PDA

View Full Version : 300ex motor....tell me if this will work.....

"BLAHH"300!!
04-18-2003, 05:11 PM
i went to www.webcamshafts.com this is what i found

i'm on a budget, and i can afford all this from this website, but i'm not sure if these parts will work well with each other....
....you can go to that web site, click on 250x/300ex parts, and see what i'm looking at....

CAM...($110)
----improves mid-range and top end power..use with performance exhaust and valve spring kit.

VALVE SPRING KIT....($105)
----race kit with valve guides (titanuim retainers)

does the spring kit include valves, or just springs.
IF NOT, can i use my stock valves,

exhaust, and intake valve's are only $30 a valve. so i could buy them too. (there's four right?)

i don't need the shortend valve guides', or oversized intake valve's do i?

i will not be racing this engine...but after i'm finished, i want to FEEL a differance.....i just want a nice looking, fast trail bike...will this do it?

should i get the .320 cam, and the spring kit......
if i get the exhaust and intake valve's it will tottal
$335.....and i can still afford a piston, and maybe a clutch kit....

(man i hope this works

"BLAHH"300!!
04-19-2003, 03:20 AM
...come on guys,
.....15 view's, someone know's something
i need to get some parts ordered.

oh yea,.i'm trying not to bore unless i have to.
..if i do bore it'll be just enugh to clean up my cylinder.
and it won't be to 330....prolly just a true 300, 309, something small.

330exracer122
04-19-2003, 03:29 AM
what ever you do get hardened rockers

honda400zx
04-19-2003, 03:29 AM
wouldnt see why you would need new valves unless tour seats and valve faces were screwed. id say if you just laped them in and took you time they be pritty good. i think the 300 has 4 valvs though. if you were ambisious you coud do some porting all you need is a little had held grinder type thing the have em at sears pritty cheap.:) p.s deffinatly hone it if you dont bore the criss cross scratches help the rings seal properly.

phatswinn
04-19-2003, 05:00 AM
everything sounds good, but one thing is that the stock clutch is the best one so ya prolly dont need a new clutch, also have you thought about buying shocks first befor your motor mods? shock do a huge difference, IMO i think everyone should buy chassis part then when you mod the motor out you can control the power and handle it around corners and jumps alot better

"BLAHH"300!!
04-19-2003, 05:14 AM
thanx guys.....

"PHATSWINN"
i understand what you mean, but..
my motor needs a build pretty bad...it's sad man
i have to go inside it anyway, and i don't want to build it again later...hard to find a builder, ups would not ship my motor
i can bolt on shocks myself, but i don't trust myself enugh to build a motor

i think i'm going to buy this cam, a hi-comp piston, and the spring kit...

if ups would ship my motor this would not be a problem, i have a guy itching to build it, but he's in Maine..
(i'll buy your plane ticket's man, might have to take a bus haha")

330exracer122
04-19-2003, 08:12 AM
get harden rockers or youll pay for it later trust me!!!!

WildCatRacer
04-19-2003, 11:19 AM
I will save you a lot of money right now....first of all you dont really need the mid/top cam for trail riding. I would just get the all around cam. that way you dont need hardend rockers or heavy valve springs. so your only looking at about $130. leaving you way more money for other stuff. a high compretion piston would be a good investment, but remember your stuck running race gas after that. if you have a pipe already I recomend getting a unlimited rev. cdi. www.profabatv.com will do it for around $40 and same day turn around. other than a good filter like k&n and the other things I mentioned your motor will have a good increase in power. anymore and you'll have to dig deep into the motor and your wallet. as for shipping your motor...I dont know why ups wouldnt take it? ship it in a rubbermaid container. I just sent my fedex last week. it was about $40. For Dirt Only Racing in ohio does really good work. also pro fab atv.

"BLAHH"300!!
04-19-2003, 01:16 PM
I HAVE TO RUN RACE FUEL WITH A HI-COMP PISTON???:eek2:

no-way dude.....don't tell me that...
i thought you only had to run race fuel if your compression was over 11:1.
doesn't a hi-comp piston give you 11:1 compression...that should be regular pump gas....
..if that's the case i'm just ganna replace the rings and sew her back up...

take away my ignorance....(tell me what i don't understand)

where's the cheepest place to buy a white brother's complete pipe??....does anyone sell it cheeper than $300 ?

if i do get the hi-comp piston, and this all around cam, + the pipe filter, and re-jett....will i be faster that a piped blaster, & warrior?
...what about a bone stock 99'400ex...(stock down to the hand grips)...think i could beat that?

TRX_Thumper
04-19-2003, 02:28 PM
a 11:1 piston should run great on 93 pump...i wouldnt buy a complete white bros i would get a hetrick full system very nice..if you really want a comp white bros check out www.rockymountainatv.com ....you should also run 14/38 gearing with 22in tires or 14/36 with 20 inch tires and you should be a tad faster than warrior and blaster but you will still lack alot to beating a 400...fix the 4 wheeler up just rings so it doesnt smoke and slick it up sell it save your money update to a 400ex like i did its well worth it...a 300ex just isnt in the same league...

"BLAHH"300!!
04-19-2003, 03:26 PM
pipe..
...the main reason i'm goin' for the "white" pipe, is becouse of it's head pipe...
i'll be installing an oil cooler soon, and i want to mount it between the 2 vert' frame rails in front of the engine....if the head pipe goes between these rails, i can't do it...i can, but it'll be mounted low...just begging for a stick to wreck the fin's...
..if you can think of another pipe that doesn't go between the frame rails, let me know, or if you think the hetrick slip-on will work with the white head pipe let me know..
..i can't get a reply from hetrick racing.

400ex.
...i can buy a nice used bone stock 99' model for $3000, and it come's with a trailer. sure i'd like to have it, but i don't know man....i just like my little 3'. plus it's my riding buddy's quad, and if he sells it, he's ganna buy some slow 4x4 mudd buggy...he sux.

gearing..
..thanx for that info...i was going to run 14t/38t with 20"s.
i don't like the 22's, too much flex.
i'm thinkin' hard about putting the 20's on my 10" rims, instead of my 9's....right now it's set up, 14/38 with18"s on 10"s :huh
yeah i know...but i kept running it becouse i thought.."anyday now i'll have it torn down, i'll wait and fix all this then...."
that was 2 years ago haha...

anything else i should know before i place my order...
i can't buy the piston untill i see the cylincer walls, so i got a few more day's...builder's busy

TRX_Thumper
04-20-2003, 01:45 PM
well i think i would check out the supertrap ids2 its alot cheaper than the white bros and the header routes the same as the white bros...naw the hetrick silencer wouldnt fit the white bros header id say...check out rockymountain for the supertrapp