PDA

View Full Version : Moving Threads

Rip_Tear
04-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Well I just read 4punks thing about people posting in the wrong forum and just thought of an idea. I think the thread starter should be able to move the thread (I dont believe this is possible now...) Because as 4punks did say, sometimes you just make the mistake, I know I have, I thought I was in the body forum but I wasn't and somehow I posted in the wrong forum... Dumb mistake, and I would have moved the thread if I knew how... Just an idea :D

Thanks for listening

Doibugu2
04-18-2003, 01:34 AM
Easy solution. Copy the info you just typed. Delete your thread. Create a new thread in the correct forum. Takes less than 1 minute.

Ben
04-18-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Easy solution. Copy the info you just typed. Delete your thread. Create a new thread in the correct forum. Takes less than 1 minute.

Thanks Doug :)

Rip_Tear
04-18-2003, 05:22 AM
I agree with you Doug. It was just a thought, instead of having to make a new thread and deleting the old one. And it would take more then 1 minute for anyone on dial up, depending on what they type etc. It was just a thought though, didn't know how hard it would be to incorperate it into the site. Because I didn't realise I had posted in the wrong forum until I had 3 people reply to the thread, so that would mean deleting their posts awell.

Doibugu2
04-18-2003, 05:26 AM
Coping and pasting does not have any effect on your connection. It takes seconds. It may take awhile for you to open up the thread, delete it, and create a new thread.

But you know Ben isn't going to allow anyone to move a thread, because when someone gets pissed he is just going to start moving threads all over the place.

Things generally work best when the general user has as little authority as possible.

04-18-2003, 07:08 AM
I agree with Doug too....I understand that sometimes we all make the mistake of starting a thread in the worng forum but we have some real retards on here that start every thread in the open forum etc, etc, etc.

Castor-426ex
04-18-2003, 07:13 AM
for sale 400ex fenders make offer

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Doibugu2
04-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex

Hey I think your fendors will sell better if you make a new post.:eek:

Castor-426ex
04-18-2003, 07:35 AM
liar!! lmgdfao:D :D

AtvMxRider
04-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex

Will you part them out?

Rip_Tear
04-18-2003, 12:45 PM
LOL @ Castor-426ex. I just wanted to let you know (because I feel dumb now) I meant it would take time to delete a thread and make the new one (not the copy past thing) and also only the thread starter would be able to move the thread :D

I did think about if someone got mad they would start moving threads etc, and some of the members on here can barely handle making readable thread lol so moving a thread could possilbe kill some of them off :p

I totaly get were your comming from on the general user having very little authority though, can you imagine if Rico had control.... LOL JK