PDA

View Full Version : abandoned Brazil Trails in Indiana

steve
04-16-2003, 07:48 AM
hey i have heard of the old trails, which are now abandoned, in brazil Indiana. My question is does anyone have any pictures because my buddies have said it was awsome but they have no pictures and i just wanted to know what the riding was like and if someone had pics they could post that would be cool to>

Thanks

remlapr
04-16-2003, 07:57 AM
abandoned?? Do you mean they were shut down?

monkeyboy
04-16-2003, 08:29 AM
is it a gost town..:confused:

gncc400exxx
04-16-2003, 10:55 AM
I live in Brazil,IN. The place you are talking about is just outside of Brazil to the west near the town of Staunton. It's an old coal mine property. I used to ride there from sunup to sundaown every weekend before it was shut down, about 7 years ago.

I should have some pics but it will take me some time to find them.

remlapr
04-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Bump - how "shut down" are we talkin here??... :D :D

04-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Bump - how "shut down" are we talkin here??... :D :D

:devil

gncc400exxx
04-20-2003, 09:44 AM
some of the area now has homes on it. The area where the Wll was is now flat. The State owns some of the area on the east side of the road and have reclaimed some of it. You can still ride on the states property but don't get cought.

My wifes cousin has farm ground the ajoins the state ground so i have easy access but have yet to check it out. Maybe after Turkey season is over,a lot of people hunt near there so there is always a CO around.

pairanutz
04-20-2003, 05:51 PM
i know some where down close to that area is a new state riding park opening this spring called RED BIRD ORV PARK is this the same area or do you know where it is supposed to be

NewRider
04-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Red Bird is in Dugger, IN. The opening date is still sketchy. Last I had heard, it was going to be June before it opens. There is still alot of good riding that is open at Red Bird now. They just closed off a large area of the back for the ORV park they are working on.

NewRider

pairanutz
04-21-2003, 07:21 AM
is this area around red bird legaly open or is it one of those things where people just ride there -how big an area is it

lil400exman
04-22-2003, 02:52 AM
kool new place to ride other than haspin acres:D

jesshamner
04-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Is there a website for Red Bird?

NewRider
04-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Its legal to ride in the area of Red Bird that is currently open. There are signs posted on the boundaries of the areas that are closed for the ORV park. As long as you stay in the open area you are fine. Wander into the other and get an $80 ticket.

As far as a website, I have no idea if there is one for the upcoming ORV park. There never was one for the old riding areas that I am aware of. Its a no charge riding area (old area) so really not worth anyones effort of maintaining a website I wouldnt think.

Sincerely,
NewRider