PDA

View Full Version : need help on tire deciscion

Trickster78
04-16-2003, 06:22 PM
hey guys its trickster, fixing to buy a new set of tires for my 300 and want your opinins on what would be the best? I am looking at the itp holeshot mx or a set of razrs. The riding i do is soft sand , dirt, alot of trail riding, but i want o good tire to pull through mud cuz my stock tires su@# , i want something good that wont wear quick , any help would be great. heres latest pix of horshow ride:devil :devil

CaliQuadRcr
04-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Buy some Outlaws the tread is an inch and a half tall and takes forever to wear out

Big - D Racing
04-16-2003, 08:40 PM
if you do mudd riding and you want tires to last long don't getmx tires. Get like a 6 ply 20 inch razrs or GBC shredders. Both are hard to put holes in and last forever. Holeshot mx are a 2 ply tire made of soft rubber that can get holes in easy unless your riding on a groomed track with no obstructions on the track as found on the trails.

300EX
04-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Get the ITP Holeshots, just the plain jain ones. Thats all I have ever had and I love them, they get great traction good side grip. I do the same kind of riding you do and when you go through mud they just keep on going, the only time I get stuck is when I bottom out.:rolleyes:

QuadTrix6
04-17-2003, 01:06 AM
try razors in rear and razor 2s in front

250EXking
04-17-2003, 07:48 AM
razr are a great tire. i have a set on my 250. but once they cake in mud. they suck. they are awsome in hadnling in the woods. but if you hit a really big mud hole. you might me in trouble. but the razrs are good.