted in place? If so, I HIGHLY suggest take some short self tapping metal screws and drill them in around the rivets...The rivets will pop out.

Ill get pics of mine in a few days.

OutlawEX
04-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Outlaw, I had the SAME problem with mine.....It too came from Adam Sick......If they put a strap on the silencer to hold it and not an aluminum bracket, they shafted you. I had to cut my aluminum bracket off and move it back 3/4". I took a rectangle piece of carbon steel and welded it to the bottom bracket, and drilled a hole in it....

Also, where your silencer mounts onto the pipe, is it pop riveted in place? If so, I HIGHLY suggest take some short self tapping metal screws and drill them in around the rivets...The rivets will pop out.

Ill get pics of mine in a few days.

Na MX,they sent a alumminum bracket that is adjustible i just simply move it back and forth to where i want it...I think its suppose to mount to the grab bar bracket have not really messed with it to much yet..My brackets are all welded besides the one u see rapped around the silncer like i said its adjustible just slide in place and tighten...It looks a bit differnt than urs MXbubs ,urs seemed to look a bbit longer than mine,and i have not even cut it,i dont know if it needs to be