PDA

View Full Version : help putting on a new clutch return spring

R-Crazy
04-17-2003, 04:11 AM
Just ordered a new clutch return spring (spring on rod that the cable hooks up to) because the one on the bike broke. It there a way to put it on without pulling off the whole side of the motor? is there a way i can just "screw" it on? Ill try that first, and if that doesnt work, i think i will have to take off the side case. What a pain in the ***** for a little sping if i have to do that!:mad:

dave

R-Crazy
04-17-2003, 01:43 PM
bump

dave

jerry-89-250R
04-17-2003, 01:52 PM
you have too remove the side cover, the spring goes on the bottom of that arm,

mikeboone
04-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Yep, be sure to rotate the clutch arm when putting it back together so the lifter pin goes inside the clutch arm hole. How would you 'screw it on"? Good luck and maybe you wont tear the case gasket and need a new one...

R-Crazy
04-17-2003, 04:46 PM
sorta like a key chain, i think ill try that first:D , but it wont be hard to take off the side case tho.

dave

mikeboone
04-18-2003, 10:53 AM
I know what your thinking--it will just slide in the hole and work:eek: But,one end has to be locked into the slot in the case for it to work. You may want to check the clutch lifter pin as well when you take the case off. This is the metal od with the round 'button' that goes into the clutch arm. This gets tapered at the end and can break at the thin part as mine did last summer.

R-Crazy
04-18-2003, 12:39 PM
nah, not like that, "screw" it onto the rod, and after 5-6 turns, it will be under the cover deal. o well. thanks.

dave