PDA

View Full Version : I think im through!

kawasaki_ridah
04-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Well i have been thinking since i broke my leg and i have decided to just sell my quad my doctor said my leg would never be the same or as strong so i couldnt jump as much any more, and there went my dream of racing mx so im just bummed out about this, in my head i dont wanna do this but then again i do, i mean im just 16 and i will miss rideing my quad alot but i dont wanna risk it again

JustRace
04-17-2003, 12:30 PM
stick with it if you really want to. A lot of doctors just don't like ATV's. He may have just told you that for some BS. When i herniated the disk in my back the doctor told me the same thing and i have nerve damage in my left leg now because of it. Well i didn't sell mine after being told to never ride again, i just love riding.

ridesa02400EX
04-17-2003, 12:30 PM
your gonna quit because you broke a leg and your doctor said it wouldnt be as strong? you should keep riding dont give it up because of what a doctor says or just because you broke a leg

JUSTINcredible
04-17-2003, 12:32 PM
a friednd of mine was in the same position as you about 6 months ago, he races sno-x and he broke his leg and the doctor told him he would never beable to race again, he figured he might as well sell his sleds and trailer and just give it up, but in the end he decided to keep them and his leg healed and he raced the last race of the season and finishd in 2nd place.. that just goes to show how much doctors know... i wouldent give up riding/racing just yet...

EvilJester400EX
04-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Yeah dude, stick with riding. The docs told me I would never be able to walk again, but now look, I'm racing. Stay with riding.

QuadTrix6
04-17-2003, 12:41 PM
im sure with some weight training it can be stronger than it ever was...keep at it if its what you like to do

Honda4trax250x
04-17-2003, 12:45 PM
c'mon tell the doctor to shutup and keep riding

ex kid
04-17-2003, 12:46 PM
my two opinons are fuc* the doctor..none of em like quads. and if you really wanted to race then you will cause any real racer will tell you they have to be practiclly dead to quit racing. once you enter your first race you'll be hooked it will be great for you becaseu u'll be motavatied to get your leg completey healed.

Glow Plug
04-17-2003, 12:48 PM
man don't give it upyet, like if you hurt your self again then there quit but are you gonig to let one really bad insident ruin your dream?

300exTJjeeper
04-17-2003, 01:21 PM
yeah man,
Don't quit yoru dream, make the most of it plus more prove to your self that your the best.
I remeber riding a article a while ago, whre this rider lost use of legs in a race. He was determine to ride again.
and guess what is doing it right. With a modified quad he able to shift and brake with only his hands. and guess what he is a hill climber too

SO take that and but it to good use

04-17-2003, 01:25 PM
My chyropractor rides a yz250! :devil

kawasaki_ridah
04-17-2003, 01:40 PM
I dunno its pushing it i would love to but im scared im really confused someone offered me 4,900 for my quad and i could use money to fix up my tiburon but then again i will really miss rideing its hard to give up kinda like smoking is to smokers

04-17-2003, 02:01 PM
At 16 it will heal pretty darn good ..trust me I have broke a few bones during my teenage years ...& they dont bother me too much ..give yourself & your injury plenty time to heel & then build it up slowly , w/rehibilitation ..
strength training ,exercise & a healthy diet will help a bunch too.
3 years ago i broke my collar bone ..& mostly it feels fine ...its the weather thats get to it at times
..funnny thing is ,I've heard some say a bone can heel stronger than it was depending what & how it was broke :ermm:

dj416
04-17-2003, 02:03 PM
u might need to to give up the dream of racing but u can still ride. the way i see it is true racers aint scared to get hurt, u cant race 100% and be scared at the same time. most racers ,including myself, expect to get hurt but not scared too. broke bones and stuff like that are part of it, not that its wrong to give it up it its just u racing and winning isnt your main goal. just think about it. if u race and ride hard u will get hurt well about a 90% chance

04-17-2003, 02:05 PM
nope quit, if a broken leg is gonna discourage u your not met to ride, look at seth or carey hart, carey hart broke his legs bad , doctors always tell them to stay off and he was riding with a cast

04-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
Well i have been thinking since i broke my leg and i have decided to just sell my quad my doctor said my leg would never be the same or as strong so i couldnt jump as much any more, and there went my dream of racing mx so im just bummed out about this, in my head i dont wanna do this but then again i do, i mean im just 16 and i will miss rideing my quad alot but i dont wanna risk it again
i am disgraced that someone who i know who rides is this big of a PU**Y to just give up like a little baby QUICK SOMEONE CALL THE WAMBULANCE WE GOT A MAJOR MAMA'S BOY" dont think im being mean either but thats what im seeing when i read ur post.:rolleyes:

flyin#5
04-17-2003, 02:22 PM
if your a ***** then you will sell your quad. doctors are lieing *******s (no offense to any doctors) but seriously they will tell you things that they may even think is true but who cares? i never go to the doctor.... big cut pinch it together and put a band aid on it real tight.:rolleyes: if i was you i would use that big cast on my leg to be kicking the doctor in the a##

04-17-2003, 02:26 PM
doctors are dicks, we give them good business they should stfu

i think that is kinda *****ish unless u realized your not hardcore enough to break bones:scary:

Moded86R
04-17-2003, 02:57 PM
December 22nd 2001.I am flying across a feild getting ready to hit a big jump.I am running my wider off-set wheels on my 300ex.I hit the jump.But one of the wheels is off the side.The bike ends up doing barrel rolls while I land hands first at 45 mph.I broke both my wrist.And couldn't open christmas presents.Or eat or do anything really.

The doctor told me I would never be able to ride again.Guess what 2 years later I am still at it.Even though I think I am a little slower.(got a little smarter)Than I was back then.

Also when I was a little baby.My baby sitter shook me.My head filled with fluid.The doctors said I would be mentally retarded and never be able to walk or be normal again.And while alot of people don't consider me normal.I can sure as heck walk!

04-17-2003, 03:03 PM
doctors cant tell u what your body is feelin, you know what u can do and what uc ant do when it hurts dont do it

kawasaki_ridah
04-17-2003, 03:36 PM
guys like i said i really dont want to quit but i think i may have to im going to make my tiburon bad and then maybe when i get a job buy a KFX 700 or something, its funny how i did a super man that day then i was going to do a nothing so i was testing the jump maybe 3rd gear i just bumped it to see how the quad would react then i felt no peg but i dont remeber takeing my foot off the peg and way i heard a SNAP!!! and i was like ahh s*** DA**IT i need to invest in nerf bars i stopped and turned it off and my friend rode over and said what wrong i was like dude pull my boot off i think its broke so he unsapped it and i pulled it up and it just dangeled:eek2: so he got my dad and i held it up by the break on a 45 min ride to the hospital where i was at for 5 hours and had nothing but x rays and morphine and a 3,500 dollar bill then i was rushed by ambulance to anthor hospital where i was but to sleep and woke up with alot of awelling and had to have 8 cuts for swelling and horrible pain not once shedding a tear so excuse me for being scared or as it seems to be popular on here a pu**y

Nausty
04-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Ever heard of Justin Homan??? He thought his career was over when he messed up his leg so that it was partially paralized. He had to shift with his hand and guess what?? He was the first person to pull a holyman.;) Look at almost all the pro racers/freestylers. Most of em' have broken so many bones its not even funny. Seth Enslow, MIke Jones, Mike Metzger, Carey Hart and the list goes on and on. Your leg could be stronger than it ever was if you never lifted weights. One of my dads friends has a kid who I ride with sometimes who broke his leg last fall and is already riding, jumping and is gonna be racing soon. Also I don't remember the name but there is actually a pro skateboarder who uses a synthetic leg.

You'll be fine, just take it easy for a while riding as not to get in a bad accident and instead of focusing on riding start running, weight training and stretching regularly and you'll be stronger, faster and in better shape than before.

I've had my fair share of injuries too bud. Over a hundred stitches, skin graphs, cracked ribs, concussions, broken collar bone and sprained ankle(no nerfs). I'm proud to say I never took pain killers and never cried once. :blah It sucks, but it comes with the sport. Just heal up and work other parts of your body if you can't do leg presses or anything with your legs so then at least if you don't have strong legs you can make up for it with a strong upper body.

Seriously though, do you wanna live your life behind a tv just because its the safest thing to do?? I mean the reason I ride is because I wanna live life so that 1. I die a old man knowing that i've done more things in my life and lived to the fullest more than anyone else I know or 2. Die doing something I love still thinking i've done everything there is to do. Not only that but every time I ride its like it just purges of all the stress i've accumulated through the week to where I can just ride and forget everything thats on my mind and come back the next monday with a clear mind and better work ethic.

At least give her one more shot. I've never had a broken leg but it should be nothing compared to what other people have endured through and still have became pro. Just be glad you don't have any back problems or a prosthetic leg or even no feet.:eek:

CHAUNCY
04-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
Ever heard of Justin Homan??? He thought his career was over when he messed up his leg so that it was partially paralized. He had to shift with his hand and guess what?? He was the first person to pull a holyman.;) Look at almost all the pro racers/freestylers. Most of em' have broken so many bones its not even funny. Seth Enslow, MIke Jones, Mike Metzger and the list goes on and on and on. Your leg could be stronger than it ever was if you never lifted weights. One of my dads friends has a kid who I ride with sometimes who broke his leg last fall and is already riding, jumping and is gonna be racing soon.

You'll be fine, just take it easy for a while riding as not to get in a bad accident and instead of focusing on riding start running, weight training and stretching regularly and you'll be stronger, faster and in better shape than before.

I've had my fair share of injuries too bud. Over a hundred stitches, skin graphs, cracked ribs, concussions, broken collar bone and sprained ankle(no nerfs). I'm proud to say I never took pain killers and never cried once. :blah

seriously though, do you wanna live your life behind a tv just because its the safest thing to do?? I mean the reason I ride is because I wanna live life so that 1. I die a old man knowing that i've done more things in my life and lived it to the fullest than anyone else I know or 2. Die doing something I love. Not only that but every time I ride its like it just purges of all the stress i've accumulated through the week to where I can just ride and forget everything thats on my mind.

At least give her one more shot.

Very well said

Bretmd94
04-17-2003, 06:15 PM
You want to use the money for a tiburon? Are you serious. Leave the car stock. I used to be into imports, its not worth it. Once i got out of HS Imports were dumb. I wanted a truck. The only girls you pick up with imports are dirty hizzos. Now with a bad *** quad and a truck, you get much more quality. Seriously whats that tiburon turn in the 1/4? 17 sec, maybe 16. Might as well sell the quad and car and save up for a Lancer Evo. Now thats an import worth buying.

redrider808
04-17-2003, 06:25 PM
ok bro this is the first time you got hurt right?
ill bet it is . i know this guy that lost bouth his feet.
when he was 12 .

never been on a quad till well after he lost his feet .
and races every friday night .

the doc's told him he would never walk again.
funny he run's the hell out of his cannondale
took 2nd place in his class last year (B)
as i look up at all my trophies i laff what do doc's know !!!!

the person im talking about is me .
get back on that quad take it slow don't push your self .
let the leg get stronger . get some nerfs
and don't look back.
you will be fine

QuAdRaCeR244
04-17-2003, 06:30 PM
i wouldn' give up yet....but it you do sell me your quad:p

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-17-2003, 06:31 PM
I broke my back last year...I thought when they told me that my days of quad riding were over...well their not...I just stayed off the quad for a long time, let everything heal up, ate healthy, etc. and it paid off...I'm back out riding again. Don't give up so soon...I know right now things don't look good...but give it some time, and you will change your mind...trust me ;)

ex kid
04-18-2003, 01:30 AM
seriously dont sell the bike and if you do just get somthin smaller to puts around on till ur ready to fly agian. leave the car alone or get a camaro. the real thing i wanted to say was that if you have not seen Huevos 5..buy it. look at the crash that dana creech has, and the numerous crashes aguest gabel has. thoose dudes just rest up and do it agian. and dana creech just one the clear channel stadium series. how many doctors u think told him to stay away from quads?

Doibugu2
04-18-2003, 02:02 AM
Doctors have to tell you things you might not want to hear because of liability issues.

Just think if he told you are ok to ride tomorrow. If you believed what he said and then rebroke your leg, than you could sue him. Doctors have to be very cautious about telling people things so they are not held liable.

But on the other hand you have to live your own life by your own rules. Don't let others make decisions for you. Be in the front, there is less dust up there.:p

04-18-2003, 02:32 AM
I know a guy that broke his femur bone when he crashed his RM80 (he was 15 i believe).

He had to get pins in his leg, metal plate and had the cuts in his leg like you.

Doctors said he would never walk again, now he's running like it never happened. But he hasnt ridden since. So, im not sure if he CANT, but he stayed off his bike for like a year and a half :(

get a 4x4 and go mudding for awhile, stay out of the air!

this makes me want to not ride a quad without nerfs

Dan300ex
04-18-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
my two opinons are fuc* the doctor..none of em like quads. and if you really wanted to race then you will cause any real racer will tell you they have to be practiclly dead to quit racing. once you enter your first race you'll be hooked it will be great for you becaseu u'll be motavatied to get your leg completey healed.

we have a winner:devil

Krazy Kid
04-18-2003, 02:45 AM
last year i popped the nerve out of my elbow and screwed up my growth plate.....the doctors sed i wouldnt ever pitch again in baseball......well here i am 14 yrs old in 8th grade...and playing for a 10 grade legion ball team when i should still be in the pony league and guess what.....im the # 2 pitcher on the team

earlier this year around x mas i pulled the muscle on the back of my neck right in the beginning of wrestling season.....doctors said i couldnt wrestle for the rest of the year.....(just ended last weekend).......ya well i wrestled the whole last half of the season......and came out undefeated....shows ya what doctors kno!!

kawasaki_ridah
04-18-2003, 05:35 AM
i will prob keep my quad but no way am i gettin a 4x4 and stop jumping!! thats what i want to do i have mastered the endo and wheelie to i get sick of doing it so i want to do freestyle but it may be awhile before i bust out another trick but thanks guys for tha support it helps alot

Tommy 17
04-18-2003, 09:26 AM
back in july of 1999 i crashed my cr80 racing... i ended up shattering my left femur...

as i laided there in the hospital i was told i'd never ride again... and that i would never be able to do anything... i was told i wasn't allowed to play football, baseball, anything...

after 6 months of having this bar u see in my leg in this pic i was totaly bummed my 8th grade year of school was ruined and so was my dreams of ever goin to lorretta lynns the next year on a dirtbike for the amateur national championship...

it came around about march i was allowed to finally walk... but not run... my best friend adam got a 400ex on march 25th for his birthday... my dad said i could go take a ride on my cr80 with him if i was careful and didn't do anything but slowly go on a nice slow trail ride... i was scared ****less!!! it took me 2 hours to get on the bike and go back... but i did it after i was told i'd never ride again... that day i got on my friends 400ex and played around a lil bit... from that moment on i knew i wanted the 400ex and i would keep riding... it was in my heart to ride i guess...

i guess after i was told i'd never ride again i almost quit... but i eventaully got back on it and went... i got over the fear of gettin hurt again...

now i just think 3 times b4 i do something stupid like b4... not a day goes by that i dont' remember being hurt like that and everything i went though... but it was all wroth it to ride again...

4Man450es
04-18-2003, 09:38 AM
stick with riding. screw the doctor.. lol riding shouldnt just be given up on.

kawasaki_ridah
04-18-2003, 12:01 PM
im keepign to it guys!