PDA

View Full Version : Hubs coming loose?

jhr400EX
04-16-2003, 09:50 AM
My hubs move like they are stripped out, but there is no evidence of any stripping of the splines on the axle or inside the hub. They are so loose now I can't even ride it. Has anyone else here had problems with the stock hubs coming loose, even when you have the nut that holds on the hub on right?

04-16-2003, 10:12 AM
very common problem and you just need ta tighten the hubs up every month or 2 ta fix the problem..no biggy..:blah

MX250r
04-16-2003, 10:55 AM
very common problem and you just need ta tighten the hubs up every month or 2 ta fix the

What he said!!!

trx400ex
04-16-2003, 11:12 AM
OK guys what about this..

I bought a new LSR axle and the right side hub had to be pounded on with a hammer, the other side was perfect.....2 days later the hubs move all around on the side that had to be pounded on, but on the other side that was perfect it is twice as bad....i tried 4 seperate hubs and they all have a little play on one side and alot on the other.....

I ordered some LSR hubs, but if i get the same results with those on should i contact LSR?

ChadEXer
04-17-2003, 05:16 AM
My hubs come loose after every ride. I used to not have any problem with them until I got the 505, now after a day at the drag strip they get very loose, even with the cotter pins in the hub nuts. This time I tried putting a little medium density lock tite on the hub nut to see if it will keep them a little tighter!!
trx400ex, I think you should contact them, that doesnt sound right to me!

RideRed400StYlE
04-17-2003, 06:37 AM
it seems that the spacers on the lsr axles cover up too much of the spline so the hub doesnt have all that much to sit on. I noticed that on mine too. but not nearly as bad as yours. and there should be no reason that you would have to pound the hub on there. that just doesnt sound right to me at all

trx400ex
04-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Got my new LSR hubs today and they are loose on my LSR axles splines, so i think LSR screwed up somewhere....ill have to check into it....

modracer5
04-17-2003, 01:21 PM
i check my hubs every week for tightness. but try once a month to put bearing grease on the splines of the axle and in the hubs then put them on tighten up and let it rip. the grease helps to take out the slop in the splines and helps to keep the hubs tighter for a longer amount of time. lsr axle and hubs.

trx400ex
04-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Did your LSR hubs make your rear end narrower? MINe did about 2 inches..