PDA

View Full Version : 1st hillclimb crash

250EXking
04-16-2003, 11:20 AM
I've climbed alot of hills last year with my 250. but today i had my first experince crashing with it. i was climbing a pretty steep hill with a little mudhole at the bottom. i made it all the way to the top and hit a little tree. it shot me back and i locked up all my brakes but it did no good. my handle bars turned and i jumped off and down my bike went. once i was off i caught the bike out of the corner of my eye coming at me so i ran out of the way. i have maxxis razr tires and as it was flipping down the hill the front tire hit my back and left a perfect pattern right down the middle. it hit the bottom and landed on a stump. only a slight bend in the bars. i found some tree bark between the brake and the grip. so i looked at the trees and one tree at the bottom had a chunk taken out of it about 7 feet high. my buddies said my bike was really bouncing down the hill i guess it was.

anyone else have hill climbing stories.

QuAdRaCeR244
04-16-2003, 11:55 AM
i almost always make it all the way up the hills i climb. the only time i crashed badly was when i was on my friends YZ125 dirtbike, i wanted to show off and wheelie up the hill but the power was more than i thought it was and it flipped me back:o

deathman53
04-16-2003, 12:32 PM
my first crash climbing hills was like that. I was riding in the coal pits in PA, I made to the top of the hill, but the top was very slick. I held the front brakes, but the quad started to slide down, the bars jarred and the quad rolled 3 or 4 times and I was on it for the first two. I bent the steering stem thats it, can't beat a honda. Also broke my cell phone and got a huge bruise on my hip, that was the worst part of it, for the next week it hurt everytime I moved.

Stevie-D
04-16-2003, 01:28 PM
ya some of those coal piles are pretty mean. a few years back i saw a trike sideways sliding down one of em. i was on the interstate when i saw it.lol

zzbudzz
04-16-2003, 02:02 PM
funny how quads seems to find you! when you have to " get off "

cool 300ex
04-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Ya i was pulling up to this hill a while ago.I was thinking i had it in revese buck here i was in 1sti pop the cluth.THen the quad went right up in the air then fliped back i was getting out of the rode and it fell right on top of my while body.The handel bars hit me in the head i had a bleed noisebut thats all.O ya this was on my old 300ex!

honda400exrider
04-16-2003, 02:59 PM
I have rolled a few times, once with a chick on the back:devil but thankfully I have never got too messed up, just bent the stock bars on my quad and a few sore spots. All I know is that when I know I am going to flip, I jump the **** off of there!:p

Rip_Tear
04-17-2003, 02:12 PM
So far I have managed to catch my quad every time I it tries to roll down. Like if its going to roll sideways down the hill, I jump up the hill and grab the bars and hold it there and get it turned around, or if the front end comes up and its going to roll back I just balance the quad out by giving it some gas (like a little then non etc) and then get the front end to come back down. Sorry its a little hard to explain, but its saved me a few times :D

250exen
04-17-2003, 02:19 PM
well i was going up a hill and the top was all messed up and i wasnt ready for it so the front tires started comming up to the point where i couldnt stop them so i jumped off but my 250 rolled down the hill 3 times then it hit a big oak tree:scary:

250exen
04-17-2003, 02:21 PM

Stevie-D
04-17-2003, 02:30 PM
I have rolled a few times, once with a chick on the back
at least you had some good padding:devil

sweet300ex
04-17-2003, 03:01 PM
sucks that it happened man but it always happens at one point, i thought i would never wreck and now ive wrecked like 5 times

250EXking
04-18-2003, 12:04 AM
man 250exen, mine rolled three times and hit two tress and all that happened to my 250 was a slightest bend in my bars. you can hardly notice it. but you can get new front platices for 60 bucks.

250exen
04-18-2003, 02:31 AM
new plastic and handlebars...

$75 lesson:p

250EXking
04-18-2003, 02:36 AM
ive seen more costful crashes then that. what about that banshee in huevos three that really got messed up. well as long as you get out of the way of the bike. go and try to catch it and save some money.:p :p

flyin#5
04-18-2003, 03:59 AM
well we have this tabletop jump built into a hill and the hill is dug out at the top just wide enough for a quad.. well we were jumping one the jump then we would turn around and come back down the jump. well my friend was on another friends 250ex and he has a gay twist throttle so it stuck and he isnt used to twising so he kept twising and narrowly missed a tree with the front and then the back end hit and half of the quad was on the jump and half on the non cut out part of the hill.... rolled 5 or 6 times and over my friend several times..... 200$ later he has his needed new axle

QuadJunkies
04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
I had a roll over and down a sand bowl my first ten minutes of my trip to the BIG dunes last year, rolled to the bottom of the dune bruised me up pretty good and gouged my hand , caused a little nerve damage in it, but other than that the quad had only minor scratches and hurt my pride a bit:o to this day, I cant get myself to ride the rim anymore.:(

balla250ex
04-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 250EXking
man 250exen, mine rolled three times and hit two tress and all that happened to my 250 was a slightest bend in my bars. you can hardly notice it. but you can get new front platices for 60 bucks.
Where can ya get them for 60$?? Lord knows I need them!!!

250EXking
04-25-2003, 11:48 PM
in dirtwheels. look for the planet honda page and they sell front plastics for 60 bucks.

Jekyl_22
04-26-2003, 02:40 PM
My brother and I got our Bayou 300 stuck up in a tree once....:D

CHAUNCY
04-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Jekyl_22

LMAO:p How did he manage that ? Got a picture ?

TrailBreaker70
04-27-2003, 03:01 AM
Yesterday my brother tried to climb this narrow hill on his Scrambler 500. The hill was just barely wide enough to fit a four wheeler on anyway. When he got to the top and stopped, he realized that there was no dirt under his left front wheel. He yelled and leaped off and the Scrambler tumbled twice down the 15 foot tall hill after him. I was sitting right there watching. The thing was actually still running but it bent the rear rack and the brake lever on the left side of the bars.

Rip_Tear
04-27-2003, 10:19 AM

Ya I want to see a pic of this!!!

Jekyl_22
04-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Sorry, no picture... It started like this:

My brother and I were double riding, and he decided to go up a trail he had never gone up before. It turned out to be way steeper than he had thought, and we stop to turn around on the hill.... and it rolled over. It was bouncing and tumbling and it hit a tree towards the bottom of the hill. It was stuck in the tree hanging a few feet above the ground. We had to get a cumalong to winch it out of the tree, it was in there pretty good!

CHAUNCY
04-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Sorry, no picture... It started like this:

My brother and I were double riding, and he decided to go up a trail he had never gone up before. It turned out to be way steeper than he had thought, and we stop to turn around on the hill.... and it rolled over. It was bouncing and tumbling and it hit a tree towards the bottom of the hill. It was stuck in the tree hanging a few feet above the ground. We had to get a cumalong to winch it out of the tree, it was in there pretty good!

LOL
That would have been awesome to see:eek:

Narly R
04-27-2003, 03:26 PM
LOL Anthony, i never heard about this one!!!:D

Prazak250EX
04-27-2003, 03:26 PM
first time I wrecked was on a HUGE sand hill. I had just gotten my bike and my friend and his dad were climbin the corner of this hill, must've been like a 50-70 degree angle. Me being a dumb@$$, I tried it in like 2nd gear on my 250, got halfway up the hill, tried the brakes, rolled backwards, turned, rolled and got rolled on about 3 times down the hill, all that happened was bent bars tho! CAN"T BEAT A HONDA!

luvmyex
04-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Two weekends ago at Windrock i saw a new eiger that had rolled down a BIG hill.They said that it rolled at least 20-25 times.It was compleately totaled.The flywheel was busted all to piecies.Along with everthing else.
But this is a pic of my friend flipping down a hill that i had just made it up on.He wasnt so lucky.Flipped about 4 times.Bent stem and lever but not much else.